BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Upgraded X7 Vilner Leather interior

02-04-2020, 03:09 AM   #1
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Upgraded X7 Vilner Leather interior

Bulgarian custom interior company has made a custom leather upgrade on an X7. I figured this would interest those of us that think the 2nd row center floor plastic piece looks and feels a little cheap, as their interior includes a leather upgrade for that piece as well.

If we could get them to at least offer that piece for aftermarket sale and delivery, I think that would make a nice upgrade for many of us.

There's more pictures in the article in the weblink.

Appreciate 2
iconoclast7262.50
      02-05-2020, 02:33 AM   #2
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
That piece basically drove me off the captain seats since when I asked the dealer he said it can't be removed
      02-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #3
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
That piece basically drove me off the captain seats since when I asked the dealer he said it can't be removed
Your dealer is an idiot, of course it can be removed/replaced. However, the captains chair configuration without cup holders is not an "official" BMW configuration so you, as the owner, will need to get creative if you don't want cup holders with the captain chair option. A dealer will never (well almost never) recommend a non BMW approved modification. The base X7 center console has additional parts for two different configurations - one with cup holders and one without. There is another thread in this forum that provides detail on how to do it. The only catch is that the cup holder parts may leave additional mounting holes in the carpet, which could probably be covered with a floor mat.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Your dealer is an idiot, of course it can be removed/replaced. However, the captains chair configuration without cup holders is not an "official" BMW configuration so you, as the owner, will need to get creative if you don't want cup holders with the captain chair option. A dealer will never (well almost never) recommend a non BMW approved modification. The base X7 center console has additional parts for two different configurations - one with cup holders and one without. There is another thread in this forum that provides detail on how to do it. The only catch is that the cup holder parts may leave additional mounting holes in the carpet, which could probably be covered with a floor mat.
Thank you, thou it's about late for me now.

I'm completely new to bmw and assumed there were some parts involved in coding or something when he said it can't be removed and advised to check with a third party if one does such Things.
      02-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
SEWELLGT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

I'd be interested.
Appreciate 0