BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum FINALLY! The wait is over!!

01-21-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

FINALLY! The wait is over!!

Took delivery of my X7 last Saturday on 1/16/21. I submitted the build with the dealership on 11/7/20.

I love this thing. I got away from Mercedes-Benz and now proud to be back home with BMW. I've ripped the rear badges off, reflector delete, side M badges added and front window tinted. Coded a few things with BimmerCode. Added the M welcome screen to match the M all over the vehicle. There doesn't appear to be nearly as many features available to program with BimmerCode than I see on these YouTube videos. There are only about 10 sections to choose from but other cars there is like 50 different sections you can program.

The ivory interior is beautiful. We hv no kids and with my ocd habits, it won't be an issue keeping her clean. Can't wait for Spring to get the 22" wheels on. However, I love these 21" that it came with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-21-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Congrats! I really appreciate your pictures--for one thing, I'm also debating whether to go through with the reflector delete, and those above show well, the before and after. Interesting side M badges you added. And could you show us the rear, with the badging deletion? I'm thinking of blacking those out instead. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:41 AM   #3
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Congrats! I really appreciate your pictures--for one thing, I'm also debating whether to go through with the reflector delete, and those above show well, the before and after. Interesting side M badges you added. And could you show us the rear, with the badging deletion? I'm thinking of blacking those out instead. Enjoy!
I have a blacked out X7 badge for the rear also but the back end gets crowded in my opinion with all the: X7 40i Xdrive. I just slapped an M badge on the rear to match the sides and now I think I'm going to remove the M badge on the rear for a cleaner look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:13 AM   #4
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7bmw23 View Post
I have a blacked out X7 badge for the rear also but the back end gets crowded in my opinion with all the: X7 40i Xdrive. I just slapped an M badge on the rear to match the sides and now I think I'm going to remove the M badge on the rear for a cleaner look.
I'd agree with that. Looks nice. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
LimaSierra
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 X7 M50i, '21 Suburban Z71

Fantastic! Congrats!

--Nate

Pic Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #6
m-prsev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC, 2021 X7M50i

Very nice! How dark is your tint? Did you do all the windows? I am curious since you have the Ivory interior which may make the tint appear lighter.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #7
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #8
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-prsev View Post
Very nice! How dark is your tint? Did you do all the windows? I am curious since you have the Ivory interior which may make the tint appear lighter.
20% on tint to match factory. I'm not a fan of the tint not matching. My dealer asked if I wanted them tinted upon delivery and I said yeah, but they must match the factory rear windows and they said it wouldn't be a problem. However, upon delivery.....it was 4 days before they could get it tinted. My dealer called and asked if I wanted to wait four additional days on tint.......I said HELL NO!! I've been waiting on this thing for two months and now it's going to sit on your lot 5 miles from my house for four more days....no thanks. I called and made an appointment at a local shop and had it done the next day after delivery for $10 more than what the dealer was charging.

Besides, my daily driver is a Polaris Slingshot pictured below. Upon delivery of the X7, I had to kick the Slingshot out of the garage and into a temporary storage unit for a couple months. It gets a little chilly here in Ohio during winter. A one hour commute in the Slingshot with heated gear isn't that bad, but I prefer the X7 with heat, heated seats and other creature comforts the Slingshot can't provide 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      01-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #9
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I asked the dealer how to take the reflectors off because I was going to do it myself because I had the parts at home already. They couldn't figure it out so I found a YouTube video that helped. However, it took a while and it's scary because you have to take off the trim, which was a pain. You had to appt some extra pressure to pop the clips/tabs which made me feel on the verge of damaging something on a brand new vehicle on day 1. I actually stopped and just said I'll pay the dealership to do it. Then I said one more try and figured it out and thankfully no damage. If you have a plastic trim removal tool and other plastic tools to remove trim, you should be fine with a little patience 😂If not, pay someone to do it because you could scratch or damage the panel.

You can best believe I'm turning this lease back in with the reflectors off because I don't want to go through that mess again. I'm pretty sure I'll break something if I try it again. 😂
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      01-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #10
columbia16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, Arctic Gray

I completely agree - debadging is the way to go - looks so much better unless you have a need to tell the world what you drive -

in Germany almost all high end MB/BMW/Porsches are debadged - if you know autos you don't need labels - and it is a much cleaner look!

love our m50i!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      01-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #11
djbonsu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05' L322 Range Rover

Congrats!! We went with 15% on the front two windows to match the rears. Match was spot on!
2020 X7 xDrive40i Mineral White//Ivory White Full Merino//Piano Black Trim//Cold Weather//Driving Assistance//Luxury Seating// Executive//Style 755-22" Y-Spoke Wheels//Space Saver Spare//Leather Dash//Ambient Air//Harmon Kardon//Extended Shadowline//Alcantara Headliner//
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #12
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Agree. Remove the poser M badge.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 08:18 PM   #13
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Naw.....the FACTORY stamped M on the wheels, steering wheel, door seals and on the brake calipers. I'm not feeling the M on the back, but leaving the two on the sides. My ride my call.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #14
columbia16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree with BYEIL...you have a gorgeous x7 40i with M styling - you don't need m badges on the sides.

it already speaks for itself! leave the M badge for the M series autos...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 12:42 AM   #15
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Nice. Congrats and enjoy! Sincerely wondering why people remove rear badges? What's the thought process?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 01:25 AM   #16
Cocogrey1985
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia16 View Post
Quote:
I agree with BYEIL...you have a gorgeous x7 40i with M styling - you don't need m badges on the sides.

I've always wondered why people put M badges on their cars that aren't M series. Seems weird to me, it's kinda like false advertising
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:16 AM   #17
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocogrey1985 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia16 View Post
Quote:

I've always wondered why people put M badges on their cars that aren't M series. Seems weird to me, it's kinda like false advertising
Exactly, I wonder why BMW stamps M on non M cars from the factory? I love the fact that I can have the aggressive Stying of an M series car without paying $60k extra for some engine/performance bits that I will never use. I've always thought Bmw's were ugly until they made them available with M sport packages. I actually walked away from a great deal at a dealership because the car my wife wanted didn't hv an m sport package. I would honestly never buy a BMW without the M sport package. I'm sure all the BMW M owners are pissed at BMW for slapping M badges all over non true M vehicles, but what can you do.

Mercedes-Benz started taking the same heat from owners and decided to change the front grille of the all true AMG vehicles. Maybe BMW needs to do the same 😂

I've never been one for the extra performance features of cars, not my thing......but to each their own. I'm more into the aesthetics of how it looks. I just sold an 2018 AMG43 in order to get the X7. I ripped all the AMG badges off of that vehicle as well because it didn't look pleasing to my eye. Let that soak in......someone that doesn't like speed, 0-60 times, "what u got under the hood" or track days.....buying a supercharged suv simply because of how it looks.

So to each their own is what I always say. In our own eyes, we know what we like. I've seen several vehicles on here with crazy set ups but I just keep it moving because I'm sure to that owner he vehicle is the bomb.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #18
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Clean look! Congratulations!

Any plans to change the front grille from chrome to black?
      01-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #19
AVZ12345
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Exactly, I wonder why BMW stamps M on non M cars from the factory? I love the fact that I can have the aggressive Stying of an M series car without paying $60k extra for some engine/performance bits that I will never use. I've always thought Bmw's were ugly until they made them available with M sport packages. I actually walked away from a great deal at a dealership because the car my wife wanted didn't hv an m sport package. I would honestly never buy a BMW without the M sport package. I'm sure all the BMW M owners are pissed at BMW for slapping M badges all over non true M vehicles, but what can you do.

Mercedes-Benz started taking the same heat from owners and decided to change the front grille of the all true AMG vehicles. Maybe BMW needs to do the same 😂

I've never been one for the extra performance features of cars, not my thing......but to each their own. I'm more into the aesthetics of how it looks. I just sold an 2018 AMG43 in order to get the X7. I ripped all the AMG badges off of that vehicle as well because it didn't look pleasing to my eye. Let that soak in......someone that doesn't like speed, 0-60 times, "what u got under the hood" or track days.....buying a supercharged suv simply because of how it looks.

So to each their own is what I always say. In our own eyes, we know what we like. I've seen several vehicles on here with crazy set ups but I just keep it moving because I'm sure to that owner he vehicle is the bomb.

I hear you on most of that but confused why you then put non factory m badges on the sides and rear?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #20
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVZ12345 View Post
I hear you on most of that but confused why you then put non factory m badges on the sides and rear?
+1

It’s an M styling package so having ///M stamped on the same pieces that are available on an M car make sense. Slapping ///M badges all over your car AND removing any badges that show the true model just means you want others to think it’s something it’s not. Seems clear to me.

In the end it’s your car so if it makes you feel better more power to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:51 AM   #21
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVZ12345 View Post
Quote:

For the look my friend. The same reason I took them off the rear of every car I've owned (FOR THE LOOK).......The same reason I added them to the sides (FOR THE LOOK).

Thought I made that clear in my previous post but hey, to each their own. Not that I need to justify what I'm doing to my vehicle to anyone, but for the sake of being a fellow owner, I wanted to provide a courtesy response to your inquiry. Gob bless and enjoy your day my friend!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:55 AM   #22
columbia16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Nice. Congrats and enjoy! Sincerely wondering why people remove rear badges? What's the thought process?
you need to spend time on the Autobahn...owners of high end autos there don't need to advertise the car - it is a car culture there and understated elegance is much preferred to in your face advertising...nouveau riche if you ask me!

drivers there know a low end from a high end bimmer - they don't need a badge to remind them!

with the rear ends showing model numbers, the dealer license plate frames, etc it looks so cluttered and distracts from the beauty of the auto.

just my two cents....but you need to get to europe and spend time in a real car culture.
Appreciate 0