BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Child car seats?

04-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #45
IamFODI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Anyone using Nuna Rava rear facing in 2-series?
TL;DR:

1. Should be doable
2. Not going to be pleasant for whoever sits in front
3. You probably won't find a good seat that fits better in a 2er

I used our Rava rear-facing in my old RX-8, which was comparable to a 2er in terms of front and rear legroom. With the Rava at max recline, there was JUST enough space for my 5' 6" wife to sit in front. Her knees were like an inch from the glovebox.

Getting the kid in and out was a bit of a process. Even with the RX-8's "freestyle" rear doors, the best way was through the other side of the vehicle. It would have been that much harder without rear doors.

The thing is, I don't think there's a more compact (lengthwise) convertible seat on the market. At least, there wasn't when we bought ours in late 2017. And it's hard to see how a seat could get any more compact without sacrificing the ability to accommodate older kids. So, I think it's safe to say the Rava is as good as it gets in this respect (and many others).
Appreciate 1
clee1982612.00

04-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #46
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Yeah I can already feel the pain getting the kid in and out without rear doors. Shopping for another car for over 6 months now
Appreciate 0