BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Unbiased Savagegeese X7 comparison - LCI vs Pre-LCI

03-04-2023, 01:57 PM   #89
Tyriondo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 40d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
The flip side is if you don’t like the new look, you may now consider a X5M or more conventional BMW look and keep all 7 series off the table.
No, thanks. I'll pass.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 03:24 PM   #90
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
Exactly my point. If the pre-LCI does it automatically anyway, then why the need for all the HVAC buttons. I don’t recall my 2021 being as good as my 2023 with the auto settings though. Have to agree on the recirc, but it always goes back to auto anyway and the filters are the best I’ve seen in a vehicle so no real need very often to turn it on.

And for favorites, I use the steering wheel buttons and the HUD.

I would say as the system/software gets better and most things are automatic, it will result in a safer drive as less distractions. Even the buttons cause you to take your eyes off the road sometimes.

Not saying it’s perfect now and some buttons make sense. It works for me, cleans up the dash, and overall makes for a better experience when I drive the vehicle.
Fair enough. But those times when I'd find myself behind a diesel truck and searching for recirc while inhaling fumes was the most aggravating part. Second most was messing with the equalizer - huge POA to even find it. On my X and Z, have a preset number. Bam - equalizer. Bam - weather. Bam - apple carplay. Not anymore

Funny thing is, I have a model Y with 0 buttons. But I just expect an ergonomically perfect experience in our X5, and the preLCI does that. The Z4 does that. The M3 LCI/2023 didn't do that - I really didn't feel it was a step forward for BMW. My opinion is probably the minority, and I'll learn to deal with the new system... it just is a vast departure for historicals for BMW. Maybe we could get the recirc back on the steering wheel like the good ol' days!
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      03-05-2023, 02:58 PM   #91
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagegeese View Post

Looks are subjective, period. We say this about Porsche often, they could take a dump on a box and put a Porsche badge on it and people would buy it.
First-gen Panamera is evidence of that.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 09:03 AM   #92
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
In his "best cars of 2022" video, the (pre-LCI) X3, X5, and X7 were his choices for best small/midsize/large SUV. I think he might have also chosen some of the BMW sedans for other categories. And he also chose the iX for best sound system. And while he hated on iDrive 7 in his initial ~2019 reviews, he eventually considered it to be the best infotainment system in the industry.

So I don't think it's fair to claim that he's biased against the BMW brand itself. He personally cares about reliability, maintainability, repairability, usability, and long term value, so he touches on that in his reviews (especially in the iX video). But you can ignore those comments if those factors aren't relevant to you; the rest of his review content seems pretty balanced and reasonable to me.
Sir noted; however, I never said "he's biased against the BMW brand itself". Also, I care "about reliability, maintainability, repairability, usability, and long term value" just as much as the next guy or gal! I was more so commenting on his style of reviews and low energy as a person presenting information to capture and hold someone's attention,...my attention, and also to make me want to come back to one's channel again,...and again,...and yet again. I don't get that with his style. His vids carries the same 'tone' from start to end! Now, is he doing a good job, I think it's fair to say that he's doing a great job just by his YT views/subs, etc.

In addition, there are many YouTube channels that I checkout on a daily to weekly basis,...and I've since learned to use the "Fast Forward" to speed through the parts that mean nothing to me. That said, please be mindful that I'm not 'attacking' the Savage Geese's YT channel at all,...I'm just voicing my opinion on his style of presenting information. I can't be the only person that has visited his channel and have recognized this. Lastly, when it comes to "Clicking" on someone's YT content, I do so solely by choice. Also, I've never left a negative comment in his Comments,...and for the more most part any YouTubers channel,...as I know how time consuming it must be in developing content for the masses, etc. Even though such effort is indeed how some earn a living, etc. So, I have a hard rule of giving the Creator a "Like" for at least 2 reasons - 1) for their effort and 2) to show that I've already watched a particular video.

So, it's all good...

Edit: Allow me to say for the record,...I've gained valuable BMW related information for The SG's channel,...from the presenter or presenters. So, please don't think that I have "hate" for him or his channel. Fact is, The SG is a very smart guy,...and he knows what is and is not working for his channel and his audience,...and that really what should matter most to him. There is criticism (bad and good) and constructive criticism,...all criticism isn't per se', "bad criticism"!

Last edited by JMD; 03-06-2023 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Enhanced!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 06:23 AM   #93
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
That’s what I would do. Forget this “newer is better” idea because manufacturers are moving in a different direction with too many outside influences like future emissions standard and transitional styling. They are trying to build a better vehicle for the government and not a better vehicle long term for the customer.
We’ve decided we need the third row so going to look at used low mileage X7s now and purchase BMW extended warranty. There’s a few good options out there with low mileage (~25K km) and towing package that come in less than a new X5.
      03-08-2023, 07:20 AM   #94
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Definitely hard to say this is unbiased given he just bought an M50i. Previously, he owned an XC90 T8, and he gave a raving review of it when he got it as well as other modern Volvos. While he hasn't disclosed the issues, but there were some reliability issues with that car, so he sold it and now bashes that car and T8 powertrain as overly complicated and a horrible idea. Since then, reviews of modern Volvos have all turned negative.

Long story short, everyone has a bias, and someone with the old or new is going to have some unconscious bias, it's how we work.

That said, I like these guys, and he did do an overall good job, but calling it Unbiased is unwarranted.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6MT, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4 6MT, 2008 BMW Z4MC 6MT, 2008 BMW M3 6MT, 2009 BMW X5 35d
Appreciate 1