BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2015 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

04-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #67
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Ferrari Formula One Car Has A Dick Butt In UPS Logo [Update: It's Gone]

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/ferrar...899856/+travis

UPS opened up a can of worms when they decided to do a photo mosaic for their logo. The idea was to use fans' Facebook photos as the background. Of course, someone had Dick Butt (which is a doodle of exactly what it sounds like) as their photo. Now Dick Butt will take a glorious ride aboard the Ferrari SF15-T. [UPDATE: He's gone now.]

It all started innocently enough. Some well meaning social media manager-type at UPS put this call for photos on the company's Facebook page:

"This is an ingenious plan to drive #brand #engagement among #millenials, I'm sure! #greatsuccess"

That wonderful mosaic logo is now complete, and ready to roll on the Ferrari. Drivers Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Räikkönen installed it on the car themselves earlier today.

A full logo of the completed mosaic can be found here on the UPS Facebook page, or here if it's deleted.

Sir Richard Butt III, Mayor of Turdlington and Grand Poobah of Phallicia, got in right above the "P:"

Oh, Internet. Bless your heart.

As much as I love that Ferrari is back and finally bringing a good fight to Mercedes, I might have gone with an image of the Ford GT40 myself.

The mosaic logo will ride on the car for the Chinese Grand Prix this weekend.

I, for one, hope that they don't suddenly pull it offline and off the car. Why punish all the regular photos that made it on the logo? Wear that Dick Butt with pride, Scuderia Ferrari and UPS. May it phhhhhrrrrrt you extra horsepower with the power of crude toilet humor.

If you're going to run a social media promotion like this, you're going to have to roll with the fact that you can't always control what your fans upload and have to say.

UPDATE [4/10]: UPS finally noticed the little wienerman and removed the image from the composite. Sorry, Internet. We'll have to find another, sneakier way to get seek vengeance for the fact that they always hold my 944 parts hostage by default. (No, I didn't want to sign for this package. Yes, I'm pretty irritated by this. Bring me my own stuff.)

RIP, Richard Butt. You made it to FP1 and FP2. Bless you, kind doodle.
      04-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #68
RllyDrvrIX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
^
Blah...blah...blah. No one gives a sh*t.

Anyone on the podium when the bottles are open is fair game to get sprayed.

Otherwise get them off the stage you morons.
Yes, thank you...

There's a door off the podium, use it or get wet.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

I don't think girls realize how much they would hate life if they were not "sex objects" or whatever they call it. As long as men are sexually attracted to girls, they will be "sex objects".