forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Parking Assistance Package

07-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
Frqnj
Rep
Drives: MB E43, BMW X7

Parking Assistance Package

I was tracking my '19 X7 40i order and I noticed that under the Parking Assistance Package I had ordered there was listed Oxford Ed. Student Credit instead of previously Surround View with 3D View. There is still listed Parking Assistant Plus.

I also noticed that the USA online configurator no longer had the package available to order.

I'm getting a really bad feeling that they have run out of parts and are just taking it out of the build. If so, how could they do that and what is my recourse in a situation where I've waiting a while for this custom ordered vehicle and it not being to spec.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

They took gesture control off my build. I got the $ credit for the trouble. That’s kind of a gimmick, but I’d be surprised if they swap out the cameras without notification.

If so, your recourse is to not take the car. Hopefully it won’t come to that, but if it did I’d hope the dealer could At least give you break on a 2020 reorder.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
Frqnj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann33 View Post
They took gesture control off my build. I got the $ credit for the trouble. That’s kind of a gimmick, but I’d be surprised if they swap out the cameras without notification.

If so, your recourse is to not take the car. Hopefully it won’t come to that, but if it did I’d hope the dealer could At least give you break on a 2020 reorder.
Thanks. I'm really hoping this is just a glitch. It's a major feature to be deleted and not told about. I'm having my CA look into it. I don't think I'd accept the car without it, even though it may not seem a big deal.
It's odd that my build still lists gesture control. Do they just delete options that they run out of parts for during that cycle. That to me just sounds crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
dmann33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frqnj View Post
Thanks. I'm really hoping this is just a glitch. It's a major feature to be deleted and not told about. I'm having my CA look into it. I don't think I'd accept the car without it, even though it may not seem a big deal.
It's odd that my build still lists gesture control. Do they just delete options that they run out of parts for during that cycle. That to me just sounds crazy.
I think gesture control came back "in stock". They irony was that when I configured my car gesture control was required. You could not uncheck the $190 option in the configurator. Then it came without it. My left the factory on May 2. Keep us posted on your cameras. It was a feature I considered taking off, but very glad to have it. It is well executed.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
Frqnj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann33 View Post
I think gesture control came back "in stock". They irony was that when I configured my car gesture control was required. You could not uncheck the $190 option in the configurator. Then it came without it. My left the factory on May 2. Keep us posted on your cameras. It was a feature I considered taking off, but very glad to have it. It is well executed.
I will. Thanks.
I’m happy you got yours mostly to order. The gesture control is certainly something I could forgo easily. But as you said the cameras can really help especially with such a larger vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #6
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Mine arrived the 2nd week of June and has gestures control and parking assist.
Appreciate 0