11-14-2021, 10:26 PM   #1
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

airsuspension issue

Hi,

When I tried to get in my car from the garage, I noticed that left front and rear suspension were all the way down. After I started my car, these went up to normal position. Is there anyone who had a same issue? Should I bring my car to service center? It happened a few times.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #2
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

I would take it in. Not normal.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:42 AM   #3
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Not normal. Have it taken to a dealership. Your sensors may be out of alignment.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 05:18 AM   #4
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglyong2 View Post
Hi,

When I tried to get in my car from the garage, I noticed that left front and rear suspension were all the way down. After I started my car, these went up to normal position. Is there anyone who had a same issue? Should I bring my car to service center? It happened a few times.
To be clear, ONLY your left side were lower? And you did nothing to lower them yourself?

When you start driving, the car will automatically raise to the default position
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
blutob2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Manual says they will go down after awhile anyways. I would think they would all be equal and not necessarily lopsided though. I've only had mine for a couple weeks and haven't noticed it yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #6
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Hi,

To be clear, ONLY your left side were lower? And you did nothing to lower them yourself?

When you start driving, the car will automatically raise to the default position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Hi,

yes. I disabled and enabled airsuspension. I will see if it goes away.
if it happens again, then I will bring it to service.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
Phillymb75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 M50 - 20 M240i vert 6mt

I've leaned on the button on the trunk fold out when unloading things and lowered it unintentionally, could that have happened?

But if it's only one side front and back, that's odd.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:31 PM   #8
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillymb75 View Post
I've leaned on the button on the trunk fold out when unloading things and lowered it unintentionally, could that have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillymb75 View Post

Yes. it is odd. I had a similar issue on my previous GL550 which I traded in for X7.
I guess I need to bring my cAr to service.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:56 PM   #9
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I ended up dropping off the car to service last Saturday and I got a text message from service advisor. Eventually two airback for rear need to be replaced and they ordered parts. My car is only 6 month old with 14K miles on it. It is odd to have that issue too early. I was also advised to replace all 4 tires. Tires wear so quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 06:12 PM   #10
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
I ended up dropping off the car to service last Saturday and I got a text message from service advisor. Eventually two airback for rear need to be replaced and they ordered parts. My car is only 6 month old with 14K miles on it. It is odd to have that issue too early. I was also advised to replace all 4 tires. Tires wear so quickly.
Sorry to hear about your air suspension issues. At least it's covered under warranty.

As far as tires go, it depends on the tires, roads, climate, and driving habits.

I ordered my 2020 X7 with 21" NON Runflat tires. It came with Bridgestone Alenza Sport AS tires. I changed those tires out at 35K miles. I could have gotten another 4K out of them but didn't want to drive on them during the winter months.

I've heard others complain about how fast their tires wore out on this forum as well.

What tires do you have on your vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #11
sunglyong2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your air suspension issues. At least it's covered under warranty.

As far as tires go, it depends on the tires, roads, climate, and driving habits.

I ordered my 2020 X7 with 21" NON Runflat tires. It came with Bridgestone Alenza Sport AS tires. I changed those tires out at 35K miles. I could have gotten another 4K out of them but didn't want to drive on them during the winter months.

I've heard others complain about how fast their tires wore out on this forum as well.

What tires do you have on your vehicle?
Mine has 22in stock summer runflat tire.
By the way, my car has been parking BMW service for almost 2 weeks and parts will not come soon (back ordered). Actually, they are not sure when it comes.
I am using a loaner car, 530i. Can I pause a loan payment from BMW finance due to this issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #12
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
By the way, my car has been parking BMW service for almost 2 weeks and parts will not come soon (back ordered). Actually, they are not sure when it comes.
I am using a loaner car, 530i. Can I pause a loan payment from BMW finance due to this issue?
I would contact them and see what they will do in your case. Others may chime in with their experience in similar situations but I have no idea what your options are in that regard.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 02:51 AM   #13
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
I had a similar issue waiting for a control unit for the alarm.
Having waited over two weeks for a part to arrive from US via Germany, the resolution did not work. In the end it was report by BMW technical services that it was a simple coding issue
Picked up the car yesterday after being at the dealership for nearly 4 weeks.
I was however given an X5 loaner and then after kicking up a storm an X7 whilst mine was at the garage.