BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2021 Escalade vs. X7

01-17-2021, 10:25 AM   #67
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 19 330I, 19 z06 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I have owned more than my fair share of cars and suv and from various Marques. I am quite familiar with troublesome models or teething problems on new production. I do not judge a brand by one instance alone but as a whole. Sales, service, corporate and the dealer network in general. Tesla on the flips is pure rubbish from any and every angle. Hyped up beyond belief. That is one product that attracts many "nose in the air types" simply because of the way the vehicle was marketed and inserted in the media.
I agree with this 100 percent. Tesla is the most over hyped over priced product on the market. Their product is hardly what I would call world class in terms of build quality for sure. Their stock price is ridiculous and there is no justification for it quite honestly.
Appreciate 3
iconoclast7265.50
MystroX56289.50
NOVA99162.50
      01-17-2021, 12:41 PM   #68
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Tesla on the flips is pure rubbish from any and every angle.
per a friend who was a mechanic for Tesla (pre-prod testers and higher end work):

"The amount of dual lock in production models is terrifying. I'd never buy one of these even with my discount"

You really need to catch a lucky build to have one put together rectilinearly and reliably. The self-driving stuff, though, is tight. My coworkers are generally in the west LA/noho/south part of the valley, so their drives aren't terribly distant. That's likely why they don't tend to uncover too many gremlins right away.
      01-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #69
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
per a friend who was a mechanic for Tesla (pre-prod testers and higher end work):

"The amount of dual lock in production models is terrifying. I'd never buy one of these even with my discount"

You really need to catch a lucky build to have one put together rectilinearly and reliably. The self-driving stuff, though, is tight. My coworkers are generally in the west LA/noho/south part of the valley, so their drives aren't terribly distant. That's likely why they don't tend to uncover too many gremlins right away.
I had the Tesla SUV park right next to my G05 X5 50i M-Sport this past Feb at the Grand Floridian at Disney. The funniest pic I should have taken was his plate read "NO-GASS". Right next to him my shiny Carbon Black X5 read "BMW-V8TT".

Appreciate 2
      01-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #70
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

HAHAHA... I am not against EV or Hybrid tech. I simply have an issue with Tesla products and the company itself along with it's stock.
Appreciate 1
bjcarls458.50
      01-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #71
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Tesla stock is ridiculously over valued, I expect a correction if Rivian and Lucid Motors turn out good product. I wouldn't own a Tesla, purely due to Elon though, such a sanctimonious SOB.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #72
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

i appreciate Tesla for their market pressure on more seasoned manufacturers. before then we had the little bubble ev-1, and little else going on
      01-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #73
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Tesla stock is ridiculously over valued, I expect a correction if Rivian and Lucid Motors turn out good product. I wouldn't own a Tesla, purely due to Elon though, such a sanctimonious SOB.
Elon is pretty high on himself, but also way ahead of the game so he can be. In time, he will go down as a Steve Jobs. At least he's smart enough to not buy into the leftist morality.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 03:18 PM   #74
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post

Elon is pretty high on himself, but also way ahead of the game so he can be. In time, he will go down as a Steve Jobs. At least he's smart enough to not buy into the leftist morality.
Steve Jobs was a lackluster engineer, but a great marketer (Wozniak was the brains of early Apple). Not sure that Musk is way ahead of the game, Porsche is pretty close (Taycan and Model S within about 40 miles of range in the real world). Once the other big auto makers get serious, the gap will close quickly. Right now, the Lucid Air has more predicted range than a Model S. I am not sure why you brought politics into it, but Elon is a radical environmentalist, that is pretty leftist.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      01-21-2021, 05:49 AM   #75
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredGarvin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredGarvin View Post
I'm more or less in the same situation - retired, long drives twice a year to enjoy the snowbird's life. I've added the new Escalade to my list instead of the Tahoe due to it's optional and excellent SuperCruise. It's a little sad to say, but as you age you begin to think about medical situations that might hit you while driving - at least you should.
Male prostitute?

Only when representing Great Lakes Feed & Grain in the quad cities area...
LOL. Good to see there's still people out there with a sense of humor. (and that know historical Saturday Night Live classics)

Now I'm super curious if that's your real name, or just an SNL homage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Male prostitute?

Did you ever get a X7 or do you just enjoy trolling this forum?
Okay... my Dark Shadow fell through (more in the DS thread), so I had to reorder. My new M50i just started production.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!

Last edited by Wild Blue; 01-21-2021 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50