BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Poor performance of Performance tires (Summer tires) on snow

12-29-2021, 07:57 AM   #45
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

What a silly argument.

I put Sottozero's on my 750i last year and was literally unstoppable during our worst storm. I did however destroy the plastic undercarriage cover in the process. While the car was in the shop getting that replaced I had a loaner X5 on all season Pirelli's. Even with the superior ride height I quickly got stuck in my yard trying to turn around.

To sum it up: superior driving skills make for safer winter driving. Good snow tires also make for safer winter driving.

If you live in a snowy climate and can afford it, get the snow tires. They'll last several seasons with the only cost being mounting/balancing each year.
      12-29-2021, 12:59 PM   #46
bono
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5d

If you got stuck with all season tires on X5 in your yard, this says a lot about the skills. I've been multiple times in blizzard conditions on all season tires in Tahoe for skiing. No problem whatsoever. Does not make sense for SF Bay area folks to put winter tires in winter season.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #47
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
If you got stuck with all season tires on X5 in your yard, this says a lot about the skills. I've been multiple times in blizzard conditions on all season tires in Tahoe for skiing. No problem whatsoever. Does not make sense for SF Bay area folks to put winter tires in winter season.
All these posts you're making says a lot about your intellect.

I've driven from Salt Lake City to Chicago in a 1966 Grand Prix with drum brakes while idiots like you were spun out and on fire in the ditch.

You know nothing of my driving skills or anyone else for that matter. It sounds to me like you're either a drunkard or severely mentally disabled. Maybe both!
      12-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #48
bono
Lieutenant
Rep

Still a lot to learn for you, it seems. Sometime learning curve is steep. Don't be discouraged!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 10:52 PM   #49
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
All these posts you're making says a lot about your intellect.

I've driven from Salt Lake City to Chicago in a 1966 Grand Prix with drum brakes while idiots like you were spun out and on fire in the ditch.

You know nothing of my driving skills or anyone else for that matter. It sounds to me like you're either a drunkard or severely mentally disabled. Maybe both!
Don't feed the troll, I went down that route, he is the best driver that has ever driven in snow in the history of the planet, and has skills!
      01-01-2022, 11:23 PM   #50
bono
Lieutenant
Rep

Don't be so dramatic! I understand that you need all baby sitting car features available these days (plus umbrella insurance coverage) to find courage to drive... but be assured that some people really know how to drive without all of this stuff. There are driving schools to improve skills... just saying...
Appreciate 0