BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Trump says no to 0% auto tariff to EU

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
WestRace
Lieutenant
193
Rep
548
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.

iTrader: (0)

Trump says no to 0% auto tariff to EU

EU offers him 0% tariff on auto. He said no because EU don't want GM cars so it's not fair deal. I personally don't want GM cars either lols. I am fine with my 17 year old M.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 11:01 PM   #2
BigSky702
Captain
BigSky702's Avatar
396
Rep
698
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

How much longer do we have to deal with this.... person?!?!
Appreciate 1
jmg6348.50

      03-25-2019, 04:00 AM   #3
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
EU offers him 0% tariff on auto. He said no because EU don't want GM cars so it's not fair deal. I personally don't want GM cars either lols. I am fine with my 17 year old M.
There are a few saving graces. I love my Corvette and the Cadillacs now are pretty decent. Still a little too plasticy for me at the price points they want new. But you can have a great car for not much money if you buy one used.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 05:10 AM   #4
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
There are a few saving graces. I love my Corvette and the Cadillacs now are pretty decent. Still a little too plasticy for me at the price points they want new. But you can have a great car for not much money if you buy one used.
Corvette performance/price Trumps plastic crapastic interior.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Corvette performance/price Trumps plastic crapastic interior.
I was talking about the Cadillacs in that regard. My Corvette doesnít seem to plasticy on the inside. I think itís pretty decent.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 07:18 AM   #6
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
12522
Rep
6,474
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
How much longer do we have to deal with this.... person?!?!
6 more years. And no...I'm not tired of winning! Keep it coming, Mr. Trump!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 4
SakhirM48912.00
scostu916.50
arkie6279.00

      03-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
Deniz4
New Member
Canada
6
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4m
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hawkesbury On.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
6 more years. And no...I'm not tired of winning! Keep it coming, Mr. Trump!
Not exactly, that is the electoral college vote result.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:12 AM   #8
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
12522
Rep
6,474
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz4 View Post
Not exactly, that is the electoral college vote result.


Reading Is Fundamental. It says a Map of Where Mr. Trump became President. He became president for the entire US, despite the fantasy of what others think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 3
Joekerr4066.50
SakhirM48912.00
arkie6279.00

      03-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #9
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
841
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

This is reminiscent of when Bush was complaining to the Japanese about not buying US cars. We made cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side (I think there was an exception or two) for their roads and our cars were crap.
__________________
E82 / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 2
MKSixer12522.00
Deniz45.50

      03-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #10
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4067
Rep
1,549
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
EU offers him 0% tariff on auto. He said no because EU don't want GM cars so it's not fair deal. I personally don't want GM cars either lols. I am fine with my 17 year old M.


Hopefully it lasts a good while longer too! Since tariffs will most likely just raise the price in the States on the consumer, it may be difficult to afford another M for a while.

That being said, bring it on Trump! Maybe...just maybe...BMW and the rest will take notice of a little country called Canada, just directly north and start actually pretending we are important to them.

But most likely that's just a pipe dream. What is far more likely to happen in my esteemed opinion, is that BMW et al over there will somehow find a way to make us Canadians pay for the US tariffs (indirectly of course - probably some spiel about how Canada's territory is soooo large and shipping costs are soooo much and that's why there is such a price increase from the exact same model from Canada to the US)...and things tick along just fine in the US and EU just like before.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #11
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I was talking about the Cadillacs in that regard. My Corvette doesnít seem to plasticy on the inside. I think itís pretty decent.
I like the vette but wifey needs an automatic...don't get me going on that reliability issue...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:22 AM   #12
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

But most likely that's just a pipe dream. What is far more likely to happen in my esteemed opinion, is that BMW et al over there will somehow find a way to make us Canadians pay for the US tariffs (indirectly of course - probably some spiel about how Canada's territory is soooo large and shipping costs are soooo much and that's why there is such a price increase from the exact same model from Canada to the US)...and things tick along just fine in the US and EU just like before.
I see you've been dipping into the Crown Royal this morning...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:29 AM   #13
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
I like the vette but wifey needs an automatic...don't get me going on that reliability issue...
I have an 2017 2LT A8, 21000 miles, no issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #14
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I have an 2017 2LT A8, 21000 miles, no issues.
Yet...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #15
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Yet...
We could say that about evidence found of Russian collusion or your significant other cheating on you. Not you specifically, just anyone in general.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #16
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
We could say that about evidence found of Russian collusion or your significant other cheating on you. Not you specifically, just anyone in general.
Are you the one that's been texting my wife??

In all seriousness I hope you never have the A8 issues plaguing others, it's a brilliant performer.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #17
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1303
Rep
2,156
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Are you the one that's been texting my wife??

In all seriousness I hope you never have the A8 issues plaguing others, it's a brilliant performer.
Nope, Iím on the straight and narrow. I was 60/40 on getting a manual but with DC traffic, I got the A8. It isnít perfect and Iím spoiled driving both DCT and PDK but it does a great job overall and is pretty quick shifting. I love getting 32-33mpg on the highway since I drive kind of crazy sometimes on the street. My fuel economy has averaged 24.6mpg over my time owning it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #18
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
3947
Rep
4,927
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
How much longer do we have to deal with this.... person?!?!
Six more years. That should give the loons plenty of time to come up with another bullshit conspiracy theory to try and get him out of there.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer12522.00
SakhirM48912.00

      03-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #19
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4067
Rep
1,549
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I have an 2017 2LT A8, 21000 miles, no issues.
21,000 miles? Is that a typo and there should be an extra zero?

Seems odd to brag about no issues on such few miles. Or else the bar is pathetically low - not sure, never did any research.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #20
Z K
Brigadier General
Z K's Avatar
United_States
1368
Rep
4,778
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post


Reading Is Fundamental. It says a Map of Where Mr. Trump became President. He became president for the entire US, despite the fantasy of what others think.
He is through the electoral college. But that doesn't mean the majority of Americans voted for him.

So yes, winning is winning but that also means the majority of Americans did not want him.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
.2pdk
Banned
3994
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
So yes, winning is winning but that also means the majority of Americans did not want him.
So in essence what you're saying is only the Americans that count won here.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:07 PM   #22
Z K
Brigadier General
Z K's Avatar
United_States
1368
Rep
4,778
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
So in essence what you're saying is only the Americans that count won here.
I don't know what you're trying to infer here but he won fair and square. I'm not debating that. But the majority of Americans did not vote for him. That approval isn't getting any better as the years go by.

So you're saying the majority of American citizens don't count? Screw them huh?
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Appreciate 1
Jockey1682.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST