forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2020 Individual Option availability

07-21-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
jnmit12
Rep
Drives: various

2020 Individual Option availability

Getting ready to place an order for a M50i and am not clear on what individual options are currently available.

I've seen conflicting info about (Full) Tartufo Merino... The 5/22 order guide suggests this isn't available. Has anyone verified?

How about paint options - I don't see Sun Stone Metallic in the order guide either - has anyone ordered? (it only shows Ametrin & Tanzanite Blue)

Any other option availability not shown in the order guide?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

A little ambiguous right now, as the German M50i configurator is up, but the USA is not yet.

Paint, the only one we know for sure is Sun Stone Metallic, an Individual special order option. A press release said Manhattan green was going to be an option, but it's so ugly, I'll beg anyone not to do it. Other things from press releases haven't materialized yet, such as Amarone (rich auburn red) leather.

Yes, we noticed the Tartufo thing. I'm guessing if you want it, you can get it.

The MY2020 guide doesn't mention Display Key, but we're hoping that's an oversight and can still get.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
jnmit12
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
A little ambiguous right now, as the German M50i configurator is up, but the USA is not yet.

Paint, the only one we know for sure is Sun Stone Metallic, an Individual special order option. A press release said Manhattan green was going to be an option, but it's so ugly, I'll beg anyone not to do it. Other things from press releases haven't materialized yet, such as Amarone (rich auburn red) leather.

Yes, we noticed the Tartufo thing. I'm guessing if you want it, you can get it.

The MY2020 guide doesn't mention Display Key, but we're hoping that's an oversight and can still get.
Thank you. The discrepancy between the press release and the order guide caused my confusion. I've never known a dealer to have accurate info for these kind of questions (I'm I've bought a lot of BMWs - Always had to figure it out myself and pressure the salesperson to follow through on my info)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
crackerjack15
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmit12 View Post
(I've bought a lot of BMWs - Always had to figure it out myself and pressure the salesperson to follow through on my info)
Isn't that the truth. I vast majority of salespeople have no clue. When I originally tried to order phytonic blue, they kept telling me it wasn't available, until I emailed him the order guide. Then he's like, oh yeah, we can get that. SMH
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #5
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

I noticed that the german configurator seems to offer the laserlights on the the regular engine, while the US 2020 buying guide only offers it on the M50i. Does anyone know if it is available?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #6
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmm12345 View Post
I noticed that the german configurator seems to offer the laserlights on the the regular engine, while the US 2020 buying guide only offers it on the M50i. Does anyone know if it is available?
Right now, I'd say no because it's been like that for quite a while. That might change though over the next couple of months.

On the German site, there is also an optional M seat belt offered. I'd like to see that over here, too...
Appreciate 0