BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How willing is BMW to help??

11-16-2019, 12:12 AM   #1
tco19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 40i

How willing is BMW to help??

I currently am half way thru my lease with Cadillac and am ready to say goodbye to GM forever and move on to better things (M50I). Anyone have any idea of how willing BMW is to get me out of my lease (hopefully without negative equity) in order for them to get my business?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:55 AM   #2
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

Doubt you'll walk away without taking some sort of hit unless your vehicle has an unusually low payoff/residual and/or you're very under on miles. You may be better off trying to sell to a third party like Carmax.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #3
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tco19 View Post
I currently am half way thru my lease with Cadillac and am ready to say goodbye to GM forever and move on to better things (M50I). Anyone have any idea of how willing BMW is to get me out of my lease (hopefully without negative equity) in order for them to get my business?
Check with VROOM and Carvana. They will buy it and get you out of your lease. If you check this site you will find many threads where people have sold to either. Search for, "sold one to Vroom" or "Carvana".

https://forum.leasehackr.com
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tco19 View Post
Well BMW wouldn't be the one getting you out of your lease or getting your business, that would be the dealer you're working with.

BMW does provide regional loyalty or conquest incentives to dealers that allows them to potentially assist in earning your business. In the past BMW has provided a 2 to 3 pull ahead program for BMW leasees but that program hasn't been offered in the past 3 years.

But if you're 1.5 yr into a 3 yr lease, any dealer will be able to get you out of current lease - they'll pay it off and roll the negative equity into your next lease.

There's no free lunch when it comes to leasing. Your best option is to put yours up like a Swapalease or check out Vroom or Carvana as the previous member recommended.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/swapa...ensus/55172/10

Appreciate 0