BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long does it take to condition a CPO car?

06-14-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
irex511
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 M3, '21 X7

How long does it take to condition a CPO car?

Have been chatting with a dealer on a CPO x7 that just recently came in. We came to agreement on price, submitted deposit, etc. yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

As I'm across the country and planning to fly in to drive, I wanted to confirm whether the car would be ready Thursday evening for me to pickup. The dealer is suggesting that it takes "more than a week" for CPO conditioning and it wont be ready for pickup this week.

Anyone know what's done as a part of that process or what would drive it to take this long? This unfortunately puts it out of my window to be able to travel to get, which is a massive disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 01:09 PM   #2
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

probably depends on year and miles.

got my wife's m550i CPO 2022 but only have 2,500 miles on it and the CPO only took a few days.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

I had much the same process as you in purchasing our CPO X7 and it took nearly a week for it to earn that status. A full set of brakes/tires and then the windshield seemed to slow the process.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 03:29 PM   #4
mitch65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by irex511 View Post
Have been chatting with a dealer on a CPO x7 that just recently came in. We came to agreement on price, submitted deposit, etc. yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

As I'm across the country and planning to fly in to drive, I wanted to confirm whether the car would be ready Thursday evening for me to pickup. The dealer is suggesting that it takes "more than a week" for CPO conditioning and it wont be ready for pickup this week.

Anyone know what's done as a part of that process or what would drive it to take this long? This unfortunately puts it out of my window to be able to travel to get, which is a massive disappointment.
Takes a while, they usually have to fix curb rash on the wheels and sometimes straighten wheels when they are bent. Paintless Dent removal and/or body work, usually bumpers.

Then after brake/mechanical check a full detail. Takes longer if it was a smokers car to remove the smell.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch65 View Post
Takes a while, they usually have to fix curb rash on the wheels and sometimes straighten wheels when they are bent. Paintless Dent removal and/or body work, usually bumpers.

Then after brake/mechanical check a full detail. Takes longer if it was a smokers car to remove the smell.
Yes! This too. I bought mine online and during the FT review of the vehicle, I caught a ding I wanted addressed. So a week plus is not unusual.
Appreciate 0