E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Where to go to install DPs in PDX area

06-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Where to go to install DPs in PDX area

The title says it all. I just want to find a reputable place with relatively reasonable price to get my DPs installed when I get them.

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone? So whoever has DPs did the installs themselves? There's gotta be a shop that can install DPs, and not any shop, they've got to be reputable.

Thanks.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
I've visited this numerous times, but have never replied because I only know a shop in WA, they installed mine, Steeltorque's, and Digital.James's and some others.. if you ever have any business up here, shoot me a PM and I can give you the info.

btw, you might want to try BFS regional.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
I've visited this numerous times, but have never replied because I only know a shop in WA, they installed mine, Steeltorque's, and Digital.James's and some others.. if you ever have any business up here, shoot me a PM and I can give you the info.

btw, you might want to try BFS regional.
Which shop in WA? I might be heading up that way if Shiv and team Vishnu decides to visit the NW........

What 's the BFS regional?

Thanks.

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Which shop in WA? I might be heading up that way if Shiv and team Vishnu decides to visit the NW........

What 's the BFS regional?

Thanks.
Extreme Auto Parts & Accessories
16215 Smokey Point Blvd
Marysville, Washington, 98271
Phone: (360)653-7400

They will quote you around $150 for Dp install, which is about $60 per hour of labor.. Its a relatively quick job since they know what they are doing..

heres a convo I was having with another member on here through PM, it should answer just how much they are worth
Quote:
They will take care of you, I don't know if you read my thread but when I got my DP's installed, the tech actually mixed up my o2 sensors when he was installing my dp's.. My car started to misfire and it was throwing out codes left and right... (after I had paid and was getting ready to leave). I immediately got out and told him what was happening, he grabbed the code reader and we tried to resolve it from there, both of us couldn't understand what was going on (why this was happening). He told me to pull the car back into the garage so that he cold fix it. After the car kept misfiring, we thought that he might have mixed uped the o2 sensors, he jacked it up, checked for leaks etc etc, we got on the shops computer and got on this forum to see which o2 sensors plugged into which dp (front or right, they are color codded, gray and black). anyways we found the thread referring to the o2 sensors, and with the help of some members and their quick responses, we figured out which one should be plugged into which dp.. he made the change and double checked for any other mistakes, again leaks etc etc. put the car back together and rolled it down the ramp.. He drove it around the parking lot to see if the car was ok. he grabbed the code reader again and cleared the codes, gave the keys to me and apologized for getting the sensors mixed up. He also told me that if anything happened, that I could come back and he would try and fix it..Hes a very stand up guy (forgot his name, but he is the only one who knows how to work on dp's hes done it more than 5 times so hes well experienced). I forgot to mention but when he was tring to find out what was wrong with my car, his boss was calling him but he refused to leave untill he fixed my car. , I would have even paid $250 for this kind of service after this experience...
Peter,
BFS regional is the bimmerforums, Pacific Northwest section, they have a more active regional section then E90post. Most if not ALL of our meets have been a hybrid of BFS, E90post, DTM, and E46 fanatics. Check it out!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=164
Appreciate 0