forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Front vent/Fan speed Question

11-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
Kbky2408
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

Front vent/Fan speed Question

I’m trying to figure out if something that I’m doing is wrong or if there is a problem which I need to take to the dealer. When I put my heat to max fan speed not much air comes out of the front vents. The second row puts out a lot of air compared to the front when at full speed. . When I test out the AC at full fan speed the front vents puts out the air speed that I would expect. Am I doing something wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #2
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbky2408 View Post
I’m trying to figure out if something that I’m doing is wrong or if there is a problem which I need to take to the dealer. When I put my heat to max fan speed not much air comes out of the front vents. The second row puts out a lot of air compared to the front when at full speed. . When I test out the AC at full fan speed the front vents puts out the air speed that I would expect. Am I doing something wrong ?
There is a setting where you can adjust the air intensity. Also a setting on how much heat when heater is ON or how much Cool air when AC is on to come out of Passenger or Dirver side vents.

I found instructions for one, but i know you can adjust from iDrive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
Kbky2408
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve adjusted the fan speed both automatically and manually to no avail. The problem is when I put the heat on high fan speed not much air is coming from the front vents. The second row pumps out a lot of air at high speed while the front doesn’t. Now if I keep the fan on high and drop the temp to the lowest degree then the front vents pickup and produce more air. It’s odd to me why the front produces more air flow at lower temps but when on high temps the air flow is reduced while the second rows is blasting air at any temperature.
Appreciate 0