BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BimmerLink Info Memory

08-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #1
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i, 2019 BMW X7 40i

BimmerLink Info Memory

Hi I have 2019 X7 40i, I don't see any issues in the functionality and I don't any warnings or errors on the control unit, but when I curiously checked BimmerLink it is throwing bunch of errors in Info Memory but there are nothing in the permanent memory... I attached the Info Error report

Not sure if this is common across all new models, but wanted to check with others and see if they have same issues with X7 or X5 ... If you have BimmerLink please check and let me know..

Thanks in Advance
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Error report.pdf (42.8 KB, 1333 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krislovesbmw View Post
Hi I have 2019 X7 40i, I don't see any issues in the functionality and I don't any warnings or errors on the control unit, but when I curiously checked BimmerLink it is throwing bunch of errors in Info Memory but there are nothing in the permanent memory... I attached the Info Error report

Not sure if this is common across all new models, but wanted to check with others and see if they have same issues with X7 or X5 ... If you have BimmerLink please check and let me know..

Thanks in Advance
I did the same thing and came out with similar results. I showed the report to my dealer on my last service and they said they would look at it but I am not sure they did as the errors were still there when I looked after my update last week so I just cleared the errors out and will see if they reoccur.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #3
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
I did the same thing and came out with similar results. I showed the report to my dealer on my last service and they said they would look at it but I am not sure they did as the errors were still there when I looked after my update last week so I just cleared the errors out and will see if they reoccur.
how did you clear the errors ? I don't see any option in BimmerLink to clear the errors
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
All those errors are normal and will build up over time. The electronics in these cars are very sensitive and the modules are in constant communication with each other. If there is a slight “glitch” (and I mean slight), an error will be thrown - and recorded. However, these modules check and re-check each other constantly so unless an error repeats itself several times (and becomes locked in), there is nothing to worry about.

What is important is if there is a locked in error, which will usually show up as a Check Engine Light - which is a better indicator of a problem. So bottom line, unless you have a Check Engine Light, or some component/feature in the car not working right, there is no need to worry. And your average SA won’t have a clue what that error log from BimmerLink is all about. A shop foreman or senior BMW tech might though.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:54 PM   #5
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
All those errors are normal and will build up over time. The electronics in these cars are very sensitive and the modules are in constant communication with each other. If there is a slight “glitch” (and I mean slight), an error will be thrown - and recorded. However, these modules check and re-check each other constantly so unless an error repeats itself several times (and becomes locked in), there is nothing to worry about.

What is important is if there is a locked in error, which will usually show up as a Check Engine Light - which is a better indicator of a problem. So bottom line, unless you have a Check Engine Light, or some component/feature in the car not working right, there is no need to worry. And your average SA won’t have a clue what that error log from BimmerLink is all about. A shop foreman or senior BMW tech might though.
Thank you, I really appreciate your response
Appreciate 0