BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

08-31-2019, 09:39 PM   #1101
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You guys see franco columbo died, golden era God.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #1102
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Sad. Born watching alot of his Tribute videos they've been posting on YouTube
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #1103
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Yeah....he was someone I grew up liking. Short guy with an awesome build. That split in his pecs was crazy. Strong as he looked.

Call me old school, but I prefer that classic 70's look vs. What it's become now.

I think the last great ones were Haney (who grew up in my hometown).....and Dorian the first 2 years he won. After that he must have jumped on insulin and gh hard as he blew up quick......then the age of the "mass monsters" started. That was around 1995....and it just went south in my opinion.
      09-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #1104
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

yup! never knew body builders can be pregnant while competing. but same here I like the 70's look like Frank Zane. Franco for a short guy was strong. see that video where he lifted that small car to get out of the tight parking spot
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #1105
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Did 300 x 5 for front squats today, used the rogue safety bar spun backwards so not sure it counts. Cant support with wrists or shoulders the conventional way.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-02-2019, 02:15 AM   #1106
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did 300 x 5 for front squats today, used the rogue safety bar spun backwards so not sure it counts. Cant support wiunless th wrists or shoulders the conventional way.
As long as you got it, nothing wrong with any bar you use.

Once you get 275# and above and going deep, it's impressive unless you're on a Smith Machine. And I can't see how some squat on that as a conventional squat is very uncomfortable.

I think it works better for doing front squats.
      09-02-2019, 02:26 AM   #1107
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So yesterday.....we decided to grab something quick to eat/take-home as we had been out on a drive.

I stopped by this Subway that they know me at as I get a foot long grilled chicken with "triple meat". The woman that owns it says she can't see how I eat it all in one sitting.

My wife wanted to try one of those new "No Meat" Whoppers. I asked her how she thought it tasted, and she said it did taste like a regular burger.

I told her that's probably because they cooked it on the same grill that the. used to cook the real beef for the lunch crowd we avoided.
      09-02-2019, 06:53 AM   #1108
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So yesterday.....we decided to grab something quick to eat/take-home as we had been out on a drive.

I stopped by this Subway that they know me at as I get a foot long grilled chicken with "triple meat". The woman that owns it says she can't see how I eat it all in one sitting.

My wife wanted to try one of those new "No Meat" Whoppers. I asked her how she thought it tasted, and she said it did taste like a regular burger.

I told her that's probably because they cooked it on the same grill that the. used to cook the real beef for the lunch crowd we avoided.
my buddy does that at Subway all the time. he usually orders 2 footlong subs for himself and the people always dismisses the wife next to him since they think both subs are for them and than the employee will look to the next customer and she'll be like "hey, what about me?"

I bet that's true about the no meat burger. they cook that right on top of the same grill they cook the meat on lol!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #1109
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As long as you got it, nothing wrong with any bar you use.

Once you get 275# and above and going deep, it's impressive unless you're on a Smith Machine. And I can't see how some squat on that as a conventional squat is very uncomfortable.

I think it works better for doing front squats.
What are you saying? Its impressive unless it was on smith but you like Smith best for fronts.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #1110
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What are you saying? Its impressive unless it was on smith but you like Smith best for fronts.
Kind of....only because 275+ on a Smith isn't really 275lbs. I've been in a ton of gyms with smith machines.....and almost each one is counterbalanced different.....it could compensate for 25lbs+. I was close gripping 3 plates on a Smith Machine long before I could with a free bar.

As for the other part.....I said I couldnt see how people could squat heavy comfortably because it locks you into a certain position.....well me it does. Maybe it's a height thing.

However....with front squats I find it useful sometimes because it balances the weight for you and the potential for injury while trying to go real heavy on front squats with a free bar is a lot higher

I don't have any hate against them and think they are valuable tools, but each person should evaluate for themselves where and when to use them.
      09-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #1111
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah not my favorite move and felt bit wobbly cuz dont do them often. Especially that heavy.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #1112
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

well that sux! I totally forgot it's Labor Day and by the time I get off work the gym will be closed
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #1113
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah not my favorite move and felt bit wobbly cuz dont do them often. Especially that heavy.
Hell.....that is even more impressive for that weight if you don't train it often. Since I train the big 3 lifts, each 6-8 week program focuses on pushing only 1 to the extreme while maintaining the other two. Then it swaps out.

I found out a long time ago if you aren't specifically focusing and training the lift you are trying to improve, it's hard to progress with it. You may hold your previous best or slightly below it, but when it's not the focal point of my programming, it's hard to progress with it once you hit certain weights.

But I don't sweat it. I know that if my current focus is the deadlift.....all my other lifts involving the back will get better. So there is a "trickle down" effect!
      09-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #1114
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
well that sux! I totally forgot it's Labor Day and by the time I get off work the gym will be closed
That sucks. I know how feels to miss a workout you've been looking forward to. We broke down and took the day off. But my wife wanted me to wait for her so we went around 9:30am. I found out that is when the really old crowd (65+) go in.

Most are there to socialize but I can't blame them. It may be the only part of the day they get to do that. But it made getting my workout in harder.

I've been a member of my gym since 1991. The owner gave me a key about 15 years ago, then they went to a key fob system last year.

So it's basically 24 hours for everyone now.

Since coming off of vacation, I've been taking Sunday's off. Before that, I was hitting 7 days a week for months.
      09-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #1115
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hell.....that is even more impressive for that weight if you don't train it often. Since I train the big 3 lifts, each 6-8 week program focuses on pushing only 1 to the extreme while maintaining the other two. Then it swaps out.

I found out a long time ago if you aren't specifically focusing and training the lift you are trying to improve, it's hard to progress with it. You may hold your previous best or slightly below it, but when it's not the focal point of my programming, it's hard to progress with it once you hit certain weights.

But I don't sweat it. I know that if my current focus is the deadlift.....all my other lifts involving the back will get better. So there is a "trickle down" effect!
Yeah cant tell you last time I did them. Probably done then dozen times ever. So that means my leg progress is trickling down to other moves. Did deads after today after long layoff. 405x3 felt heavier than expected but hard leg day yesterday has something to do with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #1116
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Toughest day in a week for the intermittent fasting. Got up about 7. Had a cup of decaf then outside. Finished the redo of the cedar chest, then washed my truck. Stomach starting to growl. Hit the pool about 9:30 and a growler under water is even louder
By the time I finished I swallowed enough pool to quiet the beast. Leaving I weighed in at 195. I'm sure that's not as good as I want because measured morning/fasting
      09-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #1117
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Felt good this evening at the gym. Had a good chest/tri workout. I will day ever since watching Seth Feroce I've really been concentrating more on upper chest development. I haven't used the flat bench for almost 3 weeks. Mostly incline dumbells and barbell presses along with incline chest flyes.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #1118
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I have been prioritizing upper chest for a while now also. Hard for me with my shoulder issues. Have enough dysfunction cant get the feel I want.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 07:25 AM   #1119
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Lots of upper chest work here as well. My chest is naturally larger than my arms/shoulders so I'll be honest it often gets skipped out of rotation if I don't have time to get it in. Strength never seems to dwindle when I miss it usually can get the 100lb dbs 6-8 on incline which I feel is decent at my weight.

Hit back/biceps Monday with my little brother since I was home for the holiday weekend. Sibling rivalry has kept me pushing these last couple months. He is starting to get pretty big and I can't let him beat me haha. He got into lifting this past year. I remember my first year of lifting, the gains were insane. Miss those days. I envy my brothers metabolism, he just focuses on eating as much as he can where I need to be conscious of that not to gain excess weight. But I've really been focusing on gaining mass the last month here to keep me on top.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 06:10 AM   #1120
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Lots of upper chest work here as well. My chest is naturally larger than my arms/shoulders so I'll be honest it often gets skipped out of rotation if I don't have time to get it in. Strength never seems to dwindle when I miss it usually can get the 100lb dbs 6-8 on incline which I feel is decent at my weight.

Hit back/biceps Monday with my little brother since I was home for the holiday weekend. Sibling rivalry has kept me pushing these last couple months. He is starting to get pretty big and I can't let him beat me haha. He got into lifting this past year. I remember my first year of lifting, the gains were insane. Miss those days. I envy my brothers metabolism, he just focuses on eating as much as he can where I need to be conscious of that not to gain excess weight. But I've really been focusing on gaining mass the last month here to keep me on top.
Since coming back from vacation...I'm learning all over again how nice it is to eat at surplus calories!
      09-05-2019, 06:22 AM   #1121
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Since coming back from vacation...I'm learning all over again how nice it is to eat at surplus calories!
Haha it's been a blast, although my fiance is constantly rolling her eyes and saying "you literally just ate". I'm starving all the time I can't help it!

In the middle of a quick week cut though since I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. A couple weeks of bulking followed by a week or so of cutting is nice though, get to see more of the results!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-05-2019, 06:42 AM   #1122
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha it's been a blast, although my fiance is constantly rolling her eyes and saying "you literally just ate". I'm starving all the time I can't help it!

In the middle of a quick week cut though since I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. A couple weeks of bulking followed by a week or so of cutting is nice though, get to see more of the results!
My buddy who works out also is hungry every hour. Annoying sometimes as were in the middle of like a movie, driving somewhere, working, or right after we just ate an hour ago this mofo is like "Dude, I'm starving! Can we go through a drive thru or something?" I'm like "Bitch, we just literally ate at a restaurant an hour ago and forked $100 bill!" he is 6.3 275lb so I dunno if that has anything to do with it
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00