BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Captain seats - enough room for golden retriever in between?

12-09-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
bono
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5d

Captain seats - enough room for golden retriever in between?

Hi Guys,

I love my E70 X5d, I really do. But time comes to think about replacement. I prefer X5 over X7. However, I have a golden retriever, which at some point of time refused to travel in the cargo compartment. She is just terrified for some reason and we do not want to stress her.

Currently, she is traveling in the car resting half of the body on the armrest between the driver and passenger. This is not perfect solution, but she is less stressed.

I thought that maybe X7 with captain seats would be a solution - do you think that a 80 lbs dog could travel in between the captain seats?

Maybe I will buy X7 for a dog...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
Cabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X740i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
It would be tight, but she could fit, dogs can fit through incredibly tight spaces if they want to. My dogs impossibly wiggle under our fence on a regular basis and you would never think they could fit by looking at them.... not sure that's helpful, but I would say yes
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
do you think that a 80 lbs dog could travel in between the captain seats?
Possibly... or it wouldn't be that difficult a hop over the armrests for a dog. Also, I know some folks have removed the center arm rests on the captain's chairs, specifically to allow space to pass between the seats to the back, so that would be an option too.
Appreciate 0