BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Car avatar on dash and idrive

08-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Car avatar on dash and idrive

So the avatars I see in folks’ screenshots are all varied (I’m talking about the image of the car that shows up in the center of the dash LCD, and on iDrive in settings etc).

I suspect that BMW went to the effort to make them match the actual car. Mine is the right color, but has the wrong wheels.... is that changeable somehow?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
So the avatars I see in folks’ screenshots are all varied (I’m talking about the image of the car that shows up in the center of the dash LCD, and on iDrive in settings etc).

I suspect that BMW went to the effort to make them match the actual car. Mine is the right color, but has the wrong wheels.... is that changeable somehow?
I'll experiment with this. It's probaby a setting in the DKOMBI4 ECU
      08-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:

Bothers me too. I suspect they all have the same wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 02:07 AM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:

My guess is it is a coincidence that color is correct. You can change chassis, but never seen options to modify color or wheels. Though, FA has all info, so BMW could easily implement.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:

My guess is it is a coincidence that color is correct. You can change chassis, but never seen options to modify color or wheels. Though, FA has all info, so BMW could easily implement.
You can change the color. I have not seen an option for wheels though. There were tons of color options including some that are not even available to order on the X7. They do not all work though. You get a gray car avatar if you select those.

I have an Alpine White X7 but was able to change to one of the blues. I believe the one below is Phytonic.

I'll have to look at the setting in HI_MGU. I think that was something simple like VEHICLE_COLOR.
Attached Images

08-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
You can change the color. I have not seen an option for wheels though. There were tons of color options including some that are not even available to order on the X7. They do not all work though. You get a gray car avatar if you select those.

I have an Alpine White X7 but was able to change to one of the blues. I believe the one below is Phytonic.

I'll have to look at the setting in HI_MGU. I think that was something simple like VEHICLE_COLOR.
I stand corrected. Though, it still does not make sense why correct choice is not automatically selected.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0