X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Loss of apps/services

11-19-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
jeffslugs
Rep
Drives: 40i X7

Hello, I have a new 2021 X7 and have posted about it before, but I'm wondering if anyone else has these issues. Last week I posted about how after the update, I lost all my apps and services. I problem solved with the genius and they couldn't help, then had to drive to the dealer.

They had to do a complete module reset on the head unit and then update apps and services in iDrive after that. It worked for a week. Today I went to the gym and then after coming home, my connected apps were gone on the phone. I went into the car and updated apps and services as recommended and everything is gone again. No apple play, no apps and services on the 'installed apps' screen. I've tried resetting iDrive and again updating apps and services to no avail. Thoughts on this? What is the potential issue? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back. TIA

Jeff

Got it fixed BMW connect was able to do something on their end? But all good again
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Russamur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslugs View Post
Hello, I have a new 2021 X7 and have posted about it before, but I'm wondering if anyone else has these issues. Last week I posted about how after the update, I lost all my apps and services. I problem solved with the genius and they couldn't help, then had to drive to the dealer.

They had to do a complete module reset on the head unit and then update apps and services in iDrive after that. It worked for a week. Today I went to the gym and then after coming home, my connected apps were gone on the phone. I went into the car and updated apps and services as recommended and everything is gone again. No apple play, no apps and services on the 'installed apps' screen. I've tried resetting iDrive and again updating apps and services to no avail. Thoughts on this? What is the potential issue? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back. TIA

Jeff

Got it fixed BMW connect was able to do something on their end? But all good again
Happens to me (happened twice in 6 months of ownership). Once was fixed through a hard reset and upgrade (don't remember the procedure, but was on the phone with genius and took about 30 minutes). Second time was fixed by holding volume button for 30 seconds and that reset everything and got it working.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Could be coincidence but I was able to recreate the issue a couple of times. We have 2 X7's (mine and her's). After we brought her X7 home, I added her car to my BMW Connected app as another car and as secondary driver. Within a day or so, the apps disappeared on the vehicle and also from the app on both my phone and her's. Called BMW and did the reset of the iDrive, remove app from phone, reinstall, update apps and services on iDrive, rinse and repeat like 10 times (no kidding. It was becoming a joke between my wife and I while we talked to BMW). I finally removed her vehicle from my BMW Connected app on my phone. Within 24 hours her car was updated and working fine. Waited a day or 2 and then added her car back to my phone. Took about 1-2 days and problem resurfaced. Removed her car from my phone and within 24 hours it's working again. I'm not sure what the root cause is .. could be difference in year, trim level, options and subscription levels or just having 2 cars on same app.

Do either of you have multiple BMW's or secondary vehicles added to your app?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #4
jeffslugs
Rep
Drives: 40i X7

Thanks for the information. No, just one 2021 X7 x40i on the app. The most recent time they 'opened a ticket' for me and gave me a number. They said someone from BMW would be calling me back but it could take 7-10 days. I haven't heard anything new as of yet and from the app, the services are all missing.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 10:50 AM   #5
Dave7119
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslugs View Post

Jeff

Please help me how do I get my apps back after a system reset. I have no installed app on my idrive 7 2024 x4. No bmw messages, no mybmw I can't use mybmw on my phone because I can't get code from bmw message. Please someone tell me in detail on how to fix the problem.
Appreciate 0