BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Final C7 Vette Auctions For: $925,000.00

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
4648
Rep
2,492
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb Final C7 Vette Auctions For: $925,000.00

Hell.... There are tons of inventory sitting on dealers lots nationwide for under msrp!

https://speedsociety.com/last-corvet...ec&source=rich
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 04-23-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
3137
Rep
8,162
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Hell.... There are tons of inventory sitting on dealers lots nationwide for under msrp!

https://speedsociety.com/last-corvet...38;source=rich
Yeah, but this one will always be the last C7 and none of those will. It will probably have 7 miles on it in twenty years too, poor thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
WestRace
Major
512
Rep
1,045
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

If it's a Ford GT or something rare I would, but a Corvette ZR1 ... I mean it's just a Corvette at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
N54Yankee
Major
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1698
Rep
1,304
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

The 7th Generation is done, it has certainly served well and made a name for itself in its short rein. Great street cars from base, Z06, ZR1 to C7R. From back roads, drag strips to race tracks of the world they have taken the checkered from Lime Rock, Daytona and LeMans and many others.
Well done Corvette. I'll be taking a hard look at selling my C6 and climbing into a C8.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1963.50

      04-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Hell.... There are tons of inventory sitting on dealers lots nationwide for under msrp!

https://speedsociety.com/last-corvet...ec&source=rich
I had a customer that bought a $10k bottle of bourbon at an auction where the proceeds went to a charity. I asked him why as the bourbon wasn't worth anywhere close to this and he said he gives more than each year to the charity either way so this donation came with a great bottle of bourbon.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #6
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
4648
Rep
2,492
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yeah, but this one will always be the last C7 and none of those will. It will probably have 7 miles on it in twenty years too, poor thing.
Good point.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
hellrotm
Major General
2907
Rep
6,295
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

So no one actually read the article? Last C7 is a Z06 being sold on June 28th.
Appreciate 1
3798j383.50

      04-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #8
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
3137
Rep
8,162
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
So no one actually read the article? Last C7 is a Z06 being sold on June 28th.
This is the internet age, no, none of us read that. Just saw a made up number and ran with it. Oops.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #9
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
5710
Rep
13,623
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

This tells me the C8 will be mid-engined and reasonably priced.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #10
deansbimmer
deansbimmer's Avatar
United_States
2444
Rep
2,561
Posts

Drives: 2011 E93 M3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, Texas

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I had a customer that bought a $10k bottle of bourbon at an auction where the proceeds went to a charity. I asked him why as the bourbon wasn't worth anywhere close to this and he said he gives more than each year to the charity either way so this donation came with a great bottle of bourbon.
This.
The vette proceeds were for a charity, which skews its valuation as charity auctions always go higher than their face value, especially at Barrett Jackson with their well heeled buyers more than happy to take the tax write off.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1964
Rep
1,557
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The 7th Generation is done, it has certainly served well and made a name for itself in its short rein. Great street cars from base, Z06, ZR1 to C7R. From back roads, drag strips to race tracks of the world they have taken the checkered from Lime Rock, Daytona and LeMans and many others.
Well done Corvette. I'll be taking a hard look at selling my C6 and climbing into a C8.
+1.

Not quite sure if I will go straight to a C8....or a C7 optioned exactly like I want. I've got time and my current C6 serves it's purpose quite well when I take it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #12
N54Yankee
Major
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1698
Rep
1,304
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1.

Not quite sure if I will go straight to a C8....or a C7 optioned exactly like I want. I've got time and my current C6 serves it's purpose quite well when I take it out.
I'm in a similar boat. I'll definitely skip the C7 but lately giving the C8 more thought then I did a few months ago, as its gets closer it's getting more appealing.
Over the years I've owned my C6 I've set it up just the way I want it, Hp/tq, stereo, appearance, handling so I just might keep that but I'll be test driving an 8 when they arrive at dealers and make my decision.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1963.50

      04-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #13
shiv.nandak
Lieutenant
258
Rep
479
Posts

Drives: C7 Z06, 16' M4 6MT SO
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1.

Not quite sure if I will go straight to a C8....or a C7 optioned exactly like I want. I've got time and my current C6 serves it's purpose quite well when I take it out.
The C7 is a great car, i love my C7 Z06. The key with corvettes is to not buy them when they come out (or brand new). If you bought a C8 in the next few years, you are going to take a massive depreciation hit. Best bet is to get C7, enjoy it for a few years and then get a C8. Or keep your C6 for a while and then get a C8
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1963.50

      04-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #14
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1964
Rep
1,557
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv.nandak View Post
The C7 is a great car, i love my C7 Z06. The key with corvettes is to not buy them when they come out (or brand new). If you bought a C8 in the next few years, you are going to take a massive depreciation hit. Best bet is to get C7, enjoy it for a few years and then get a C8. Or keep your C6 for a while and then get a C8
That's what I have always done. Bought the previous Gen after the new one hits and been out for at least a year or two. Always get the best deals as everyone is so focused on getting into the latest and greatest!
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 11:17 PM   #15
SoCalKarl
Drive It Like You Stole It
74
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: BMW 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv.nandak View Post
The C7 is a great car, i love my C7 Z06. The key with corvettes is to not buy them when they come out (or brand new). If you bought a C8 in the next few years, you are going to take a massive depreciation hit. Best bet is to get C7, enjoy it for a few years and then get a C8. Or keep your C6 for a while and then get a C8
That's what I have always done. Bought the previous Gen after the new one hits and been out for at least a year or two. Always get the best deals as everyone is so focused on getting into the latest and greatest!
I'm working on my 5th Corvette and my current C7 has been the best I've owned. Like someone else said the C7 has been a great Vette and took the Vette marque to the next step. It will be enjoyed for years to come no matter what transpires with the C8.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1963.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST