BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW X7 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

08-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #287
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous_nit View Post
Bmw lease comes with gap , I asked this question to the finance officer, when I was signing the papers.

I think most leases in US come with gap insurance included.
I was told by the dealer today that GAP insurance is included however I'm still following up on this because I do not see GAP mentioned anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #288
nitrous_nit
Private
Rep
Drives: audi q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
I was told by the dealer today that GAP insurance is included however I'm still following up on this because I do not see GAP mentioned anywhere.
Oh, please keep us updated as to what you find out, now I am curious too. TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #289
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

I do have a slight update. I was told that when I take delivery the finance person will cover GAP insurance with me. I don’t have a delivery date yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #290
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
We are in the market for a new GLS but an odd '19 X7 build caught my eye.

X40 loaded to $94k, yet it doesn't have the Premium or Dynamic Handling Package. We would only use SUV's for errands and such (maybe 5k miles a year) so I would only really miss the HUD.

Was a cancelled custom build; they must have used it as a general demo afterwards (1800 miles on it).

To me this is a used car so the pricing should reflect that.

Without any miles I would have considered it for 11% + incentives but what are your thoughts on the miles deduction?

Thanks for any input!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #291
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

I think you can do better than 11% especially since it has no premium package.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #292
mawk6211
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 SL550, 2019 Volvo S60

Yes it will

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
What is CCA? I'm new to the forum - just started considering the X7 last week when my 2014 RRS bit the dust...
BMW Car Club of America. You'll need to pay for the 3 year to get the rebate.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that you have to have been a member for at least 1 year to get the discount. Getting the CCA membership now won't help with the deal now.[/QUOTE]

I just enrolled. It's a new offer and you'll get immediately. In fact, you can actually get the membership up to 15 days after the purchase and still the the $1000 discount. Thanks to the board for this awesome tip!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #293
mawk6211
Registered
Rep

2020 X7 in Miami, FL. What's wrong with the numbers?

I have placed an order through a local dealer on a new 2020 X7 and the car is currently in production. I have not yet signed any paperwork with the dealer but I have been given the fallowing deal:

MSRP: $79095
Savings: $4545
Adjusted Price: $74550
PVT Tag: $10
Tire and Wheel Insurance: $2542 (I will remove this before signing, left it in now for comparison)
Total Purchase: 77102
Taxable Fees: 393
Dealer Fee: 899
Tax: 177
Non-Tax Fees: 1217 (acquisition?)
Down Payment: $0
They are quoting me $1095p/m (plus tax) and $2914 Drive-Off on a 12K/36 lease.
This is inclusive of the Loyalty Discount.

Using the Lease Calculator (57% res. and 0.00145 m.f. and $1250 loyalty) I get: $1030p/m (plus tax) with $2552 drive-off

Not sure if this is good deal, given that others are easily getting 8% off, but I’m also having problems matching their numbers to my leasing calculator. Why are their numbers higher? Is the dealer pulling a fast one by increasing the MF? Any ideas as to what else might be throwing the numbers off?

Last edited by mawk6211; 08-21-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #294
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
We are in the market for a new GLS but an odd '19 X7 build caught my eye.

X40 loaded to $94k, yet it doesn't have the Premium or Dynamic Handling Package. We would only use SUV's for errands and such (maybe 5k miles a year) so I would only really miss the HUD.

Was a cancelled custom build; they must have used it as a general demo afterwards (1800 miles on it).

To me this is a used car so the pricing should reflect that.

Without any miles I would have considered it for 11% + incentives but what are your thoughts on the miles deduction?

Thanks for any input!
Has the car been on the lot for a while? If so, I'd ask for 16% before incentives.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #295
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawk6211 View Post
I have placed an order through a local dealer on a new 2020 X7 and the car is currently in production. I have not yet signed any paperwork with the dealer but I have been given the fallowing deal:

MSRP: $79095
Savings: $4545
Adjusted Price: $74550
PVT Tag: $10
Tire and Wheel Insurance: $2542 (I will remove this before signing, left it in now for comparison)
Total Purchase: 77102
Taxable Fees: 393
Dealer Fee: 899
Tax: 177
Non-Tax Fees: 1217 (acquisition?)
Down Payment: $0
They are quoting me $1095p/m (plus tax) and $2914 Drive-Off on a 12K/36 lease.
This is inclusive of the Loyalty Discount.

Using the Lease Calculator (57% res. and 0.00145 m.f. and $1250 loyalty) I get: $1030p/m (plus tax) with $2552 drive-off

Not sure if this is good deal, given that others are easily getting 8% off, but I'm also having problems matching their numbers to my leasing calculator. Why are their numbers higher? Is the dealer pulling a fast one by increasing the MF? Any ideas as to what else might be throwing the numbers off?
Ask them to tell you the final/effective cap price, and what they rolled into it. You may as well ask what MF they're using; dealers are allowed to mark it up by a max (IIRC) of .0004.

The discount you're getting seems pretty abysmal. Did you shop around?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:31 AM   #296
mawk6211
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
Ask them to tell you the final/effective cap price, and what they rolled into it. You may as well ask what MF they're using; dealers are allowed to make it up by a max (IIRC) of .0004.

The discount you're getting seems pretty abysmal. Did you shop around?
Yes, but not enough! But I will this weekend. This car is special-ordered so I figured they'd be less willing to negotiate. Actually just checked, and it's "awaiting carrier assignment." I better move quick. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #297
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, but not enough! But I will this weekend. This car is special-ordered so I figured they'd be less willing to negotiate. Actually just checked, and it's "awaiting carrier assignment." I better move quick. Thank you!
Almost 6% off a new build isn’t abysmal honestly. I got 8 off mine but it was also 110k msrp. But I think that’s only bc I know people at the dealership. I asked around and some of the dealerships offered 3-4 off but nothing more. May depend on your area and their allocations as well though.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #298
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Has the car been on the lot for a while? If so, I'd ask for 16% before incentives.
Agree completely! Dealer came back with a ridiculous offer. Invoice and full markup on MF.
Guess they like to make the car a permanent dealer fixture. ROTFL

I'll get the new 2020 GLS custom-build for invoice with base MF so unless I find another X7 nearby, it'll be a GLS
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #299
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Quote:
Almost 6% off a new build isn’t abysmal honestly. I got 8 off mine but it was also 110k msrp. But I think that’s only bc I know people at the dealership. I asked around and some of the dealerships offered 3-4 off but nothing more. May depend on your area and their allocations as well though.
True, it might be a decent deal (discount wise) for that area. Only way to find out is shopping around.

This is highly personal, but I've no problems driving for a few hours, if need be, to save a few $k.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #300
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agree completely! Dealer came back with a ridiculous offer. Invoice and full markup on MF.

I'll get the new 2020 GLS custom-build for invoice with base MF so unless I find another X7 nearby, it'll be a GLS
That's wild. Yeah, they're basically telling you they're not ready to sell the car. Sometimes I'd love to know the backstory, if there is one, when a dealer offers a laughable quote.

Before going GLS, maybe try shopping around a bit more, including increasing your search radius a bit? You should be able to do well on a 19 right now with 20s landing on the lots.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #301
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Good luck with that lol. I have a friend who is the new car sales manager at MB he laughed at me when I told him I want 8% off on a new GLS580. I was ready to order if the timing was right as we had a gls before and found it to be a really good suv. He told me for every cheapskate like me, there’s 3-4 willing to pay sticker on a new redesigned model. He even had me down for their first allocation on a 580. I think that car will be hard to get a decent discount on for a while. It’s hard to pit the x7 against it as well because although I like both vehicles, and prefer the sportier look of the x7, I’ve found that the x7 styling is either loved or hated, while the Benz much more subdued look may appeal to a broader market and hence stronger sales for them, which could help those looking for a deal on the x7.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #302
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Good luck with that lol. I have a friend who is the new car sales manager at MB he laughed at me when I told him I want 8% off on a new GLS580. I was ready to order if the timing was right as we had a gls before and found it to be a really good suv. He told me for every cheapskate like me, there’s 3-4 willing to pay sticker on a new redesigned model. He even had me down for their first allocation on a 580. I think that car will be hard to get a decent discount on for a while. It’s hard to pit the x7 against it as well because although I like both vehicles, and prefer the sportier look of the x7, I’ve found that the x7 styling is either loved or hated, while the Benz much more subdued look may appeal to a broader market and hence stronger sales for them, which could help those looking for a deal on the x7.
So he’s going to lose a sales because he can get others to pay full price? I’m not sure how good at math he is but to me that means he loses 1 sale now and possibly more in the future just because he’s a tight ass. I don’t buy from guys like that.

You should be ashamed of yourself for wanting a discount on a 100k. What’s wrong with you?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #303
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with that lol. I have a friend who is the new car sales manager at MB he laughed at me when I told him I want 8% off on a new GLS580. I was ready to order if the timing was right as we had a gls before and found it to be a really good suv. He told me for every cheapskate like me, there's 3-4 willing to pay sticker on a new redesigned model. He even had me down for their first allocation on a 580. I think that car will be hard to get a decent discount on for a while. It's hard to pit the x7 against it as well because although I like both vehicles, and prefer the sportier look of the x7, I've found that the x7 styling is either loved or hated, while the Benz much more subdued look may appeal to a broader market and hence stronger sales for them, which could help those looking for a deal on the x7.
I guess the "he's my friend" is one sided here lol

As mentioned in a post before mine, it sounds like he employs the strategy of maxing out profit per vehicle, all other considerations be damned. Seems short sighted to me for a business like this but it's his paycheck on the line.

See if he'll disclose how Benz's dealer incentive program works. I suspect he can still make a good chunk of $ even at an invoice sale.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #304
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
So he’s going to lose a sales because he can get others to pay full price? I’m not sure how good at math he is but to me that means he loses 1 sale now and possibly more in the future just because he’s a tight ass. I don’t buy from guys like that.

You should be ashamed of yourself for wanting a discount on a 100k. What’s wrong with you?
I think the difference here is the limited supply. Why sell the 1 or 2 580 models you have coming for a discount when you have some sucker willing to pay a premium for first dibs on one? Now if he had a bunch of them in stock and took this stance, that would be different. He tried selling me a 19 g wagon when they first came out before it hit the lot and was willing to discount it and that car now is one people are paying over msrp to get, so I trust his word. He just knows I’m a tight ass and won’t pay close to sticker for anything. Hell, he even offered me a new s560 for almost 20% off.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #305
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I guess the "he's my friend" is one sided here lol

As mentioned in a post before mine, it sounds like he employs the strategy of maxing out profit per vehicle, all other considerations be damned. Seems short sighted to me for a business like this but it's his paycheck on the line.

See if he'll disclose how Benz's dealer incentive program works. I suspect he can still make a good chunk of $ even at an invoice sale.
I think in any business the preferred way to make money is one in which you don’t have to work as hard to get to the same bottom line. Can’t fault him for working smarter and not harder lol
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #306
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
I think in any business the preferred way to make money is one in which you don’t have to work as hard to get to the same bottom line. Can’t fault him for working smarter and not harder lol
Wouldn’t it be easier to work with the buyer then to tell them pay up or GTFO?

You’d not only sell a car but create a relationship that could lead to more buys from the same person or word of mouth through said buyer.

Last edited by BMWBear; 08-22-2019 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #307
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:

You’d not only sell a car but create a relationship that could lead to more buys from the same person or word of mouth through said buyer.
I agree to a certain extent but I also tell people daily to pay up or GTFO lol. At a certain point you target certain buyers or in my case, patients. My business model is one of quality and great customer service, not cheap prices and quantity. Some dealerships I think go this route as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #308
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I agree to a certain extent but I also tell people daily to pay up or GTFO lol. At a certain point you target certain buyers or in my case, patients. My business model is one of quality and great customer service, not cheap prices and quantity. Some dealerships I think go this route as well.
The difference is you're selling a service/skill to your patients, which is going to be a very different thing than selling the exact same product a competitor down the block is. If your local Best Buy was doing this, you'd tell them to FO and shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 0