BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Thank you Lewis for saving the 2010 season

04-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

They gave him Opium at the Bahrain, that's why he wasn't himself
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just watched the race again for kicks...

1. Lap 12 Hamilton's double pass on both Sutil and Vettel is one for the history books
2. Once he was past, he was 2 seconds faster than previous fast lap
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #25
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I just find it astonishing and sad that hamilton so far is getting destroyed by Button. BUTTON, mr mediocre (up until his WDC year). Kudos to Jenson, I guess credit where credit is due...

I loved to see LH struggle to pass Schumi this weekend, I may have stood up and worshipped my TV...

when he started trying, ITV guy #2 asked Martin Brundle "why is he struggling so much?", and MB says: "I dunno, I think he is showing him too much respect, to be honest."
YEAH RIGHT, as if LH approached Schumacher, peed his pants a little (actually, maybe) and said: "Oh shit, this is Schumacher, I better take 3 or 4 times to actually pass him, he deserves that. Yeah, I'll do that."
Why can't they just accept he had to try a few times because Schumacher wasn't born yesterday and couldn't care less about a 20+ yr old in a faster car trying to get round? I like British commentators but they are SO biased towards their own... wankers.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #26
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I just find it astonishing and sad that hamilton so far is getting destroyed by Button. BUTTON, mr mediocre (up until his WDC year). Kudos to Jenson, I guess credit where credit is due...

I loved to see LH struggle to pass Schumi this weekend, I may have stood up and worshipped my TV...

when he started trying, ITV guy #2 asked Martin Brundle "why is he struggling so much?", and MB says: "I dunno, I think he is showing him too much respect, to be honest."
YEAH RIGHT, as if LH approached Schumacher, peed his pants a little (actually, maybe) and said: "Oh shit, this is Schumacher, I better take 3 or 4 times to actually pass him, he deserves that. Yeah, I'll do that."
Why can't they just accept he had to try a few times because Schumacher wasn't born yesterday and couldn't care less about a 20+ yr old in a faster car trying to get round? I like British commentators but they are SO biased towards their own... wankers.
Fuckin' post of the year!!!!!
      04-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #27
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post

That's BBC, and his name is Jonathan Legard....his voice annoys me so much...he got so excited for nothing....i just love how Martin Brundle commentates and describe the "on-board fast lap".....
Plus, while everyone thought Alonso made a great start, he spotted the Spainard jump-started immediately....

Anyways, there's no friggin respect on the track, once all the five red lights are off, everyone is equal, if you are faster, overtake others, if you are slower, prepare to be nailed by the fast car behind you.
      04-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #28
gts135
German car nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135iM - Cashmere silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Anyways, there's no friggin respect on the track, once all the five red lights are off, everyone is equal, if you are faster, overtake others, if you are slower, prepare to be nailed by the fast car behind you.
+1

At least we have something to talk about. If LH wasn't pissing people off, etc it would be just another boring season. We can't have that!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #29
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

WTF are you talking about? It took him less than a lap to overtake Shumi, since when does that mean that he struggled so much??? It's not like he was stuck behind the guy for half the race, and after that he still managed to close down to within a second of the winner despite having made 2 more pit stops than Button and overtaking everyone else along the way ...

3 EPIC CONSECUTIVE DRIVES... Bravo Lewis Bravo !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #30
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
WTF are you talking about? It took him less than a lap to overtake Shumi, since when does that mean that he struggled so much??? It's not like he was stuck behind the guy for half the race, and after that he still managed to close down to within a second of the winner despite having made 2 more pit stops than Button and overtaking everyone else along the way ...

You do realize Button backed way off in the closing stages right? Why keep pushing hard when you already have the win in the bag? These aren't single race engines or gearboxes. So Hamilton catching up isn't anything special.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #31
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post

And how many wins does he have this year? Please refresh me on that.
      04-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #32
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
And how many wins does he have this year? Please refresh me on that.
He has no wins but by far he is the best on track now. Look at his qualifying and where he has finished. It is funny that people are talking about the wins and then the same people are also saying that is too agressive and in 2007 he should have backed off. It is so funny.
Lets see who is going to have the last laugh.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #33
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
You do realize Button backed way off in the closing stages right? Why keep pushing hard when you already have the win in the bag? These aren't single race engines or gearboxes. So Hamilton catching up isn't anything special.
Yes JB backed off qith about 5 laps to go however you can't deny the fact that LH drove a better race. Like OP said he made more stops and still ended up second.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #34
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Yes JB backed off qith about 5 laps to go however you can't deny the fact that LH drove a better race. Like OP said he made more stops and still ended up second.
Yeah, with a safety car to tighten up the field for 4 laps too, don't forget that.
      04-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #35
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
He has no wins but by far he is the best on track now. Look at his qualifying and where he has finished. It is funny that people are talking about the wins and then the same people are also saying that is too agressive and in 2007 he should have backed off. It is so funny.
Lets see who is going to have the last laugh.
This is obviously a joke. Qualifying is a huge part of the race and while he may claw through the pack, he will have one hell of a time catching Vettel when he's consistently starting from pole and maintaining the lead through each race (barring reliability issues).

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #36
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/610480...on-s-Easy-Life

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton has had enough of the hard life in F1 and is ready to follow the far easier path taken by his McLaren team-mate Jenson Button to victory in China.

While Button cruised to a victory in which his one and only overtaking victim was the worn-down Mercedes of Nico Rosberg, Hamilton had to cut a regular sway through the field as he fought back from 15th. In the final reckoning, however, it amounted to a lot of work for even less reward than his team-mate.

"I have done it that hard way and Jenson has done it the easy way," Hamilton mused to The Times. "To do all that hard racing but you don't have any wins is hard to take, while Jenson has two - which is fantastic. I have had great races but he has made all the right decisions and taken the easier route.

"Three brilliant drives from me but no wins. Hopefully, soon I will take the easier route. But I am really happy for Jenson. He did a better job and I am sure that when the tables turn, as they will, it will be the same for me."

Not that Hamilton's own position after just four races of this marathon season is dire. He is fourth in the drivers' standings, level on points with Fernando Alonso, and still within touching distance of leader Button.

"The good thing with me and Jenson is that we clearly want to beat each other but Jenson is very smart and does not have that too aggressive flair in him and neither have I," he said.

"I'm not surprised he has settled so quickly. There was a lot of stuff about him joining my team and I would be favoured but the team just embrace the drivers, they want us both to win.

"They did absolutely everything to get him up to speed and feel comfortable.They did the same for me in 2007. I am really happy for him."
Sorry Lewis, its not "your" team. We don't live in Scuderia Ferrari - Schumacher decade anymore, doesn't seem there is an obvious #1 or #2 driver until very last stage of the race.

I believe you're more aggressive than Jenson for sure. But that definately spice up the game, and making it more exciting.
      04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #37
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Nothing like being humble. It's interviews like that that turn people off so much. He's always the first one to say how great he thinks he is and how brilliantly he thinks his drive was. Really unappealing character trait.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #38
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Nothing like being humble. It's interviews like that that turn people off so much. He's always the first one to say how great he thinks he is and how brilliantly he thinks his drive was. Really unappealing character trait.
Can you give an example where he said how good he was?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #39
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/610480...on-s-Easy-Life

Sorry Lewis, its not "your" team. We don't live in Scuderia Ferrari - Schumacher decade anymore, doesn't seem there is an obvious #1 or #2 driver until very last stage of the race.

I believe you're more aggressive than Jenson for sure. But that definately spice up the game, and making it more exciting.
True it is not his team and Mclaren always gives equal oppurtunity. However no one can deny that he has done a lot for the Mclaren team.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #40
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This is obviously a joke. Qualifying is a huge part of the race and while he may claw through the pack, he will have one hell of a time catching Vettel when he's consistently starting from pole and maintaining the lead through each race (barring reliability issues).
Really? I know qualifying is part of the puzzle and also building a reliable car is part of the puzzle. Doesn't matter how good the driver is if the car is not good or reliable it is going no where.
So where did SV started this time? Where did he finish? How did LH finished ahead of him?

I just don't understand why bash LH? Sure he is arrogant I am sure any one in his shoe will be as arrogant as him. In my opinion there is no one more arrogant than MS.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #41
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Can you give an example where he said how good he was?
Oh, you must have missed it in the giant article above..

Quote:
"I have done it that hard way and Jenson has done it the easy way," Hamilton mused to The Times. "To do all that hard racing but you don't have any wins is hard to take, while Jenson has two - which is fantastic. I have had great races but he has made all the right decisions and taken the easier route.

"Three brilliant drives from me but no wins. Hopefully, soon I will take the easier route. But I am really happy for Jenson. He did a better job and I am sure that when the tables turn, as they will, it will be the same for me."
If the easy way is to not whine and just drive the car then yes, Jenson did it the easy way.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #42
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Really? I know qualifying is part of the puzzle and also building a reliable car is part of the puzzle. Doesn't matter how good the driver is if the car is not good or reliable it is going no where.
So where did SV started this time? Where did he finish? How did LH finished ahead of him?
We're talking about the skills of the drivers. LH finishes ahead of SV in one race and he's automatically a better driver?

Quote:
I just don't understand why bash LH? Sure he is arrogant I am sure any one in his shoe will be as arrogant as him. In my opinion there is no one more arrogant than MS.
Ok, so he's the second most arrogant driver...

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #43
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh, you must have missed it in the giant article above..

If the easy way is to not whine and just drive the car then yes, Jenson did it the easy way.
The thing about Jenson is that, he's not a natural born overtaker and fast driver, I can even say he's less talent than Lewis Hamilton. But he use his brain to drive, read the situation and take a good gamble. Jenson make the enviroment and situations works for him, not himself fighting against the weather etc.
Lewis is driving with his gut instint, he's a natural born predator. But he is learning (or needs to learn) to make the situation works for him, and make his life simplier.
      04-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #44
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

This is turning out to be great thread. Every time I want to comment I see that someone has already made my point for me. Carry on...