BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Are 2023 X7s "Flying Off the Lot" (I.e., any discounts being had off MSRP?)

01-07-2023, 06:44 PM   #45
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
I don’t think you can tell that much from answers to these questions via a single data point. It’s all up to your relationship with the dealer. I have a very strong relationship with my Mercedes dealer and 10% MSRP discount even those days is a no brainer for me as I have been a client buying on annual basis from years and years. I am slowly building my relationship with my BMW dealer the same way and thus far I’ve had with them 5 transactions between trade-ins and buying from them. They tried to sell me on the 7-series sedan I saw a few days ago and without negotiating he’d mentioned he is willing to take 9K off it’s MSRP for a new order with is around 7%. My point is, it’s all about who you are dealing with and how much they value you as a solid client, which is why I always avoid getting into a fight or so with the dealer even if it means I have to digest few 100s for a repair one day or so. They scratched one of my cars as they sent it to car wash after service (swirl marks), and I just digested it to keep positive relationship with my service advisor (i’d bring it as a joke, but I would not go and ask them to cover cost of detailing it again or act angry. Your relationship with the dealer truly worth 10s of thousands but it takes YEARS to build a strong one. Another benefit of such relationship is they would let you keep the car for a day if you see a nice one on the lot (as if it’s a loaner), which I truly value. From time to time, my mercedes dealer calls me offering that he delivers a vehicle he has for me to test drive for a day or two (but I am worried he’d realize I switched my fleet to BMW, lol!). I hope one day my BMW dealer relationship would rise to a similar level soon.

Just trying to get us closer to comparing apples to apples. Someone’s 10% off MSRP is not the same as others if we don’t know additional details.

Extreme case, I could claim 20% off MSRP on my deal, but leave out the fact I got $10K less than KBB on my trade-in…as an example.

Or some are including incentives in the percentage off when others are not.

Agree it’s also location and relationship dependent. Anyone who has the time and is willing to travel should leverage a broker to buy since it looks like deals are to be had in the Bay Area, but not in the Midwest and so on.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 07:06 PM   #46
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
You’re going to have an extremely hard time finding a BMW with a V6.
Sorry was typing on my phone. i6 apparently isn't something it likes. Point remains the same, it doesn't seem like a lot of V8 cars.
Appreciate 1
NGT25730.00
      01-09-2023, 04:44 PM   #47
jeep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,18 M4,19 530e,08 e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimmy View Post
My was 98k msrp. with msport plus., bower wekins, 23 inch wheels, drive assistance etc etc.

they are still doing the discount now., any thing from 87k to 110k msrp are all 11percent off pm me I send you the broker info if you wish
Thanks, but we already bought it end of Dec for tax reasons. Didn't get any response from Stevens Creek, which was interesting. I guess with those discounts they must have been out of inventory.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 06:40 PM   #48
mtimmy
Rep
Drives: 2023 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep View Post
Thanks, but we already bought it end of Dec for tax reasons. Didn't get any response from Stevens Creek, which was interesting. I guess with those discounts they must have been out of inventory.
I don't think they advertise the discount... I used a broker,

Honesty car.com

Leon 6503808599
text him.,, I gave him heads up people from the forum will get intouch with him.. tell him timmy with the white bentley referred.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 05:00 PM   #49
misyel
Rep
Drives: Toyota Camry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimmy View Post
My was 98k msrp. with msport plus., bower wekins, 23 inch wheels, drive assistance etc etc.

they are still doing the discount now., any thing from 87k to 110k msrp are all 11percent off pm me I send you the broker info if you wish
Hello. Can you send me the information regarding the broker? Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0