E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Ramp Recommendations

04-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
jwebb335xi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 XI

Ramp Recommendations

Hey guys,

I typically put my car on jack stands (and a jack) and slide tires underneath, etc.. when working under the car. That said, i'm doing some suspension work and it will be best to have the suspension loaded with wheels on when tightening certain items with bushings. Think front control arm bushing at chassis, for example.

I need a good set of ramps. I drive an 08 335xi (stock height) but for the Bilstein HDs, which, arguably, raise clearance 1/4 inch.

What are the better, reasonably priced ramp options?

Thanks!

MHD / Wedge / 93 Octane/ xHP / FMIC / Inlets / Catted DPs / CP / DVs
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
niquehawk5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ive always just thrown a jack or bottle jack under the rear control arm or carefully on the front spindle or rotor until it took the load off the jack stand before we tightened the control arms fully. Ramps are a good alternative and possibly safer but didnt want to buy ramps
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
justrokkit
Private
Rep
Drives: SGM E91 xDrive

If you're really set on ramps, I'd recommend Race Ramps. These are made of very firm, very low compression foam, so you don't ever have to worry about a ramp buckling or flexing. They're pricier than most other ramps, but you can use these on any car under the weight limit, which I think is 3,000 lbs. That should be good for up to a 5,000 lb car (before you would want to do some math + physics).
Appreciate 0