BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2012 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #67
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Nice race, glad to see Webber pick up another win.

Maldonado could have a promising future in nascar.
      07-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #68
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
Nice race, glad to see Webber pick up another win.

Maldonado could have a promising future in nascar.
So he got a 10K fine, can't really see that having much impact on his uncanny ability to take other drivers out. To be fair this was the one incident of several this season involving him that he is probably least at fault for.
      07-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #69
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Great race, RBR called the perfect strategy for MW, it looked like Alonso was gonna cruise to a victory but MW did an amazing job keeping faith in the strategy and it worked out perfectly

McLaren indeed have perfect pitstops, prob the best of any team but the cars didn't have the pace for whatever reason, thought they brought LH in too soon after the second stint, but either way, there was no pace in the car, maybe they were expecting rain
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #70
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

F***ing Maldanado! I know it's been said before, but he needs a harsh penalty after this one. It's just one after another where he's not adhering to the rules, putting another driver's life at risk, and getting minimal penalties.

in other news, GREAT race by webbo! Probably the best start I've seen him make. ever.

W T F is going on at mclaren?
      07-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #71
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
F***ing Maldanado! I know it's been said before, but he needs a harsh penalty after this one. It's just one after another where he's not adhering to the rules, putting another driver's life at risk, and getting minimal penalties.

in other news, GREAT race by webbo! Probably the best start I've seen him make. ever.

W T F is going on at mclaren?
The more I read the more I think McLaren had a base wet setup and had to reign it back for the dry race.

Also regarding Button, in the post race BBC forum Jensen said that after Bahrain he went a different direction with his car/setup and that it as a mistake. I found that comment interesting.
      07-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #72
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
The more I read the more I think McLaren had a base wet setup and had to reign it back for the dry race.

Also regarding Button, in the post race BBC forum Jensen said that after Bahrain he went a different direction with his car/setup and that it as a mistake. I found that comment interesting.
Yeah i keep reading/hearing that more and more as the season progresses i think back to when Seb went with the older exhuast and lost a lot of pace compared to Webber. when he returned to the current setup for this season he regained that pace and won bahrain.

Early on I though it may be Lewis' new outlook/demeaner or maybe the car suuited his aggresisve driving style more, but continually being outqualified and outpaced (TWICE being LAPPED by your sister car should not happen) should raise eyebrows that maybe whatever direction you're going is wrong.

He's still confident, or at least sounds it, that he can still regain his form from early this season. Hopefully he does it SOON. I'm tired of rooting for him to get INTO the points instead hoping he can get a podium! lol
      07-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #73
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Hey if it doesn't rain we have Maldonado - who will he take out next? Love Perez's comments that "he's stupid and doesn't belong here". You rarely hear that kind of comment in public from an F1 driver. Of course we also now have Kobayashi taking out assorted mechanics.
      07-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #74
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Hey if it doesn't rain we have Maldonado - who will he take out next? Love Perez's comments that "he's stupid and doesn't belong here". You rarely hear that kind of comment in public from an F1 driver. Of course we also now have Kobayashi taking out assorted mechanics.
I'm surprised he finished the race. He kept yelling sorry!

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #75
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Must say that at least Kamui who is an aggressive driver has a decent level of sensibility (this is despite the bowling over of some pit crew) vs Maldonado!

Last edited by jonasaurus; 07-11-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #76
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I'm just sick of Maldonado, especially watched his past encounters in Formula Renault and GP2.
      07-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #77
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
But he was yelling Banzai! as he drove in.
      07-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #78
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I'm just sick of Maldonado, especially watched his past encounters in Formula Renault and GP2.
His crash in the 2005 WSR Monaco race earned him a lifetime street circuit ban. 1 guess on how he got it lifted...
      07-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #79
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
His crash in the 2005 WSR Monaco race earned him a lifetime street circuit ban. 1 guess on how he got it lifted...
Well, his father intervened and promised to pay for the marshal's recovery and rehab. Thus the ban lifted, or rescinded.

http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/forum/inde...topic=15443.0&

Quote:
A favourite for victory this weekend, Pastor Maldonado is reportedly lucky to be gearing up to race in the Principality at all.

Bild newspaper recalls that the Venezuelan, who defied his ’pay driver’ critics by winning for Williams in Spain two weeks ago, was actually banned after an horror incident on the streets of Monte Carlo seven years ago.

Racing in the Renault World Series in 2005, the then 25-year-old ignored yellow flags before striking and severely injuring a marshal.

Organisers of the Monaco grand prix reacted by banning Maldonado from the street circuit for life.

Germany’s Bild revealed that Maldonado’s wealthy father intervened, promising to pay for the marshal’s recovery and rehabilitation from a broken back.

That intervention saved Maldonado’s future formula one career, as no team would hire a regular driver that cannot participate in the sport’s most famous race.

Maldonado is therefore a favourite for victory this weekend, with his Williams now acknowledged as arguably the best in the entire field when it comes to slow-speed traction.

And in his four seasons of GP2 between 2007 and 2010, Maldonado finished on the podium each time, winning and achieving pole position twice. In 2006, he won in Formula Renault.

Last year, in qualifying for his first Monaco grand prix, he qualified his then struggling Williams in eighth place, comfortably ahead of Rubens Barrichello.

"He is very good at Monaco," agreed Barrichello.

In the 2011 race, Maldonado was fighting for fifth when he crashed with Lewis Hamilton.

"If the last sector in Barcelona is the marker, then the Williams will be unbeatable in Monte Carlo," Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport quotes Dr Helmut Marko as saying.

The breakthrough success in Barcelona has piqued the interest of Maldonado’s native Venezuela, having not had an F1 points scorer since the ignominious Johnny Cecotto in 1983.

"My country will be following every second of the next race," Maldonado is quoted by O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper.

"I love street circuits, this one in particular. My style of driving fits perfectly with Monaco. I am ready to get another great result."
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/B...aco,42278.html