BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > UK Delivery Delays!

04-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #45
sarcastrix
Wallander
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by San79y View Post
Read updated reviews from people like Top Gear and Autoexpress etc,
yep, because they're certainly the cutting edge of motoring journalism
      04-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #46
San79y
Private
England
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
Communicating/regurgitating what they have been told by BMW doesn't really require being cutting edge, it's only a press release sort of thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #47
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
1/ http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...w/bmw-m2-2016-

2/ http://www.motoringresearch.com/car-...r-since-e46-m3

3/ http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/bmw/2-series/m2/

ect just to get going on with...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #48
San79y
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonSI View Post
Wow!! this is just crazy..I actually ended up ringing my local dealer and they said they've got 4 orders and that's their allocation and they don't know when they will ever get a demo in. I was like so how can i order a car without seeing what colour i want!?!? he replied yeah i know....

Looks like i will have to travel to London or something to see one. crazy...
I can definitely answer this for you now, you need LBB! It was actually sunny and nice this morning and the car is still pristine from the dealer prep, and the paint looks absolutely stunning! Forget this nonsense people are saying about it looking green, they need to get their eyes tested! Or at least it doesn't look like that in UK sunshine. It is more like an electric blue and it suits the car perfectly. Because I'm a bit OCD, I had to have it so the stitching matches but that's my problem

Definitely not subtle though, so fair enough if you don't want it to stand out and I understand choosing a different colour for that reason. But there is no doubt that this is a colour everyone will love in real life rather than Internet photos that don't do it justice.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #49
spooooook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 - Hopefully!

Quote:
Because I'm a bit OCD, I had to have it so the stitching matches but that's my problem
The question is, are you so OCD that you would re-spray the blue brake calipers in LBB to match the bodywork ...
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #50
San79y
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooooook View Post
The question is, are you so OCD that you would re-spray the blue brake calipers in LBB to match the bodywork ...
I have to admit I did think the similarity looked better in online photos than real life, but had to stop thinking about it before I started bashing my own head like Rain Man
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #51
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
Just thinking outside the box.....Last time I looked on Auto trader there were seven up for sale starting at 55K

Edit:

There's nine now
10 now. Wankers.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #52
carbonSI
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: GT86 DGM

Garage List
2006 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
I can definitely answer this for you now, you need LBB! It was actually sunny and nice this morning and the car is still pristine from the dealer prep, and the paint looks absolutely stunning! Forget this nonsense people are saying about it looking green, they need to get their eyes tested! Or at least it doesn't look like that in UK sunshine. It is more like an electric blue and it suits the car perfectly. Because I'm a bit OCD, I had to have it so the stitching matches but that's my problem

Definitely not subtle though, so fair enough if you don't want it to stand out and I understand choosing a different colour for that reason. But there is no doubt that this is a colour everyone will love in real life rather than Internet photos that don't do it justice.
Haha i would like to see LBB as i think it probably makes the car look the most exotic but will probably end up getting MG for the reasons you mention about LBB and subtlety..