BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2015 Isle of Man TT

06-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

2015 Isle of Man TT

Here we are again! The 2015 edition of the Isle of Man TT!!!!

"There is nothing on Earth quite like the Isle of Man TT Races. No other motorcycle race is held on such a challenging track as the 37-mile plus Mountain Course with its seemingly never-ending series of bends, bumps, jumps, stone walls, manhole covers and telegraph poles.

The skill, bravery and concentration levels required are immense, with speeds approaching 200mph, and, while difficult to learn and even harder to come first, the rewards for winning on the world famous course are like no other.

No other motorsport event can boast more than 100 years of such illustrious history, rich in tradition and legends, and to have your name inscribed on a TT trophy is to sit with the gods.

TT racing captures the imagination in a way no other race can and its sheer spectacle and uniqueness ensures thousands of fans flock to the Island every May and June for their annual fix.

No other motorsport event attracts people in great numbers for an entire period of two weeks except the world famous TT Races, where fans can revel in the Island’s special mix of incredible racing and world class entertainment – and all set amongst the beautiful scenery of the Isle of Man."

2015 SCHEDULE

Practices

(Roads Close for practice at 16.45 hrs from Barrule Park, Ramsey to the Bungalow and at 17.00 hrs from the Bungalow to Creg ny Baa. The remainder of the roads on the TT Mountain Course close at 18.00 hrs).

Saturday 30th May

18.20 to 18.45 Solo Newcomers’ Speed Controlled Lap

18.35 to 19.00 Sidecar Newcomers’ Speed Controlled Lap

18.50 to 19.50 Lightweight TT / Newcomers (all solo classes)

19.55 to 20.50 Sidecars

Monday 1st June

18.20 to 19.55 Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (except Lightweight) Qualifying

20.00 to 20.50 Sidecars

Tuesday 2nd June

18.20 to 19.05 Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (except Lightweight) Qualifying
19.10 to 19.55 Supersport/Lightweight TT/ Newcomers (all Solo classes) Qualifying

20.00 to 20.50 Sidecars

Wednesday 3rd June

18.20 to 19.55 Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (except Lightweight) Qualifying

20.00 to 20.50 Sidecars

Thursday 4th June

18.20 to 19.05 Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (except Lightweight) Qualifying

19.10 to 19.55 Supersport/Lightweight TT/ Newcomers (all Solo classes) Qualifying

20.00 to 20.50 Sidecars

Friday 5th June

18.20 to 19.10 Sidecars

19.15 to 19.50 Supersport/Lightweight/Newcomers (all Solo classes)

19.55 to 20.25 Superbike/Superstock/Supersport/Newcomers (except Lightweight)

20.30 to 20.50 TT Zero Challenge

Race Day Practices

Saturday 6th June

16.05 – 16.45 Superstock/Supersport/Lightweight TT Qualifying

16.55 TT Zero Challenge Qualifying (1 lap)

Monday 8th June

12.30 Sidecar TT Qualifying (1 lap)

15.45 TT Zero Challenge Qualifying (1 lap)

Tuesday 9th June (alternate race day)

12.30 Sidecar TT Qualifying (1 lap)

15.45 TT Zero Challenge Qualifying (1 lap)

Wednesday 10th June

15.40 Senior TT Qualifying (1 lap)

15.55 Lightweight TT Qualifying (1 lap)

Thursday 11th June (alternate race day)

15.50 Senior TT Qualifying (1 lap)

16.10 Lightweight TT Qualifying (1 lap)

Race Days

(Roads close on the Mountain section of the Course 1 hour 15 minutes before the start of racing. Roads close from Barrule Park, Ramsey to The Bungalow 15 minutes prior to the road closing from The Bungalow to Creg Ny Baa – timings for Road Closures are annotated in this document on the relevant day. On the remainder of Course, roads close 45 minutes before the start of racing each day).

Saturday 6th June

11.00 TT Superbike Race 6 laps

14.00 TT Sidecar Race 1 3 laps

Monday 8th June

10.45 TT Supersport Race 1 4 laps

14.00 TT Superstock 4 laps

Wednesday 10th June

10.45 TT Zero Challenge 1 lap

12.00 TT Supersport Race 2 4 laps

14.15 TT Sidecar Race 2 3 laps

Friday 12th June

10.15 Lightweight TT Race 3 laps

12.30 Senior TT Race 6 laps

Here is last year's thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991701

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-01-2015 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hickman ready for TT return

After a three-week lay off due to injury, Peter Hickman and the Briggs Equipment BMW team returned to action at the recent Snetterton BSB test and are now eagerly looking forward to the Isle of Man TT races fuelled by Monster Energy.

27-year old Hickman made a sensational TT debut 12 months ago, scoring a best finish of 8th in the RL 360 Superstock race and becoming the fastest newcomer in the history of the event with a lap of 129.104mph in the PokerStars Senior event.

The Louth based rider will again contest the RST Superbike, RL360 Superstock and PokerStars Senior races in 2015, opting to use the same BMW S1000RR Superstock machine for all three events, and will start from number 17.

He’ll also campaign a 675cc MV Agusta for Lee Hardy Racing in the two Monster Energy Supersport events as he looks to build on his results of 2014 around the 37.73-mile course and increase his course knowledge.

Peter Hickman:

“I felt pretty good at the Snetterton test, a bit stiff obviously but it was good to get back on the bike again and get myself dialled back in again before coming to the TT. We’ve decided to just use the Superstock BMW for the three 1000cc races as it gives me one less thing to worry about. It’s only my second year and I don’t want to run before I can walk so it makes sense to make it as easy for myself as possible. Now I’m here, I can’t wait to get going and just want to start getting the laps in.”

Lee Hardy, Team Owner:

“We’re really looking forward to getting back out onto the roads and now that Peter’s got himself in a good position, fitness wise, we can’t wait for practice to get underway. He’s not quite 100% fit yet but he’s getting better all the time and although we had a few traction issues with the stocker at Snetterton, we’ve got to the bottom of them now. We’re ready for the first practice session and plan to utilise the time on the opening night for the MV Agusta to get everything dialled in. We’ve got some exciting news to be announced regarding the Supersport machine so, hopefully, the weather will be kind and Peter can get plenty of laps in.”

Monday evening will see the first full qualifying session take place for the Superbike, Superstock and Supersport machines with the action getting underway at 6.20pm although the current weather forecast is not looking good and an announcement is expected at 2pm. The following evenings will host similar sessions with the opening race, the 6-lap RST Superbike, scheduled for Saturday 6th June.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

2015 Isle Of Man TT to begin from May 30, 2015
May 29 2015 Overdrive Staff

The Isle Of Man is set to host the most fearless men on motorcycles as the Tourist Trophy (TT) returns on May 30, 2015. Over a century in the running, the famous, 60km Snaefell mountain course is the ultimate spectacle of guts and glory.

Michael Dunlop aboard the BMW S1000RR at the 2014 Isle Of Man TT

This year, multiple TT winner, John McGuinness will hop aboard a Honda CBR as he sets on his quest of raking up another TT win. McGuinness, however, will not only have to battle the treacherous course but also the winner of last years’ TT , Michael Dunlop. Nephew of TT legend and 26-time winner Joey Dunlop, the 26-year old Irishman won the 2014 Senior TT aboard a BMW S1000RR. The last time a BMW won the TT was 1939 when Georg Meier won the Senior TT. This year, Michael Dunlop will ride a 2015 Yamaha R1 in the superbike class. Dunlop signed a contract with Milwaukee Yamaha after his contract with BMW Motorrad UK ended in 2014.

Bruce Anstey will hope to beat his 2014 record breaking feat on his Valvoline Honda CBR 1000RR. The New Zealand national set a blistering time of 17 minutes and 6.682 seconds with an average speed of 212kmph record during the 2014 Dainese TT, beating John McGuinness’ 2009 record.

American racer, Mark Miller will ride a EBR1190RS for team Splitlath. Miller debuted back in 2006 and has never missed a TT event ever since. Regarded as the fastest American to lap the TT course, Miller will hope to put on a strong performance for the beleaguered Erik Buell Racing.

The Isle Of Man TT is regarded as one of most challenging road racing events in the history of motorsport. No run off-area, no kerbs, no safety nets. It’s just the rider and the machine. Riding on everyday streets, past houses, lamp posts and walls; arms and shoulders millimeters away from contact. It’s all about precision, unflinching concentration and probably lack of fear. Riding on a narrow, seemingly endless stretch of tarmac as it snakes around the Snaefell mountain course, at speeds over 300kmph it’s just bewildering to see those men disappear in a flash. The 2015 Isle Of Man TT will conclude on June 12, 2015.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:58 AM   #6
camnhoj
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2012 f10 520d M sport

Garage List
Weather is playing havoc with the meeting at the moment
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhoj View Post
Weather is playing havoc with the meeting at the moment
I heard practice got pushed back?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #8
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Is any of the TT being televised in the USA?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockz View Post
Is any of the TT being televised in the USA?
It looks like Velocity will be airing it:
http://www.cyclenews.com/56/Racing/M...-Listings.aspx
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #10
camnhoj
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...f-man-32957693

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #11
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
It looks like Velocity will be airing it:
http://www.cyclenews.com/56/Racing/M...-Listings.aspx
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gale force winds? Yikes. Steam Packet might stop ferry service today too!

Luckily tomorrow is forecast for a return to normal scheduling
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Isle of Man biker dies in hospital after crash

A motorcyclist has died after a crash on the Isle of Man, a day after the opening TT race practice session.
The 60-year-old man was taken to hospital after police were called to Mountain Road, near the Les Graham memorial on the outskirts of Douglas, at 11:25 BST.
The victim, who was visiting the island from England, was later pronounced dead.
No other vehicles were involved, police said.
Isle of Man Constabulary appealed for anyone with information to come forward.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...f-man-32952288
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/moto...tice-1-7286545

The first qualifying session of this year’s TT was curtailed by the weather on Saturday evening.

Although the rain meant the majority of F2 sidecars failed to get out on track, the lightweight class got a full session under their belts with Ryan Farquhar leading the way at 117.12mph.

The session got underway with the speed controlled lap for the solo and sidecar newcomers and TT rider liaison officer Richard ‘Milky’ Quayle, the 2002 Lightweight TT winner, led the solos away with Tom McHale, Robbin Harms and Franck Petricola behind him.

Second rider liaison officer John Barton took out his lightweight machine with Derek McGee, Dan Harrison and Geoffrey Vankoekelnbergh all similarly mounted as they got their first taste of the Mountain Course on closed roads.

Soon after it was the turn of the F2 sidecar newcomers with seasoned regulars Roy Hanks/Kevin Perry, John Holden/Dan Sayle and Tony Baker/Fiona Baker-Milligan showing the 12 debutantes around including Terry O’Reilly/Aidan Browne, Alan Warden/Stuart Clark and Pascal Gassmann/Olivier Chabloz.

Also out on track was reigning British F1 Champion Sean Hegarty making his first appearance at the TT since 1996. James Neave partnered him with their 675cc Triumph outfit certainly standing out.

The rest is here: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/moto...tice-1-7286545
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Guy Martin: 'I've all the Isle of Man TT motivation I need'

LINCOLNSHIRE rider Guy Martin insists he doesn't need extra motivation to go for his maiden race win at the Isle of Man TT this week.

This evening sees the opening qualifying session for the superbikes, superstocks and supersports, after Saturday saw this year's event get underway with the solo newcomers, lightweights and sidecars.

He told bikesportnews.com: "It used to bother me and I'd often beat myself up at the end of the fortnight when it happened, but now I don't.

"Yes, it's one of the biggest races in the world and I want to win, but at the end of the day, if there's anything I've learnt over the years, it's that there's more to life than racing motorbikes.

"It would be great to win one but it won't change my life, it'll be more a case of job done, box ticked.

"The drive to win comes from me and I don't need to look anywhere else for motivation.

"I apply the same work ethic to everything I do and always give 100 per cent when it comes to racing."
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Isle of Man TT: John McGuinness - I’m more motivated than I have been for a long time

John McGuinness knows exactly when it will be time to call it quits.

The resort’s Isle of Man TT legend turned 43 last month but isn’t going anywhere just yet as he looks ahead to the 2015 festival of racing getting underway on Saturday.

McGuiness at the 2014 IOMTT

After a wrist injury limited his efforts round the famous Mountain Course last year it would have been easy to call it a day.

But McGuinness is back again with one thing on his mind – winning.

“I’m more motivated this year than I have been for a long time,” said the Honda rider, who will have a week of practice before racing gets underway on June 6.

“We’ve worked hard to get everything right, everything how we want it.

“Last year it would have been easy to say I’ve had a great career with nothing to prove but I want to get on that top step.

“It feels good. There’s two, three or four years left in me if I really want to do it.”

McGuinness knows that it is his drive that will determine how many more times he packs up the unmistakable family motorhome and heads across the water from Heysham to the Isle of Man as he doesn’t want to simply make up the numbers.

“I hope it goes sooner rather than later to be honest,” he said.

“I don’t want to keep going back and back and falling through the field.

“When you’ve been successful the enjoyment bit is winning.

“Last year was the first time I’d been waved past the winners’ enclosure and I didn’t like that.”

Winning may be a motivator but McGuinness insists it isn’t with breaking the record for number of wins on the island in mind.

It is a topic the Morecambe ace will answer questions on several times between now and June 12 when the 2015 festival finishes as he sits on 21 wins, five behind the late, great Joey Dunlop.

He does concede however that it would be the perfect way to cap a legendary career.

“I never ever think about it until someone brings it up,” said McGuinness. “And it’s brought up all the time!

“It would be the unbelievable icing on the cake, it’s just job done isn’t it?

“To match Joey would be unbelievable. I’ve had a few cheeky little threats from over the water (Dunlop was from Northern Ireland).

“I don’t know whether they’re genuine or not. I wouldn’t want to work it out!

“But if you started off racing and somebody dealt you a pack of cards and said you’re going to win five TTs you’d probably go, ‘I’ll have that’.

“I’ve got to win five more on top of what I’ve already won to even equal it. I don’t think about it but it would be awesome to do it. It would be nice to hang your boots up at 26 wins.”

History and the form of his current rivals suggest McGuinness does have time on his side when it comes to the record but he knows it is a tall order.

“The facts are Joey won three on three different bikes at 48 which is unbelievable,” he said.

“I don’t know how long it could take.

Bruce Anstey the lap record holder is 45. He looks leaner than ever and was on the podium at the North Wests (in Northern Ireland earlier in the month).

“He doesn’t test, doesn’t ride, he just turns up. He’s a magician, a complete and utter freak of nature. We’re riding, we’re testing, going to Le Mans or Spain and he just rocks up, gets out of bed and boom he’s on the pace.

“If I keep my fitness up and the enthusiasm up then I could match Joey.

“I still think five is a lot to win. I’ve lead five other races and broken down so maybe I should be there already.”

Whatever the end number is one thing is clear. Every time John McGuinness tops a podium it feels like a bonus.

“I never thought I’d win 21,” said McGuinness.

“When I was flying round the streets in 1990 with the missus on the back I should have been in jail or through a hedge really.

“It’s been unbelievable. It goes by that quickly too.

“Where did 21 wins come from? How am I 43?”

Like time, the Morecambe Missile certainly flies when he’s having fun.

McGuinness feeling fit and strong

John McGuinness is looking forward to being fully fit at the 2015 Isle of Man TT races after being dogged by injury last year.

A wrist problem hit the Morecambe Missile’s chances 12 months ago with McGuinness admitting it maybe wasn’t wise to have raced at all.

He said: “I feel good. 
“Last year I was under the cosh a bit with the injury. I probably shouldn’t have really gone in hindsight but it’s easy to say that now.

“When you’re a racer you just think you’re fit and everything’s alright and I wasn’t really.

“I got through it the best I could but it was difficult last year.

“My mate (former team mate) Simon Andrews got killed at the North West, the wrist was still sore, I had a bad TT, I went to the Classic TT and broke down.

“And I was like ‘maybe it’s not meant to be’.

“I was struggling with some things over the winter but when my deals came together I got massively motivated once again.

“I’m all in gear, I’m ready for the next chapter.”

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/is...time-1-7279410
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockz View Post
Thanks!!

No prob I'm looking for some streaming venues as well
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Directly from the Isle of Man Constabulary:

STORM SHELTER:

We have been advised that the following premises are open for visitors to shelter from the bad weather:

Broadway Baptist Church, Douglas from 6pm.

South Douglas Old Friends, Finch Road, Douglas from 4pm.

A warm welcome will be offered at both locations.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #19
camnhoj
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/moto...tice-1-7286545

The first qualifying session of this year’s TT was curtailed by the weather on Saturday evening.

Although the rain meant the majority of F2 sidecars failed to get out on track, the lightweight class got a full session under their belts with Ryan Farquhar leading the way at 117.12mph.

The session got underway with the speed controlled lap for the solo and sidecar newcomers and TT rider liaison officer Richard ‘Milky’ Quayle, the 2002 Lightweight TT winner, led the solos away with Tom McHale, Robbin Harms and Franck Petricola behind him.

Second rider liaison officer John Barton took out his lightweight machine with Derek McGee, Dan Harrison and Geoffrey Vankoekelnbergh all similarly mounted as they got their first taste of the Mountain Course on closed roads.

Soon after it was the turn of the F2 sidecar newcomers with seasoned regulars Roy Hanks/Kevin Perry, John Holden/Dan Sayle and Tony Baker/Fiona Baker-Milligan showing the 12 debutantes around including Terry O’Reilly/Aidan Browne, Alan Warden/Stuart Clark and Pascal Gassmann/Olivier Chabloz.

Also out on track was reigning British F1 Champion Sean Hegarty making his first appearance at the TT since 1996. James Neave partnered him with their 675cc Triumph outfit certainly standing out.

The rest is here: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/moto...tice-1-7286545
#70 Derek mcgee . Up and coming irish road racer . One to watch and a true gentleman too
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

2015 Isle of Man TT Monday Qualifying Canceled

The 2015 Isle of Man TT began Saturday with some newcomer practice and the opening sessions of Qualifying for the Lightweight class, but the night F2 sidecar sessions were canceled due to nothing unusual at the Isle of Man – rain.

Rain once again plagued the tiny island in the Irish Sea on Monday, June 1. Due to this, the TT Races Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson MBE cancelled Monday qualifying “due to deteriorating conditions on the Isle of Man.”

Though rain is once again forecasts for Tuesday, qualifying is schedule to start at 6:20 p.m. GMT with the Superbike, Superstock and Supersport classes. The Supersport and Lightweight classes are scheduled to follow at 7:10 p.m., and the Sidecars at 8 p.m.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
#70 Derek mcgee . Up and coming irish road racer . One to watch and a true gentleman too
I'll keep an eye on him this week!
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 08:21 AM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hickman declared fit to race after neck injury
Peter Hickman is gearing up for a remarkable comeback from injury at the Isle of Man TT after suffering a neck break last month at Oulton Park

1 June 2015

Peter Hickman is set to make an incredible comeback from injury at the Isle of Man TT after breaking four vertebrae in his neck just four weeks ago at Oulton Park.

The RAF Reserves rider, who is preparing to contest the TT for Briggs Equipment BMW, suffered a nasty high-speed crash at the Cheshire circuit during the third round of the 2015 MCE British Superbike championship last month.

The Louth-based rider's TT plans were initially thrown into jeopardy after discovering the breaks but after testing at Snetterton last week Hickman feels he is fit enough to take on the Isle of Man.

“I felt pretty good at the Snetterton test, a bit stiff obviously but it was good to get back on the bike again and get myself dialled back in again before coming to the TT,” Hickman said.

The 27-year-old made a sensational TT debut last year by becoming the fastest ever newcomer. Hickman will contest the Superbike, Superstock and Senior races in 2015 on the BMW S1000RR Superstock machinery. Hickman will also compete in the two Supersport races on the island on a 675cc MV Agusta for Lee Hardy Racing.

Although he is delighted to be fit enough to race at the TT, Hickman is well-aware he should not push himself too hard and risk further injury on the unforgiving 37.73-mile course.

“It's only my second year and I don't want to run before I can walk so it makes sense to make it as easy for myself as possible,” he said. “Now I'm here, I can't wait to get going and just want to start getting the laps in.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hickman to ride TT on MV

Cheshire family brewers Robinsons are supplying a 675cc MV Agusta for Peter Hickman in next week’s Supersport races.

The fastest newcomer in TT history is now recovered from rib fractures suffered in a spill at Oulton Park last month.

Hickman will be riding the Trooper-sponsored MV triple for the Lee Hardy Racing team in the two four-lap Supersport races on Monday and Wednesday.

‘I’m really excited to be involved with Robinsons and the Trooper brand for this year’s ,’ said Peter yesterday.

‘The bike looks absolutely fantastic and the team have done a great job getting it prepared and ready to race. I can’t wait to fly down Bray Hill for the first time on it. I’d like to thank Jack Valentine of Valmoto for letting us use it.’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Hickman revving up for Isle of Man TT charge

LOUTH speedster Peter Hickman is counting down the minutes until his second Isle of Man charge gets underway.

Having recovered from injury, the 27-year-old, below, is well-placed to build on his impressive TT debut 12 months ago.

Last night's qualifying session was cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

And that means the popular event is set for a delayed start tonight, with Superbikes, Superstock and Supersport getting out from 6.20pm.

n 2014, Hickman finished eighth in the RL360 Superstock – and he became the fastest newcomer in TT history with a lap of 129.104mph in the PokerStars Senior event.

And this year, the Lincolnshire racer will again contest the RST Superbike, RL360 Superstock and PokerStars Senior races.

Hickman will jump on board the same BMW S1000RR Superstock machine for all three events – starting from number 17.

He will also campaign a 675cc MV Agusta for Lee Hardy Racing in the two Monster Energy Supersport events.

Hickman (pictured) said: "I felt pretty good at my latest test, a bit stiff obviously but it was good to get back on the bike again and get myself dialled back in again before coming to the TT.

"We've decided to just use the Superstock BMW for the three 1000cc races as it gives me one less thing to worry about.

"It's only my second year and I don't want to run before I can walk so it makes sense to make it as easy for myself as possible.

"But now I'm here, I can't wait to get going and just want to start getting the laps in."
Appreciate 0