BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-26-2022, 05:28 AM   #23
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH_M3f80 View Post
Any updates on this case?
Black badges for front and sides? Are these easy to change? They are self adhesive?
Apologies for not replying back in Sep '21, CH_M3f80 - am just now seeing your post. See spta97's link in post 21 for how I resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Disregard - found it in this post.

How is the paint holding up?
Remarkably well despite 2 yrs of washing, and haven't had to touch-up either. Would've preferred they came blacked-out from the factory like the F95/96, but an easy and inexpensive DIY for those who can't stand the shiny chrome lettering.

Last edited by Max Well; 05-26-2022 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 05:38 AM   #24
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Remarkably well despite 2 yrs of washing, and haven't had to touch-up either. Would've preferred they came blacked-out from the factory like the F95/96, but an easy and inexpensive DIY for those who can't stand the shiny chrome lettering.
Thanks Max. Im looking for slight appearance mods to do (for some reason) and I’ve had my sights on eliminating shiny chrome.

I can’t seem to bring myself to remove the competition badge on the back but I always hated how obnoxious it is. Blacking it out would improve the looks IMO. I would also like to do the front and sides as you did.

I guess it doesn’t hurt to try your method before spending money on painted badges.
Appreciate 0