BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2021 Escalade vs. X7

12-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #45
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ninja View Post
why would someone buy an american made trash unless you are a rapper or something? since you grow up poor and your grand daddy used to own one of those boats.
Given your 5 posts and profile I'm going to assume this is nothing but an idiotic troll post.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #46
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Was on a dealership street due to servicing my 7 series, so I decided to stop by and look at the Escalade and Yukon. Unfortunately, the dealerships were all sold out of both but they did have a sold unit up front

Dunno, this looks pretty mean to me

We’ll be in the market for a bigger car soon. I keep trying to convince myself that the x7 is the way to go, but I’m very turned off by the lack of cargo space

I think a big consideration will be leasing numbers. GM vehicles lease terribly, Escalade dealer mentioned drive offs plus 1600/mo plus tax for ‘lades right now

Speaking of deal shopping, what will you be doing with that m50 TAG prez 🤣
Attached Images

Last edited by mpop302; 12-15-2020 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      01-04-2021, 08:00 AM   #47
TAG Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC / 2023 Alpina XB7

Just saw this post, I will be selling the m50i, it's a 2020 Artic Gray over Black leather. Fully optioned except for hitch it was a $119K sticker and I added $5000 worth of tint, paint protection film, ceramic coating etc. I haven't talked firm numbers on trade yet but it's ballpark at around $90k. PM me if you have any interest, I can let it go whenever I find a willing buyer
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:23 AM   #48
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

I had the chance to look at a 2021 Escalade “Sport”. It gave me a reason to get out of the house and go for a drive. The particular Escalade was heavily optioned with RES and in the $102k msrp. I looked at it because of being educated and a friend was dead serious in the vehicle and asked me to look at it. I don’t know where to begin. The only reason I could imagine a X7 owner cross shopping this would be because they need more cargo room??
I drive a Ram Power Wagon as my daily and I would say the Escalade feels a lot closer in build quality to my Ram than my BMW. The second row captain chairs are not in the same zip code in luxury and quality feel as my BMW. I can go down the list item for item on where the Escalade is not on a $100k level. The GM level of plastic in the Cadillac feels exactly the same as in a GM pickup and its everywhere. Door handles and buttons feel like a Chevy and that is the take away I had with the entire vehicle. Leather is very average and poor compared to Merino. The plastic chrome trim in the headrest, plastic manual levers for the second row captains chair all feel like a mid level GM vehicle. I will go out and even say a Ram 1500 Limited trim pick-up is far more luxurious in its execution. Not to get into the driving difference but a 6.2L with only 420hp?? How is that possible to have a engine this big and only yield 420hp? I am a realist and can keep in perspective what different level of vehicles are built like. I know my Power Wagon was not built to feel as luxurious as even a X3. Keeping all that as a base line I would say if you really need more room than the X7 and are looking at the Escalade, go for a mid tier Yukon and call it a day. The build quality is the same and so are the materials used. I could tell the difference between a X7 to a Escalade even if you blindfolded me and told me to just sit inside and feel the quality of the buttons, materials, and controls. The Escalade is very good for a $50k-$65k vehicle as the tech and luxury is very similar to a top level trim GM 1/2 ton pickup but horrific quality for a $100k+ vehicle. IMO it makes a base level BMW X7 40i at $80k look like a bargain.

Last edited by MystroX5; 01-04-2021 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:56 PM   #49
TAG Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC / 2023 Alpina XB7

I'm not cross shopping , I already own the top trim level x7 (prior to alpina) and agree its an excellent vehicle. But not for hauling 6 people and stuff! So now I want the nicest thing I can get that will do that and the answer is the escalade esv. I don't care how much it costs, and I know the build quality is not going to be the same as the BMW and the driving experience certainly won't be. But when 6 of us head out for a weekend at least we can bring a carry on suitcase instead of a gym bag or backpack that has to be shoved in the wheel storage compartment under the rear floor.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      01-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #50
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

I think the purpose of this thread was met, a comparison of the two offerings. If your requirement is space, the Escalade is a better choice.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:38 AM   #51
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 19 330I, 19 z06 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ninja View Post
why would someone buy an american made trash unless you are a rapper or something? since you grow up poor and your grand daddy used to own one of those boats.
Dude you have no class. Not to mention you’re wrong. Get you’re nose out of the dam air. You’re just another person like the rest of us. The Escalade happens to be a very well made and beautiful vehicle.
Appreciate 2
      01-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #52
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

The escalade looks so much better on my screen than in person. They did finally nail the exterior design, and the dash is a great piece of work, but looking down it all sort of falls apart for a vehicle priced over 100k. I'm just going to throw a nice box on the roof when things are back open and I'm trundling 6 people up and down the state.

Maybe the offroady yukon makes more sense... but even then not really. It seems like all the offerings of that chassis are about 20-30k overpriced for what you're getting.
      01-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #53
rgrovr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

If you need this much space once in a while for irregular trips or on vacation, rent the vehicle.

If you want a luxury vehicle with tons of space for frequent long trips or vacations, that's why I have my Tiffin Motorhome.

If you need a daily driver for a family of 7 - then get an Escalade.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #54
FredGarvin
Rep
Drives: GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG Prez View Post
....I've rented a few Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition and Armada's before buying the X7, and I would say the 3rd row in those are not any more comfortable than the X7, in fact they are less comfortable/roomy.
You're referring to pre-2021 GM products. The '21 MY are far different, especially 3rd row comfort.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #55
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
If you need this much space once in a while for irregular trips or on vacation, rent the vehicle.
Especially a GM product.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2021, 06:29 AM   #56
Afishinado
Registered
Rep
Drives: Tahoe, Wrangler, Mustanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Drove the new Yukon when deciding between Denali, x5, and x7. All could be the right choice for a person. All have some pros/cons. The gm vehicle is just huge inside and out....I don't need that much space, so ruled it out. Still a cool mode of transportation, though. X7 was great too. Ended up with x5, solely due to size. I need nothing bigger. If wanted something slightly larger, would go x7. If wanted something ginormous, would go Denali.
Doing due diligence...... I am looking at buying something different than my Tahoe (driving my 3rd). Until 3 years ago I was doing about 35k a year, now retired and down to less than 10k. Opened doors for this next car, leasing being one thing. At 70, one starts to think about how many more new cars have I got left? I don’t need a large vehicle anymore, but I like it! Used to tow a 22’ boat back’n’forth NJ-FL, don’t do that anymore, but now I drive FL-SD, rest of the time car mostly sits in the garage. Now, it’s a X7, GLS 450, Tahoe Z71, or a Lincoln, Aviator.....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #57
FredGarvin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishinado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Drove the new Yukon when deciding between Denali, x5, and x7. All could be the right choice for a person. All have some pros/cons. The gm vehicle is just huge inside and out....I don't need that much space, so ruled it out. Still a cool mode of transportation, though. X7 was great too. Ended up with x5, solely due to size. I need nothing bigger. If wanted something slightly larger, would go x7. If wanted something ginormous, would go Denali.
Doing due diligence...... I am looking at buying something different than my Tahoe (driving my 3rd). Until 3 years ago I was doing about 35k a year, now retired and down to less than 10k. Opened doors for this next car, leasing being one thing. At 70, one starts to think about how many more new cars have I got left? I don't need a large vehicle anymore, but I like it! Used to tow a 22' boat back'n'forth NJ-FL, don't do that anymore, but now I drive FL-SD, rest of the time car mostly sits in the garage. Now, it's a X7, GLS 450, Tahoe Z71, or a Lincoln, Aviator.....
I'm more or less in the same situation - retired, long drives twice a year to enjoy the snowbird's life. I've added the new Escalade to my list instead of the Tahoe due to it's optional and excellent SuperCruise. It's a little sad to say, but as you age you begin to think about medical situations that might hit you while driving - at least you should.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 04:32 AM   #58
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredGarvin View Post
I'm more or less in the same situation - retired, long drives twice a year to enjoy the snowbird's life. I've added the new Escalade to my list instead of the Tahoe due to it's optional and excellent SuperCruise. It's a little sad to say, but as you age you begin to think about medical situations that might hit you while driving - at least you should.
Male prostitute?

Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #59
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Male prostitute?

Did you ever get a X7 or do you just enjoy trolling this forum?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 02:24 PM   #60
FredGarvin
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Male prostitute?

Only when representing Great Lakes Feed & Grain in the quad cities area...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 03:08 PM   #61
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Especially a GM product.
There’s nothing wrong with gm product. I’ve owned alot of gm product over the years as well as bmw and other brands. All cars have issues nothing is immune. Stop being such nose in the air type of dude.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      01-16-2021, 07:58 PM   #62
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Male prostitute?

Only when representing Great Lakes Feed & Grain in the quad cities area...
Funny shit...I used to live near the Quad Cities and I too am cross shopping X7 and new-gen Escalade as I have owned a shit load of GM's and Bimmers. Was told 5-6 months for a new ESV with Super Cruise last week by my local Caddy dealer in Iowa. M50i is 3-4 months for order. I'm going to wait until MY22 order banks open for both since delivery times are so extended. I also make a pilgrimage to SWFL twice a year as you do. Glad I live in two Republican states. 👍😎
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #63
jasheaer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
Funny shit...I used to live near the Quad Cities and I too am cross shopping X7 and new-gen Escalade as I have owned a shit load of GM's and Bimmers. Was told 5-6 months for a new ESV with Super Cruise last week by my local Caddy dealer in Iowa. M50i is 3-4 months for order. I'm going to wait until MY22 order banks open for both since delivery times are so extended. I also make a pilgrimage to SWFL twice a year as you do. Glad I live in two Republican states. 👍😎
Ha! Make that 3 QC folks in the X7 forum

My m50i was only a 6 week order FYI, ordered just before Christmas and build date in the 21st of this month.

Jay
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:47 AM   #64
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
There’s nothing wrong with gm product. I’ve owned alot of gm product over the years as well as bmw and other brands. All cars have issues nothing is immune. Stop being such nose in the air type of dude.
I had two different buy-backs (Tahoe LTZ & Yukon) so my experience was quite different.

I did not imply or state other Marques are trouble-free but from my experience the GM products I owned were bought-back along with a Volvo XC90. Both have horrific dealer network as well.

Stop assuming what people are. There is passage in the Talmud which states "We see things as we are not as they are."

Last edited by iconoclast; 01-17-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #65
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I had two different buy-backs (Yukon) so my experience was quite different.
Stop assuming what people are. There is passage in the Talmud which states "We see things as we are not as they are."
Understandable. Also understand that when you spend enough years on various forums of all different makes and manufacturers you will hear of and see many situations like yours. People lemon law/factory buy back cars all the time. Again no manufacturer is immune on the planet. Not saying it’s fun I know it sucks but it’s just a numbers game and sometimes you pull the short straw. Sometimes twice. That’s life.

I’m in the car business 30 years I’ve seen it all and I’ve worked for a ton of different manufacturers so I have a very unique perspective. Take my word for it.

Just one caveat some makes and or models are more prone to problems than others for sure. Take rr’s. They are very prone to issues across the board. I know this from various customers as well as forums over the years. Gm full size trucks ie: Tahoe Yukon Escalade don’t usually fit into this category. They see generally pretty reliable and take a pounding.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:01 AM   #66
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I have owned more than my fair share of cars and suv and from various Marques. I am quite familiar with troublesome models or teething problems on new production. I do not judge a brand by one instance alone but as a whole. Sales, service, corporate and the dealer network in general. Tesla on the flips is pure rubbish from any and every angle. Hyped up beyond belief. That is one product that attracts many "nose in the air types" simply because of the way the vehicle was marketed and inserted in the media.
Appreciate 0