BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

07-31-2020, 09:39 AM   #881
AlwaysColdinMN
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Looks like I am right behind you. Estimated completion for me is 8/12. How long does it take for it to arrive at dealership (say in the midwest) after completion? 10-14 days?
Mine was 8 days.
Where are you huskerdoc? I was figuring about a week to get to Minneapolis from SC. First time ordering one so I don't have personal experience to draw from.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #882
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. So pretty much the same distance from S.C. as you. BTW, don't let those crazies in Minneapolis dare touch your new X7. Be careful!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #883
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Mine was 8 days.
Thanks - is this calendar days or business day?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 02:01 PM   #884
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Calendar days
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 03:00 PM   #885
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Change of plans...I'm going in today to go get it! I'm really thankful for all the great people on this forum as I've going through this journey.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2020, 04:32 PM   #886
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Change of plans...I'm going in today to go get it! I'm really thankful for all the great people on this forum as I've going through this journey.
Congrats! Looks like a great way to start the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:31 PM   #887
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

First Photos!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      07-31-2020, 09:14 PM   #888
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
First Photos!!!
Looks beautiful. I love it. Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:15 PM   #889
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
First Photos!!!
Looks great!! Enjoy in good health

I can't find mine. BMW says it arrived on Thursday at the dealership... dealer said it didn't arrive. No one can tell me the carrier... even spoke to a supervisor at BMW genius and they still won't tell me. Very frustrating since I am picking it up even closer than Nebraska to the plant so it should have arrived already. Don't know what to try next but sit here and just hope it's on its way.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #890
AlwaysColdinMN
Rep

Quote:
First Photos!!!
Fantastic. Looks awesome. I'm wishing I had the RSE but I think my 3 year old would pitch a fit if he couldn't manage the screen but his 7 year old sister could. Next time around when they are older, I guess... enjoy it! Glad your wait is over!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:28 PM   #891
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
First Photos!!!

I can't find mine. BMW says it arrived on Thursday at the dealership... dealer said it didn't arrive. No one can tell me the carrier... even spoke to a supervisor at BMW genius and they still won't tell me. Very frustrating since I am picking it up even closer than Nebraska to the plant so it should have arrived already. Don't know what to try next but sit here and just hope it's on its way.
Who are you talking to at the dealership? Your CA? When my X7 arrived at the dealership, my sales guy had no idea it was there. He told me, that it doesn't show up in their system until it has been received, PDI'd, and paperwork received. I saw it in their overflow lot way before he knew it was there. So it's possible that it is there just not in the system yet. Especially if they are a big dealer. Where are you buying it from exactly?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:57 PM   #892
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
Quote:
Quote:
First Photos!!!

Who are you talking to at the dealership? Your CA? When my X7 arrived at the dealership, my sales guy had no idea it was there. He told me, that it doesn't show up in their system until it has been received, PDI'd, and paperwork received. I saw it in their overflow lot way before he knew it was there. So it's possible that it is there just not in the system yet. Especially if they are a big dealer. Where are you buying it from exactly?
Spoke to the sales manager today and he's looking out for it he said and the minute it arrives he would let me know. He also has some other vehicles that are supposed to be arriving as well he said. I wish I knew the carriers name!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #893
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First Photos!!!

Spoke to the sales manager today and he's looking out for it he said and the minute it arrives he would let me know. He also has some other vehicles that are supposed to be arriving as well he said. I wish I knew the carriers name!
The dealership has the carrier information and they should be able to share that with you. It's not secret information. The carrier's name is printed on the window sticker for crying out loud.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 11:07 PM   #894
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

MSport Key Fob...nice touch.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
MomoM3987.00
Wild Blue3683.50
      08-01-2020, 02:41 AM   #895
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Exciting day. Woot!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 05:45 AM   #896
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MSport Key Fob...nice touch.
Even the key is special. I love the ///M stripes on the side of the key.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #897
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First Photos!!!

So BMW lost the vehicle for a while there. I hunted it down myself while BMW pointed fingers at the dealer and the dealer pointed fingers at BMW. Transport company screwed up paperwork also. I finally found where it was located and now it's back on track to be delivered. BMW is going to compensate me for my expenses and time lost also since they screwed up royally. I'll be collecting later this week.... hopefully
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #898
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
First Photos!!!

So BMW lost the vehicle for a while there. I hunted it down myself while BMW pointed fingers at the dealer and the dealer pointed fingers at BMW. Transport company screwed up paperwork also. I finally found where it was located and now it's back on track to be delivered. BMW is going to compensate me for my expenses and time lost also since they screwed up royally. I'll be collecting later this week.... hopefully
Oh wow. Sorry to hear. What a pain. Hope this doesn't repeat itself with me in a few weeks!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #899
AlwaysColdinMN
Rep

Well... my 2021 X7 estimated completion date is tomorrow... but still on dot 3 "today's the day"... been sitting there since 7/22... fingers crossed I wake up to awaiting carrier assignment tomorrow... this dot thing is lame. :
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #900
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysColdinMN View Post
Well... my 2021 X7 estimated completion date is tomorrow... but still on dot 3 "today's the day"... been sitting there since 7/22... fingers crossed I wake up to awaiting carrier assignment tomorrow... this dot thing is lame. :
It's stupid for sure. It'll all happen tomorrow bud.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:07 PM   #901
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
I want you to get your car ASAP too so you can tell us if you have Digital Car Key!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:51 AM   #902
AlwaysColdinMN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Quote:
I want you to get your car ASAP too so you can tell us if you have Digital Car Key!
Oh I'll let you know. Site still says dot 3 and technically supposed to complete today at this point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00