04-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #1
cowtowntuck
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

X7 leaking oil cooler lines

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello folks.

2023 x7m60i with about 4000km's on it. saw some oil spots on the garage floor and took it in for service. Both oil cooler lines are leaking. couple week wait on parts from germany. warranty of course but a piss off. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Currently driving an x3 loaner as I wait to get my ride back.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
Tay161
Rep
Drives: X7 2023 (ordered)

2023 x7 40i with just over 6k miles on it. I noticed a few small oil spots and took it in yesterday . Also one of the rear passenger window sun shades isn’t working. I’ve already been told that the sunshade mechanism failed and needs to be replaced. I’m getting nervous now and will def be looking for an extended warranty. I was hoping the X7 would be more reliable than the Range Rover I had, but I’m not sure now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #3
cowtowntuck
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay161 View Post
2023 x7 40i with just over 6k miles on it. I noticed a few small oil spots and took it in yesterday . Also one of the rear passenger window sun shades isn’t working. I’ve already been told that the sunshade mechanism failed and needs to be replaced. I’m getting nervous now and will def be looking for an extended warranty. I was hoping the X7 would be more reliable than the Range Rover I had, but I’m not sure now.
Feedback is apparently a new part on the LCI and as such there is no local inventory for the product and hence the wait for the part from Germany. I have been assured the connection on the line itself is the root cause. interested to hear where your oil is coming from. Assume if this was a chronic issue with the line we would have heard about it on this board.
Appreciate 0