Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-14-2023, 10:27 AM   #1
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

AppleCarplay - brief pauses

I have been running AppleCarplay with success for a while, up until recently when it started briefly skipping/pausing during music playiing and resuming playing almost immediately. It’s pretty annoying.

I called Amazon, because I am using Amazon Music, and they just suggested deleting the Amazon Music app and reinstalling it. They also said I would likely lose all of my saved music… not cool.

I am trying to figure out what is causing these pauses. I am not connecting via. Bluetooth, but rather I think it just connects via cellular data. I thought maybe it was because I lost cellular connection, but it still does it when I am on 5g or LTE with 3-4 bars.

Anyone else experience this, or figure out a fix?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 03:23 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
I have been running AppleCarplay with success for a while, up until recently when it started briefly skipping/pausing during music playiing and resuming playing almost immediately. It’s pretty annoying.

I called Amazon, because I am using Amazon Music, and they just suggested deleting the Amazon Music app and reinstalling it. They also said I would likely lose all of my saved music… not cool.

I am trying to figure out what is causing these pauses. I am not connecting via. Bluetooth, but rather I think it just connects via cellular data. I thought maybe it was because I lost cellular connection, but it still does it when I am on 5g or LTE with 3-4 bars.

Anyone else experience this, or figure out a fix?

Thanks
Are you streaming music or is this music pre-downloaded?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 09:02 PM   #3
jonf49
Captain
Rep

I have it set to download all of my music, and I even set it Amazon music to “offline mode”. I’ve tried it in both online and offline mode and it was still doing it. Think my connection is via cellular when online, but the screen in the car maintains a solid 5g or LTE setting throughout my commute when I did try “online mode”.

It was having the issue on the way to work today, but didn’t do it on the ride home, so fingers crossed.

Any similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 12:22 AM   #4
jonf49
Captain
Rep

The thing that seems to resolve the issue is resetting idrive to the m logo by holding the dash vol button/knob down. It was doing fine on apples last OS, but I updated my phone to 16.7 and started having the same issue again. It’s so annoying … these very brief short pauses and then the music keeps playing.
Appreciate 0