BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

03-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #287
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post
Well my "recovery" drink has always been protein. I don't know what the other options are, I just know this typically works for me!
Check this recovery drink out. Its similar to the beachbody recovery drink and less expensive.
http://www.accelsport.com/product-info/EnduroxR4.html
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #288
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
So how soon did you guys start seeing results. Im starting phase 2 on monday and would say my body hasnt changed all that much. I feel a lot stronger though
I've read blogs and most people seem to see results after the 30 day mark. Also, most people quit within the first 30 days because they see no progress and its probably cuz they've never worked out and the body is in shock mode. I'm sure you'll see results in the next 30 days. Don't give up man!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #289
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

I was just lurking around M3post and saw this thread.

I had to try to P90x..and man did it almost kill me. I got an ACL reconstructive surgery 3 months ago so I could only do few of the work-outs but still it was enough to make me almost faint.....I had to lie down for a good 10 minutes.

Hopefully, my knee heals up soon so I could do this for the full 90 days.

BTW, after doing chest-back for one day and abs for 2 days, I could def. see this program working.
      03-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #290
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

damn rest week makes such a huge difference. I did day one of phase 2 yesterday and my tits look like a b cup. lol

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #291
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: really slowly

Quote:
damn rest week makes such a huge difference. I did day one of phase 2 yesterday and my tits look like a b cup. lol
loll.......im not really sure if ur a dude or a chick
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #292
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
loll.......im not really sure if ur a dude or a chick
lol was thinking the same thing!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #293
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Lol I'm a guy. I was implying that my chest grew. That joke flew right over your heads haha

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #294
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Lol I'm a guy. I was implying that my chest grew. That joke flew right over your heads haha
hahahha, good to know...... i was under the impression that u were a chick with saggy c-cup that firmed up into a b-cup.........very plausible dun u think?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #295
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

This conversation is soo straying away from P90x XD
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #296
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

I want to play this game! 5$ only" Lets raise that shit!

I did P90X for month and I took a week off and I cheated here and there but not too much and I still look legit. Should I post a pic of before I started or my "after," picture i took last night?

I started over last night. Day 1 of week 1 complete.

We should add each other on facebook, 100x more easier to comment and see each other.

(For those who are too embarrassed to post pics on Facebook, you can make your pics or album PRIVATE so only we can see it)

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #297
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
I want to play this game! 5$ only" Lets raise that shit!

I did P90X for month and I took a week off and I cheated here and there but not too much and I still look legit. Should I post a pic of before I started or my "after," picture i took last night?

I started over last night. Day 1 of week 1 complete.

We should add each other on facebook, 100x more easier to comment and see each other.

(For those who are too embarrassed to post pics on Facebook, you can make your pics or album PRIVATE so only we can see it)

Your cheating already tisk tisk...
Im down to raise the stakes but this is more of a fun thing. Now I think even if we do this people should log not only workouts but also diet as well. I got fat and started March 1. I started at 236 and im now at 220, but I leave 0 room for cheating and workout 2x a day. I will post my pics on my 30day mark.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #298
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
What do your MAIN MEALS consist of daily? I just got back from Costco and bought Alaskan salmon, Chicken breasts, egg beaters and ESS protein. Hope I don't get bored of the same stuff day after day!
Other than the salmon, that's pretty much my meal every single day. Although dinner differs almost everyday.

I've eaten a chicken breast at work twice a day (11:30 & 2:00) for the last 3 years. I'll mix it up with rice or bread from time to time. It's never once bothered me. It bothers everyone else at work that i can eat the same thing day after day. But no one in my department, with the exception of one girl works out as much as i do nor eats as healthy as i do.

Started eating 2 boiled eggwhites and 1 whole egg with a whole grain/flax seed english muffin for the last month and I'm loving it. I use to just eat a bowl of cereal.

For those of you that are new to this healthier eating lifestyle, wait until they bring in cake/ice cream for something and while they're pigging out you walk out with your chicken and veggie/fruit. The stares and comments are hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #299
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

We should keep this p90x 90 day thing to 5 bucks each.

We've all started on the routine now. Do any of you recall the official end date of this friendly competition we are having??

Most of the ppl at work don't comment on what I eat, mainly cuz I go to the gym and come back with something healthy whereas they go out and eat (i used to have lunch with them). What I did notice is that whenever there is a afterwork outing or some event, I'm one of the last people to know how cuz I'm not with them as much. They don't even bother asking to join em for lunch even when they see me without the gym bag (aka my rest day).

Last edited by Garduna; 03-18-2010 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #300
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

LMAO. I'm glad I'm the only one who posted his day 1 picture. Thanks for leaving me hanging fellas!

Everything is going well here, I have started skipping Plyometrics. My neighbors did indeed come upstairs to ask me what the hell I was doing. I just substituted it with running 3 miles in the morning before work (FML).

My diet is still holding pretty strong, any recommendations on snacks (post dinner)? I've been trying not to eat past 9, but with my food portions being smaller, I still have cravings. Shoulders and arms in about 15 minutes, woo!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #301
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
LMAO. I'm glad I'm the only one who posted his day 1 picture. Thanks for leaving me hanging fellas!

Everything is going well here, I have started skipping Plyometrics. My neighbors did indeed come upstairs to ask me what the hell I was doing. I just substituted it with running 3 miles in the morning before work (FML).

My diet is still holding pretty strong, any recommendations on snacks (post dinner)? I've been trying not to eat past 9, but with my food portions being smaller, I still have cravings. Shoulders and arms in about 15 minutes, woo!
Have you considered greek yogurt with a little bit of fruit in it? Or perhaps a very small bowl of skim milk/high fiber cereal. Whatever you decide to eat, don't touch the high sugar or sodium foods.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #302
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

So how does this work? Should I post up my pics? I know Im ganna win

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #303
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep

Finished Day 1 of Phase 2 (after doing an extra 2 week of phase 1) and decided to weigh myself............

Lost 7lbs in 6 weeks!!!! I haven't noticed much change my in my gut......its still there, but my arms and chest seems to be shaping up. I should probably mention that i've subsititued the Pylo and Kempo for more traditional cardio activies, ie: running, jogging, eliptical etc. So that might be why im not seeing any loss in my midsection.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #304
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vino View Post
Finished Day 1 of Phase 2 (after doing an extra 2 week of phase 1) and decided to weigh myself............

Lost 7lbs in 6 weeks!!!! I haven't noticed much change my in my gut......its still there, but my arms and chest seems to be shaping up. I should probably mention that i've subsititued the Pylo and Kempo for more traditional cardio activies, ie: running, jogging, eliptical etc. So that might be why im not seeing any loss in my midsection.
Congrats, you've started in losing all that extra sugar/sodium and fat Keep it up!

Hey Turbo, I say we post all pics at the same time to makes things interesting
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #305
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep

I still dont understand how this all works tho...........assuming that phase 2 is where most of the physical transformation takes place........ how is it possible that in 3 1hr workouts (3 weeks of phase 2 working each muscle group once a week) we're able to get cut like that???
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #306
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
How time flies.. I am on week 5 and I have seen some major results..
lost almost 15lbs, and now I am starting to see the cuts.. lol
Started around 170 or so, now I'm down to 155..

diet
Breakfast: oatmeal
snack: any kind of fruit I got at the time
lunch: Salad with chicken, sometime I switch it up with fresh broccoli or spinich
snack: Dried cranberries
Dinner: Brown or wild rice fish or chicken with grilled asparagus. Steak once a week

Tons of water..
Gold standard 100% whey protein
and the p90x recovery drink..
      03-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #307
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

It really depends on your diet. Walnuts and yogurt/greek yogurt (as mentioned above) is a good alternative. I eat cheese (sometimes with low sodium whole grain crackers) on occasion.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #308
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

I just finished day 13... basically halfway through Phase 1 now!! So far not seeing a ton of changes other than looking and feeling slimmer in the waist and ass haha! I'm going away this weekend, so I'm gonna have to switch up my schedule slightly by jumping right into Chest and Back tomorrow morning, making Saturday my rest day and then doing Plyo when I come back home on Sunday night. I'm sure it will be a struggle but I'm committed to staying on schedule!

Appreciate 0