BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Ordered my 1M

Hey all!

I just placed my order for a White stripper (with usb + bluetooth).

Will the white 1M come with shadowline trim? If not can I get them to get it?

And more importantly how much would I pay to get my white 1 to become a blue one post purchase?

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Shadowline trim is a standard on US cars.

As for getting a blue 1M, it'll be in the thousands range to get it taken apart and painted properly.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I was willing to pay 5$ for "personal", so would it be around that much or on the topside of thousands?

And thanks for the info on the SL.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
C4747Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M & M5 Competition

Did you really just order your car today? And are they definitely going to be able to get the car? I believe my dealer is trying to screw me. They are telling me that there are no more allocations for the continental US to try to charge me more than we bargained for when i ordered the car since it is such a "hot" commodity.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4747Z View Post
Did you really just order your car today? And are they definitely going to be able to get the car? I believe my dealer is trying to screw me. They are telling me that there are no more allocations for the continental US to try to charge me more than we bargained for when i ordered the car since it is such a "hot" commodity.
Complete BS. Perhaps they are saying that THEY have no more allocations, but there are many dealers that have not gotten their FIRST allocation, and each dealer is slated to get at least one allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
C4747Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M & M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Complete BS. Perhaps they are saying that THEY have no more allocations, but there are many dealers that have not gotten their FIRST allocation, and each dealer is slated to get at least one allocation.
The dealer didn't mean THEY had no more allocations, even though I think they don't. They said that the continental US is done with their allocations. I am going to call them. I'm really annoyed.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List

go for the custom paint job! i would like to see something like that:

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
I was willing to pay 5$ for "personal", so would it be around that much or on the topside of thousands?

And thanks for the info on the SL.
They don't offer individual paint on the 1M. It is offered on other cars.

It would probably be more than 5. That's why lots of members go the wrapping route.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Frack
Euro Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM e46 M

Garage List
Quote:
Hey all!

I just placed my order for a White stripper (with usb + bluetooth).

Will the white 1M come with shadowline trim? If not can I get them to get it?

And more importantly how much would I pay to get my white 1 to become a blue one post purchase?

Thanks all!
did you take it on euro delivery program or picking it up here?? Did they give you estimated delivery date??
      06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Cisitalia
No fast lane bandits allowed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i TiAg 6mt M-Sport

First off, to me that would devalue the car to try to change the color. Most repainted cars to other colors are a compromise and won't be exact. To make it exact (like a complete restoration project would do) is completely take the car apart. Engine bay, driveline, windows, lights, door covers, trunk area, all trim etc. etc. You get the picture. That is highly man-hour intensive to dissassemble, remove old paint, prime and paint then assemble the car. Cost would exceed $10k for sure.

Well good luck. Maybe wrap is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

I agree to do a complete and thorough job the vehicle needs to be completely dismantled, would you want your brand new 50k car taken apart and put back together again?

Everything will rattle, and thats assuming they didnt miss anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

while I disagree that the vehicle will rattle after being disassembled and reassembled, I would definitely agree that it would be riduclously expensive and labor intensive and I can't really imagine subjecting a new vehicle to this over a color change. An exterior paint only, done at a good shop will probably be 5-7K. If you wanted to do an actual full repaint which includes things like the engine bay, trunk, inner door jambs, etc, then you likely will be over 10K. it would probably be easier to buy a 135 in the desired color and then make the suspension and body panel upgrades to make it look lke a 1M.

In either situation, I think you really limit your options for resale..

option A- a modified 135
option B- a modified 1M with a non original color.

of course there seem to be plenty of blue fanatics.... so I guess if you are going with option B.. maybe you could find a buyer someday... course that person will want DCT as well... ha!

I would think that a wrap would be the best option.. It will preserve the original paint, and also make the vehicle the desired color.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
while I disagree that the vehicle will rattle after being disassembled and reassembled
Depends who is doing the work
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So I ordered last friday. I have had my deposit down for 4 months. I was my dealers first (and likely only) allocation.

If the cost is north of 10G then that puts the repaint out of the picture, and the only way it would do it was if it was done right. (IE. all parts interior and exterior)

I ended up not doing ed as my wife didn't want to go, and none of my buddies could afford it at the moment. So instead Ill take spartanburg delivery and a few days of driving school.

On a different note, I just did my 1st HDPE with the local BMWCCA - Great group of guys and gals and so much fun Im beside myself until the next time I can get to a track. I am now an official track junkie.

I think my license plate will read - "Only 1". Some many great ways to take that tossed in with a highlander quote! =)

Now that I know the repaint is out, I think I'm gonna get the black grills, and the CF whale tail, and a dark as is legal all around tint.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #15
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
So I ordered last friday. I have had my deposit down for 4 months. I was my dealers first (and likely only) allocation.

If the cost is north of 10G then that puts the repaint out of the picture, and the only way it would do it was if it was done right. (IE. all parts interior and exterior)

I ended up not doing ed as my wife didn't want to go, and none of my buddies could afford it at the moment. So instead Ill take spartanburg delivery and a few days of driving school.

On a different note, I just did my 1st HDPE with the local BMWCCA - Great group of guys and gals and so much fun Im beside myself until the next time I can get to a track. I am now an official track junkie.

I think my license plate will read - "Only 1". Some many great ways to take that tossed in with a highlander quote! =)

Now that I know the repaint is out, I think I'm gonna get the black grills, and the CF whale tail, and a dark as is legal all around tint.
BMW quoted me 15000 Euros to turn my AW 1M into a titanium silver 1M. They would build it in white and then strip it down completely and then re paint it and reassemble it to factory condition. I loved the idea and at 5000 Euros i would have done it but at 15000 euros it was just insanity
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah 15k Euros is insanity.

Further progress!
I have a production number my order is now status 150.

Im hoping to do a PCD in early September and then head up through the mountains through NC, Va and then on to DC then back home to the mid west.
Quite the adventure I will have on the way.

With that drive right ahead of me, can anyone recommend someplace out in SC or NC that does great work with the lamin-x? I'm intending to get the car covered asap.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah 15k Euros is insanity.

Further progress!
I have a production number my order is now status 150.

Im hoping to do a PCD in early September and then head up through the mountains through NC, Va and then on to DC then back home to the mid west.
Quite the adventure I will have on the way.

With that drive right ahead of me, can anyone recommend someplace out in SC or NC that does great work with the lamin-x? I'm intending to get the car covered asap.

Thanks!
congrats i hope you enjoy your baby in good health....as for me? I'm still waiting on my production number :/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
congrats i hope you enjoy your baby in good health....as for me? I'm still waiting on my production number :/
Thanks I was 1st for my dealer and waited nearly 5 months for a number. Don't give up hope yet.
Appreciate 0