BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Need more Driver Legroom (Customization)

12-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #23
Stunz G.
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Garage List
can you tell?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #24
cavalierx7
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 X7

I could, just breaking balls. Curious thing though..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #25
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Did you try raising the sitting position? From the pictures it looks like you are all the way down, which pushes your legs below knee further forward under the dash.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #26
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsobol View Post
Did you try raising the sitting position? From the pictures it looks like you are all the way down, which pushes your legs below knee further forward under the dash.
it all the way back and tilted down. if I raise it will pull the up and closer to the pedals.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #27
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Does anyone over 6'3 have pics of them sitting in the front row? I would love to see there leg positions and the amount of room they have.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #28
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunz G. View Post
Does anyone over 6'3 have pics of them sitting in the front row? I would love to see there leg positions and the amount of room they have.
I'm 6'3", with the majority of my height in my legs, and have found the X7 to be plenty good for legroom.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:44 PM   #29
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
I'm 6'3", with the majority of my height in my legs, and have found the X7 to be plenty good for legroom.
any pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 10:14 PM   #30
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
any pics?
Not from the various test drives. Car coming in a month!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #31
bradythedog12
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i, 2014 X6 50i

I’ll try to take a few a little later this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #32
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
this is how my legs fit in the x7. very uncomfortable driving on the highway. stop and go city streets i can relax my legs with auto hold by slipping my feet under the pedals. I checked the track and seat is all the way back.
Any better with the seat also all the way up or all the way down?

I'm not a very tall guy, but I'm still 8" taller than my wife, and with our M3 and in my normal position vs hers it was quite odd, but I sat with the seat further forward, but much further down than her.

It was actually a pain when we switched because the memory seats do the front-to-back adjustment before the up-and-down adjustment. After she was driving, it would push forward into my position first, to the point that my leg would hit, then push down to get me relief.

I would say that I feel I can't quite sit as low as I want to in the X7, but definitely low enough that if it was both all the way down and all the way back, I can't even touch the pedals. I was able to get much lower in the X6

Last edited by unfoundnemo; 01-25-2021 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #33
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
this is how my legs fit in the x7. very uncomfortable driving on the highway. stop and go city streets i can relax my legs with auto hold by slipping my feet under the pedals. I checked the track and seat is all the way back.

I'm not a very tall guy, but I'm still 8" taller than my wife, and with our M3 and in my normal position vs hers it was quite odd, but I sat with the seat further forward, but much further down than her.

It was actually a pain when we switched because the memory seats do the front-to-back adjustment before the up-and-down adjustment. After she was driving, it would push forward into my position first, to the point that my leg would hit, then push down to get me relief.

I would say that I feel I can't quite sit as low as I want to in the X7, but definitely low enough that if it was both all the way down and all the way back, I can't even touch the pedals. I was able to get much lower in the X6
yea my lady did say the x7 does not tilt down as much as her 330xi. and its unbelievable i am more comfortable in her 330xi than I am in my x7. specs also have the 330xi at 42.0 inches in the front row vs 39.8 inches in the x7. who would believe? numbers don't lie.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #34
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yea my lady did say the x7 does not tilt down as much as her 330xi. and its unbelievable i am more comfortable in her 330xi than I am in my x7. specs also have the 330xi at 42.0 inches in the front row vs 39.8 inches in the x7. who would believe? numbers don't lie.
For what it's worth - I had a loaner the other day: a 2021 with the luxury seating package. I noticed that the legroom was significantly less than in my 2020 with merino leather (but not luxury seating package). I tried everything - moving it up and down / diagonally to try and get more space but it just wouldn't get better. I'm not particularly tall either - 6'1. I was glad to get back in my vehicle.

Hopefully you figured your situation out, but my only guess is that the ventilation and message features take up some extra room and therefore limit space.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 10:17 AM   #35
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
For what it's worth - I had a loaner the other day: a 2021 with the luxury seating package. I noticed that the legroom was significantly less than in my 2020 with merino leather (but not luxury seating package). I tried everything - moving it up and down / diagonally to try and get more space but it just wouldn't get better. I'm not particularly tall either - 6'1. I was glad to get back in my vehicle.

Hopefully you figured your situation out, but my only guess is that the ventilation and message features take up some extra room and therefore limit space.
Really? My 2021 M50i is fully loaded w/luxury package and all. I'm 6'3", majority of my height in my legs. I've very comfortable driving the X7, and even move my seat up a bit for normal driving. On my massive road trip, I was quite comfortable driving for hours and hours, and when needed, slid my seat back even further during highway driving to stretch the legs out.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 10:51 AM   #36
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:

While not technically accurate, it's unfortunate you were unable to find a comfortable seating position in the loaner vehicle.

456 Multi-contour seating without and with massage and ventilation are identical in design. The internals are the only differences where the packaging for the massage air bladders and fans for ventilation don't change seating dimensions to where it would impact or reduce front legroom.

Last edited by Auricom; 04-18-2021 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #37
MoistureFarmerBBY
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. I'm 6'5" and just ordered a 2021 with the luxury seating package. I've found the X7 has tons of room up front and even move the seat forward a bit to achieve a more comfortable driving position.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #38
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoistureFarmerBBY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. I'm 6'5" and just ordered a 2021 with the luxury seating package. I've found the X7 has tons of room up front and even move the seat forward a bit to achieve a more comfortable driving position.
not sure how you fit. I'm 6'2 and I struggled for a couple months. nevertheless, I had the seat rails customed... now I easily have app 46.0 inches of pure legroom. unbelievable difference when my lady drives and I go on the passenger side. now I drive all the time. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #39
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:

While not technically accurate, it's unfortunate you were unable to find a comfortable seating position in the loaner vehicle.

456 Multi-contour seating without and with massage and ventilation are identical in design. The internals are the only differences where the packaging for the massage air bladders and fans for ventilation don't change seating dimensions to where it would impact or reduce front legroom.
I believe you; but something was off.

The seat would not go back nearly as much as mine and I felt noticeably cramped in the loaner. It was uncomfortable to drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #40
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoistureFarmerBBY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ha that works; glad you sorted it out.

When I read your thread a few months ago; I thought you were crazy cause I, like the others that have just posted, feel like I have more then enough room and plenty to spare. Maybe it was assembly error or something but the seats would not go back as far. Anyways, really odd.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #41
pchansen
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 X7 50i13%C2%92 X328i

I would love to see some pics of that mod. I'm 6'5" with a 35" inseam. I have gobs of legroom. It's why I bought the car. Mine is a '19 with the luxury seating package. Weird. Hell, the X7 has more headroom than my '19 F-350 SuperCrew with moonroof.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #42
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchansen View Post
I would love to see some pics of that mod. I'm 6'5" with a 35" inseam. I have gobs of legroom. It's why I bought the car. Mine is a '19 with the luxury seating package. Weird. Hell, the X7 has more headroom than my '19 F-350 SuperCrew with moonroof.
seats were lifted out then reinforced by two steel bars, while being re-installed about 5 inches to the rear. you can see by the cap placed in the front seat to cover the original holes.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #43
Stunz G.
Private
Rep

Garage List
Reduced rear legroom. which is not needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 05:00 PM   #44
coastal2
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchansen View Post
Same here: 6'5" and my X7 has more headroom than my 4runner did. The whole reason I even looked at the X7 is I found out after sitting in my wife's X5 that I could sit up completely straight and not hit the ceiling. I can't remember ever being able to do that before in any car.
Appreciate 0