BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Things that annoy you at the gym

03-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #1145
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
What no one been to the gym lately?

Or is everyone behaving in there?
Nope... I haven’t been to a gym for 2 weeks. Back at it tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #1146
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:

i have nothing to complain about other than i can't get over my new gym as their staff is literally wiping down each and every equipment everyday from top to bottom! i mean...the cable machine that i posted below...literally they're climbing on top and wiping it down from head to toe...even the weights! it's CRAZY! LOL i'm always telling them "LA FITNESS never wipes anything down and to see you guys do this...I appreciate it!" also, all the female staffs...AMAZINGLY HAWT!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #1147
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:

i have nothing to complain about other than i can't get over my new gym as their staff is literally wiping down each and every equipment everyday from top to bottom! i mean...the cable machine that i posted below...literally they're climbing on top and wiping it down from head to toe...even the weights! it's CRAZY! LOL i'm always telling them "LA FITNESS never wipes anything down and to see you guys do this...I appreciate it!" also, all the female staffs...AMAZINGLY HAWT!

That's a nice looking gym!
      03-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #1148
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Quote:

There's this old guy who uses those chewy things that allegedly work your jawline...he also quarter reps everything and looks funny as hell doing it...he'll move his body with the machine, not body parts...hard to explain but its a complete WTF...

Been contemplating recording it and putting it on here, but might not lol...while he looks dumb as hell, hes minding his own business and doesnt annoy me...
Maybe not here, but submit to gym fuckery on IG perhaps?
      03-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #1149
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Happy the gym is now back to regular people. No more NY resolution people. Annoyed at people still holding benches and such with a bottle of water but not even using the bench for any routine other than to stretch
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #1150
Bt12
Captain
Rep

You know what’s fkd up. Some 55-60 year old regular had a heart attack at the gym today. He hasn’t been breathing for over 30 mins. I left. Don’t like seeing that shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #1151
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That's too bad. Was at empty gym besides me and buddy and really old dude. Looks over and old dude is hanging by his shirt from piece of equipment. I thought heart attack right away. I book over grab his feet and yank him down from there. Was ready to try and save him. He hit the ground woke up and started fighting me to get up. Turns out he fainted or blacked out. Was glad wasn't dead. Refused medical attention and left.

Buddy was bit frazzled cuz had a contractor and neighbor both die on him in the last year of heart attack where be was only one there doing cpr. He was like oh shit not this again.
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50
zx10guy5139.00
      03-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #1152
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
That's too bad. Was at empty gym besides me and buddy and really old dude. Looks over and old dude is hanging by his shirt from piece of equipment. I thought heart attack right away. I book over grab his feet and yank him down from there. Was ready to try and save him. He hit the ground woke up and started fighting me to get up. Turns out he fainted or blacked out. Was glad wasn't dead. Refused medical attention and left.

Buddy was bit frazzled cuz had a contractor and neighbor both die on him in the last year of heart attack where be was only one there doing cpr. He was like oh shit not this again.
Good on you Mod...most people would just freeze up and not know what to do in the heat of the moment, then, perhaps minutes later, simply go inform front desk about the dude...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #1153
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's this old guy who uses those chewy things that allegedly work your jawline...he also quarter reps everything and looks funny as hell doing it...he'll move his body with the machine, not body parts...hard to explain but its a complete WTF...

Been contemplating recording it and putting it on here, but might not lol...while he looks dumb as hell, hes minding his own business and doesnt annoy me...
Maybe not here, but submit to gym fuckery on IG perhaps?
Hah I thought about it...but the dude is simply a fail like any one of those idiots on gym fuckery, so I probably won't record and submit...

Plus, I know I'm not the only one who's concerned any little mistake I make might end up on that Insta page...so for karma purposes, I'll cut the guy a break
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #1154
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:

There are a few wtf vids on my phone in a gym idiots folder, a dude at my old work gym leaves the leg press stoppers on and grunts as he bounces 400lbs through about 4 inches of motion
See, I usually just laugh it off whenever I see that...he's doing that crap now, but give it a few years...guy will be looking at knee surgery, and likely won't touch a weight again the rest of his life
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #1155
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

When I flex my shit in the mirror and only response I get is my wife calling me a douche
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #1156
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post

Your buddy shouldn't feel bad. Doing CPR even when you witness the cardiac arrest has pretty low odds of reviving the person. Don't believe all the TV/movie crap. If I remember correctly, the stats for someone surviving is about 40% if advanced medical care is right there to respond. It drops from there.

The pervasiveness of AEDs in public places have helped to increase a person's odds of surviving a cardiac arrest. If your gym doesn't have one, you should petition them to put one in.

It's also pretty common for someone to be combative when they wake up from a fainting episode or have suffered from a head injury.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #1157
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
surprised to report this as i usually don't talk to people while I'm in the zone but this older guy decided to get my attention because i was wearing an Affliction Randy Couture shirt. He literally slid my headphones off my head and i was like whaaaaaaa??? nice guy but dude, don't touch me or physically move my headset down he started to ramble on and on about Randy Couture and i really thought common sense would kick in where okay you've been talking to me for awhile now time to move on. after 5 minutes i literally had to walk away and say alright than dude...talk to you later!
ugh...never should have talked to this guy as now he makes it a point to come and talk to me. i try to avoid him by looking the other way or walk opposite sides but he always manages to run into me which turns into a BS talk for like 10 min with me trying to walk away saying "Alright than see ya later!"
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #1158
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
ugh...never should have talked to this guy as now he makes it a point to come and talk to me. i try to avoid him by looking the other way or walk opposite sides but he always manages to run into me which turns into a BS talk for like 10 min with me trying to walk away saying "Alright than see ya later!"

Lol new bff!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #1159
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Your buddy shouldn't feel bad. Doing CPR even when you witness the cardiac arrest has pretty low odds of reviving the person. Don't believe all the TV/movie crap. If I remember correctly, the stats for someone surviving is about 40% if advanced medical care is right there to respond. It drops from there.

The pervasiveness of AEDs in public places have helped to increase a person's odds of surviving a cardiac arrest. If your gym doesn't have one, you should petition them to put one in.

It's also pretty common for someone to be combative when they wake up from a fainting episode or have suffered from a head injury.
I went back to gym to finish my work out. Dude didn’t make it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #1160
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
I went back to gym to finish my work out. Dude didn’t make it.
Sorry to hear.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #1161
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Old dudes who touch you in the gym creep me the fuck out, I've had that happen a couple of times and told them not to do it again.

I wouldn't go up and touch someone twice my size so why they think it's ok to indulge their closeted urges is beyond me.
what about hawt chicks touching you?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #1162
jninja
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
Seriously tho...when someone comes up to me to ask "are you on that??" -when clearly I'm not, and the machine they are pointing at is like halfway across the gym..smh
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #1163
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post
Seriously tho...when someone comes up to me to ask "are you on that??" -when clearly I'm not, and the machine they are pointing at is like halfway across the gym..smh
Or when you leave dumbbells ON the bench you're using and your gym bag next to it, but some idiot still is trying to take it when you get back from the water fountain.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #1164
jninja
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Or when you leave dumbbells ON the bench you're using and your gym bag next to it, but some idiot still is trying to take it when you get back from the water fountain.
Haha, yup, def not cool
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #1165
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good on you Mod...most people would just freeze up and not know what to do in the heat of the moment, then, perhaps minutes later, simply go inform front desk about the dude...
Nah I'm medical field and not the type to stand around with thumb up my ass.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #1166
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
So I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere (navojoa) and the gyms out here are pathetic.

Even hotel gyms back home are better than these places. It's no wonder everyone here is either fat or skinny. Not a single bro or thot in sight