BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Am I getting a good deal? Need to know asap

03-21-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Am I getting a good deal? Need to know asap

Hi all -

I’m getting an offer on a 2024 XM as we speak, red label, frozen black with red interior all options, MSRP is 191K, 3 years, 10k per year, 25K down, $2,150 per month all in.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 07:15 PM   #2
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

There should be a $9900 incentive available on the XM right now. I am getting 13% off a custom order XM base, I would think you should have some movement available on the price. Plus $25k down on a lease is a lot.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2024, 07:39 PM   #3
Kaz109
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi, BMW , Ford

No, don’t pay MSRP, a better deal can be had. Like 7% off
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 07:57 PM   #4
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz109 View Post
No, don’t pay MSRP, a better deal can be had. Like 7% off
I think I misspoke, I’m definitely not paying MSRP. MSRP is 191K for the red label frozen black, and I got 18.5K off MSRP. Roughly 10% off.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 07:58 PM   #5
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
There should be a $9900 incentive available on the XM right now. I am getting 13% off a custom order XM base, I would think you should have some movement available on the price. Plus $25k down on a lease is a lot.
It’s a frozen black red label XM, so they are rare and more expensive. 191K MSRP and I got 10% off, so roughly 19K total between $9,900 incentive plus another 9K savings.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:18 PM   #6
Bornagain73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 IX 50

I just got 14% off a base model priced around $171,000. And the $9900 incentive.
Appreciate 1
NoPII150.50
      03-21-2024, 08:23 PM   #7
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
I just picked up my frozen black XM Label and got about $23,000 off MSRP with the incentives and dealer discount.

I also got "buy rate" on the lease.

Admittedly I've bought a *lot* of cars from this dealership, and referred a lot of other business - and I believe I got a strong deal (I saw the internal numbers, and with the trucking fee to bring the car up from another dealership I believe they made a small loss).

I'd never put any cap cost reduction on a lease. Nor would I buy this car outright or finance it given the unknown residual value.

1. Lease it to get the best incentives
2. Put nothing down
3. Push hard for "buy rate" (non marked up) financing - they make a lot on the financing markup
4. Sink your extra cash into the MSDs (7 x your monthly payment) which'll have a dramatic impact on the interest rate. That's also not money at risk, and is yours when you end the lease.

I will add that if you're getting over $20k off MSRP on the Label, you're not doing too badly IMHO. So you're not far off - don't get too excited yet though! ;p
Appreciate 1
XM Label915.00
      03-21-2024, 08:31 PM   #8
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
It’s a frozen black red label XM, so they are rare and more expensive. 191K MSRP and I got 10% off, so roughly 19K total between $9,900 incentive plus another 9K savings.
No, they are not man don’t let them run game on you, you wanted advice, and now you’re getting it. you’re overpaying. You can get a better deal elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:48 PM   #9
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, they are not man don’t let them run game on you, you wanted advice, and now you’re getting it. you’re overpaying. You can get a better deal elsewhere.
I can’t find another frozen black red label anywhere in California … I’ve called every dealership. What are my options? I threatened to walk out they said ok.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:50 PM   #10
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPII View Post
I just picked up my frozen black XM Label and got about $23,000 off MSRP with the incentives and dealer discount.

I also got "buy rate" on the lease.

Admittedly I've bought a *lot* of cars from this dealership, and referred a lot of other business - and I believe I got a strong deal (I saw the internal numbers, and with the trucking fee to bring the car up from another dealership I believe they made a small loss).

I'd never put any cap cost reduction on a lease. Nor would I buy this car outright or finance it given the unknown residual value.

1. Lease it to get the best incentives
2. Put nothing down
3. Push hard for "buy rate" (non marked up) financing - they make a lot on the financing markup
4. Sink your extra cash into the MSDs (7 x your monthly payment) which'll have a dramatic impact on the interest rate. That's also not money at risk, and is yours when you end the lease.

I will add that if you're getting over $20k off MSRP on the Label, you're not doing too badly IMHO. So you're not far off - don't get too excited yet though! ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornagain73 View Post
I just got 14% off a base model priced around $171,000. And the $9900 incentive.
You got $9,900 off and 14% off on top? So you got 34K off MSRP??? How?? They would lose a ton on that.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:57 PM   #11
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
I concur with NoPII

NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE!!!

If anything happens (God forbid) and the car gets totaled out by insurance you will lose all that cash. MSD’s are the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 09:23 PM   #12
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledphut View Post
I concur with NoPII

NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE!!!

If anything happens (God forbid) and the car gets totaled out by insurance you will lose all that cash. MSD’s are the way to go.
I am not familiar with MSDs… how does that work? So I get the cash thing, I do… but, without that cash down my payment will be super high, which I am not ok with.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 09:56 PM   #13
Kaz109
Private
Rep

I could be wrong but don’t you lose the MSD if the vehicle gets in a collision?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 10:12 PM   #14
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good advice… I found a better deal, $1950 vs $2150, 25K off MSRP, so roughly 13.5% off.

Appreciate 1
      03-21-2024, 10:32 PM   #15
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
They’re not giving you a deal at all! As far as I know, I took delivery of the very first one in the USA and I still got 13K off MSRP plus the $7500 lease incentive - And that was during the first week when no one wanted to discount any of these.

Don’t let the dealer confuse you with the BMW $7500 lease incentive or $9900 purchase incentive. Those figures have absolutely nothing to do with the actual sales price. Dealers have a habit of combining that into their discount making it sound like you’re getting a better deal, when in reality you’re getting any incentives directly from BMW via the dealer.

Couple of other side notes. BMW has dropped the word red from the name, so it’s just XM Label now. The labels only come configured one way on the inside with the exception of the B&W sound system and the M drivers package options. Those are the two only two options you can buy on this vehicle. The only other differences are the exterior paint and wheel selection. In other words, every single label will look exactly the same on the inside. There are no configurable changes that can be made.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 12:56 AM   #16
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
They’re not giving you a deal at all! As far as I know, I took delivery of the very first one in the USA and I still got 13K off MSRP plus the $7500 lease incentive - And that was during the first week when no one wanted to discount any of these.

Don’t let the dealer confuse you with the BMW $7500 lease incentive or $9900 purchase incentive. Those figures have absolutely nothing to do with the actual sales price. Dealers have a habit of combining that into their discount making it sound like you’re getting a better deal, when in reality you’re getting any incentives directly from BMW via the dealer.

Couple of other side notes. BMW has dropped the word red from the name, so it’s just XM Label now. The labels only come configured one way on the inside with the exception of the B&W sound system and the M drivers package options. Those are the two only two options you can buy on this vehicle. The only other differences are the exterior paint and wheel selection. In other words, every single label will look exactly the same on the inside. There are no configurable changes that can be made.
Yes I’m aware, I just like red label more. There is a big difference between the base and label, almost 100HP? Plus I like the interior and exterior accents a lot more. The frozen black with red is awesome.

Not sure if you saw my update but I got better deal, 25K off MSRP, $1950 a month. Any way you cut it, the numbers don’t lie, it’s a good deal. A 191K MSRP car at Porsche, Audi, Mercedes etc would be $2800-3000 a month w 25K down, and I spoke to 5 dealerships, brokers, and did the math, 25K off / 13.5% off MSRP is a good deal.

Appreciate 1
      03-22-2024, 05:34 AM   #17
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Yes I’m aware, I just like red label more. There is a big difference between the base and label, almost 100HP? Plus I like the interior and exterior accents a lot more. The frozen black with red is awesome.

Not sure if you saw my update but I got better deal, 25K off MSRP, $1950 a month. Any way you cut it, the numbers don’t lie, it’s a good deal. A 191K MSRP car at Porsche, Audi, Mercedes etc would be $2800-3000 a month w 25K down, and I spoke to 5 dealerships, brokers, and did the math, 25K off / 13.5% off MSRP is a good deal.
You do you, ask for advice then convince us all it’s a good deal…

25K down and 25K off, so a 50K cap cost reduction and you are still paying $1950 per month, dealer making it up in the MF..
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2024, 07:10 AM   #18
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I think you missed the point as I never mentioned anything about the base model. The word “Red” has been dropped from XM Label due to a lawsuit with Johnny Walker red label. There is no XM Label Red any longer and the name was changed before it went into production in early October. Look at your window sticker and it will not have the word “Red” in the name.

And putting down 25K on a lease is not very wise because if the vehicle gets totallled in a month, those funds will never be recovered. You’re getting 25K off, but I’m guarantee you that the dealer is including the $9900 purchase incentive or $7500 lease incentive in that number which has absolutely nothing to do with the actual sales price. They do this to make it look better when in actuality everyone that buys one of these qualifies for those incentives. I would highly reconsider how much you’re putting down. With a lease, it’s generally advisable to put down as little as possible.

Here is my window sticker with the same MSRP in addtion to a screenshot from the BMW configurator tool. Note that the name does NOT have the word ‘“Red” in it. I urge you to play around the configurator tool so you can see what I’m trying to explain. You can also order the XM Label with or without the red trim for the same cost. There are no interior options that can be changed - every Label will look exactly the same on the inside except the speaker grills if B&W was optioned.

Good luck with whatever you decide…
Attached Images

Last edited by VirtualGuitars; 03-22-2024 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 09:18 AM   #19
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:

A great deal isnt just discount off MSRP price. If you tell me what the money factor is I can tell you if you are getting a good deal. Also, DO NOT put down any money on a lease to get a lower monthly payment. This not a smart financial move. Smarter option is put the money into MSDs to lower money factor.
Appreciate 3
NoPII150.50
TXSchnee1316.50
      03-22-2024, 09:24 AM   #20
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Label View Post
A great deal isnt just discount off MSRP price. If you tell me what the money factor is I can tell you if you are getting a good deal. Also, DO NOT put down any money on a lease to get a lower monthly payment. This not a smart financial move
I just love it when people come to owner forums (where we know more about these vehicles than the dealerships do), ask for our opinions, and then challenge all of our responses.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:41 AM   #21
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:
I could be wrong but don’t you lose the MSD if the vehicle gets in a collision?
No, insurance will pay for repair. If totaled or stollen during lease, GAP insurance should cover difference between market value and buyout. Then you get your MSD back.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:43 AM   #22
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Label View Post
No, insurance will pay for repair. If totaled or stollen during lease, GAP insurance should cover difference between market value and buyout. Then you get your MSD back.
FYI, GAP coverage is already included with a BMW FS lease, so there’s no need to have that on your auto insurance policy. That’s why they don’t require it during the financing phase of the purchase.
Appreciate 1