BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum LCI spotted on my way to take kid to school

03-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #1
goobies818
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

LCI spotted on my way to take kid to school

Fun fact…I've noticed over the last several years in my area (13 or so) a lot of various test mules follow the same route at approximately the same time in the morning. Mostly I've seen almost every iteration of BMW group vehicles travel down this road along with a few American models here and there

This time my timing was perfect as I was driving along side what almost certainly appears to be a X7 LCI (most of the time I found myself traveling in opposite directions)

Some observations

Looks like the front headlights were split as noted in some other photos and renders

Rear light design is different that current version.

Couldn't get a good shot of the interior…but it did look like it had the flat dual screen dash like the iX

PS: please don't throw shade at me for bumping "It's a small world" just took the kid to Disneyland and he has that song on a loop in his head. I'll usually play whatever is his favorite song of the day on the drive there much like how Dwight had to blast heavy metal in his car before a sales call in The Office so he's pumped and ready to conquer kindergarten
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
roxxor1162.50
MystroX56319.00
xlover2198.50
      03-15-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

This is the second batch of LCI photos I've seen where the rear windows are now camo-covered... I'll be interested to see what the rear area changes look like and if they give it the new Theater Screen option. Between potentially that, the dash change to iDrive 8, and the exterior refresh, it's shaping up to be quite a number of changes for a LCI.
Appreciate 1
1230vani660.00
      03-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

We're getting close.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #4
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

I'm praying that the new screen gets better integrated into the dash vs. "floating" with the rear peg arms reinforcing it. I think that looks fine in the iX, but it will be quite the departure for me given how well everything is currently integrated into the dash in my X7.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
goobies818
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
I'm praying that the new screen gets better integrated into the dash vs. "floating" with the rear peg arms reinforcing it. I think that looks fine in the iX, but it will be quite the departure for me given how well everything is currently integrated into the dash in my X7.
yeah, unfortunately it was very hard to see through my tinted windows and the angle of the sun as well.

The mule driver was also cognizant of me wanting to snap photos and we played a bit of a cat and mouse game where he slowed to 35mph on a 40 speed limit zone to create some separation between us.

However, what little i could see was that it looked like it was a single, long panel. They also had material covering much of the center console and dash area as well.

i'm with you that i'm also not too much of a fan of the floating panel look of the iX. I think if BMW made the panel more akin to MBZ's S or GLE classes...i'd be onboard
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 03:34 PM   #6
rccarps2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 XM and 2023 X7 40i

Interesting that there is a M badge on the front fender. That would be new for the US market (if it actually carries through).

Probably just on this mule and not likely for the US variants.

Common on M-Sport foreign (non-US) versions.
      04-03-2023, 11:40 AM   #7
SimpleBMWPower:)
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobies818 View Post
Fun fact…I've noticed over the last several years in my area (13 or so) a lot of various test mules follow the same route at approximately the same time in the morning. Mostly I've seen almost every iteration of BMW group vehicles travel down this road along with a few American models here and there

This time my timing was perfect as I was driving along side what almost certainly appears to be a X7 LCI (most of the time I found myself traveling in opposite directions)

Some observations

Looks like the front headlights were split as noted in some other photos and renders

Rear light design is different that current version.

Couldn't get a good shot of the interior…but it did look like it had the flat dual screen dash like the iX

PS: please don't throw shade at me for bumping "It's a small world" just took the kid to Disneyland and he has that song on a loop in his head. I'll usually play whatever is his favorite song of the day on the drive there much like how Dwight had to blast heavy metal in his car before a sales call in The Office so he's pumped and ready to conquer kindergarten
It's funny that manufacturers are testing new models near school blocks. After all, every day parents take their children to school and back, and many see new items even before their official debut. When I read essays on literary genres read more I was surprised why writers and journalists of well-known publications are criticized for leaking information, but auto journalists are never criticized for such oversights . But on the other hand, only because of this we see new items before their official presentations.

Last edited by SimpleBMWPower:); 04-03-2023 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0