BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum FINALLY! The wait is over!!

01-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #23
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Clean look! Congratulations!

Any plans to change the front grille from chrome to black?
I ordered it with the black grille. My wife didn't like the black grille so I found a brand new factory one on eBay for $100 shipped! The plan was to leave chrome grille on through winter and then black grille in Spring/Summer when the 22" wheels go on.

But once I saw another post about swapping out the inner grille slats for a custom look, game on. I plan to tackle that job later today.

With both grilles, gives you options of either chrome surround w/ black slats OR black surround with aluminum slats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #24
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia16 View Post
just my two cents....but you need to get to europe and spend time in a real car culture.
I’ve spent my fair share of time overseas and you can’t just use a blanket statement to describe all car owners. Not everyone knows one model from the next in Europe and I’ve seen people rebadge there too. It may be looked down upon on a forum like this but I’m sure 99% of people no matter where they live either don’t give a sh*t or don’t care.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:06 PM   #25
columbia16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, Arctic Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I’ve spent my fair share of time overseas and you can’t just use a blanket statement to describe all car owners. Not everyone knows one model from the next in Europe and I’ve seen people rebadge there too. It may be looked down upon on a forum like this but I’m sure 99% of people no matter where they live either don’t give a sh*t or don’t care.
let me qualify...around Stuttgart and Munich (where my in-laws live) debadging is very common...and i think any auto enthusiast who has spent much time in Baden Württemberg or Bavaria knows the car culture there is special...

it was eye opening for me to see the lack of license plate frames with dealership names, decals with dealership logos etc, and letters and numbers on these beautiful cars....and IMHO I think the autos looks awesome with a clean look...
Appreciate 0