BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2022 X7 - Instrument Cluster goes black / black

03-23-2024, 06:53 PM   #1
ZJJ19
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i

Hi All,

I know a few of us reported similar issue but couldn’t find anyone that has the same problem as mine.

Anyway, I have this issue happens on my car, where the instrument cluster (the one in front of driver) will goes blank when the car is unlock and engine startup. No issue with HUD and the control display (the one in the middle).

However, I noticed that it will only happens if the car image on instrument cluster is showing as X5 rather than the actual car which is X7. See photo attached for reference.

If it’s an actual car image (X7) showing up when the car is unlock and engine startup, the issue will not occur.

However, if X5 is showing up, the instrument cluster will goes blank. Sometime, it will recover itself ( the display went blank then come back on itself). Sometime reboot the idrive will resolve the issue, but sometime reboot will not resolve.

It started to happens the day before I brought in for a service. Mentioned the issue to the service advisor, but they couldn’t find any fault. Dealer updated the software. However, the issue is still happening.

I’m going to bring in to the dealer again, but just wondering if this happens to anyone and what’s the resolution?

Update 29/3 - Dealer is going to replace the ‘programming control unit’, part coming from Germany, finger crossed.
Attached Images

Last edited by ZJJ19; 03-24-2024 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0