BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 vs. S Class/7 Series - Comfort Comparison

01-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #45
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Interesting. I think when the M760Li was put in Comfort Plus mode for instance it leaned a lot in corners. However it didn't feel as bad as the X7 leaning in corners on how it made me feel because it was lower to the ground. It felt boaty but didn't make people feel ill like the X7 did. Again I suspect this might be an issue people in the US / Canada wouldn't notice as much as your roads are more straight and corners more gently sweeping.

Still I'm sure with DHP it'll be a great car and good luck on the new purchase.
Possibly, I just feel the front end of the 750 always feels out of sorts during aggressive cornering. Not that the X7 was a sports car but definitely felt more tamped down.
      01-03-2022, 05:51 AM   #46
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Quote:
Interesting. I think when the M760Li was put in Comfort Plus mode for instance it leaned a lot in corners. However it didn't feel as bad as the X7 leaning in corners on how it made me feel because it was lower to the ground. It felt boaty but didn't make people feel ill like the X7 did. Again I suspect this might be an issue people in the US / Canada wouldn't notice as much as your roads are more straight and corners more gently sweeping.

Still I'm sure with DHP it'll be a great car and good luck on the new purchase.
Possibly, I just feel the front end of the 750 always feels out of sorts during aggressive cornering. Not that the X7 was a sports car but definitely felt more tamped down.
Yeah I cannot comment on that as our 7's are completely different in those regards. It's the opposite of my experience.

Ultimately though on an SUV you don't want too much body roll as it feels horrible in my opinion. At the same time not spending all that money for something that rides stupidly firm. It's possible with the right technology to have a comfortable ride that also corners pretty flat as well. I suspect the X7 with DHP does that but without it doesn't. The Land Rover does this very nicely and I got to experience it hence the safer option for me.

Both the X7 and X5 I tested had the xOffRoad package. Honestly why would an dealer pick that for their demo cars as you'd never off road on a test drive. Also far less places to do that in the UK than you'd have in US / Canada also.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #47
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I cannot comment on that as our 7's are completely different in those regards. It's the opposite of my experience.

Ultimately though on an SUV you don't want too much body roll as it feels horrible in my opinion. At the same time not spending all that money for something that rides stupidly firm. It's possible with the right technology to have a comfortable ride that also corners pretty flat as well. I suspect the X7 with DHP does that but without it doesn't. The Land Rover does this very nicely and I got to experience it hence the safer option for me.

Both the X7 and X5 I tested had the xOffRoad package. Honestly why would an dealer pick that for their demo cars as you'd never off road on a test drive. Also far less places to do that in the UK than you'd have in US / Canada also.
Yea I havent driven the offroad package, in fact I dont think they are even offering it here anymore (not sure if its chip shortage or just lack of uptake).
      01-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #48
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

Quote:
Yea I havent driven the offroad package, in fact I dont think they are even offering it here anymore (not sure if its chip shortage or just lack of uptake).
BMW did away with the off-road pkg completely, I think in 2019
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 03:49 PM   #49
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrazdan View Post
Quote:
BMW did away with the off-road pkg completely, I think in 2019
Off road was gone in 2021. It was still available on 2020 models but it deletes DHP and IAS ( with m brakes) which is hands down more useful than off-road. I wanted to add off road on my custom order until I found out what it deleted.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 07:17 PM   #50
Bandit67
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i; 2015 750i

I drove an S class for 5 years (and the new generation S) before getting a 2024 X7 M60i (w/22'' wheels). Also spent time driving the new 7 series.

While the X7 is comfortable (especially for an SUV)....the S Class and new 7 Series are on another level. Much better ride (and handling). I was very impressed with the new 7's ride/handling balance...both are just sublime! If you drive either....you will experience what I am talking about. Hard to make fair comparisons as these are different vehicle types....but the sedans are the true "flagships"...

The new X7 has also improved its ride quality from the pre-LCI...I am quite happy with the ride/handling balance.
Appreciate 1