BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Car seats with captains

05-27-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
328_X5_X7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tesla Model 3

Car seats with captains

Anyone have any feedback on their experience with forward facing car seats in the captains chairs. My oldest will be in a booster soon but the youngest has a few more years. I am somewhat concerned about the usability of the third row with the tether anchor being in the floor with the captains. TIA

Last edited by 328_X5_X7; 05-27-2023 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 06:03 AM   #2
MSPGI
Rep
Drives: Jeep

We have two Graco extend 2 fit car seats in the captains chairs. I am the primary driver and shorter (5’4”), but I am easily able to get in the car between the first and second row and slide between the chairs to get in the back. When the drivers chair is in my 6’3” husband’s position, I need to move it forward or go in on the passenger side. We have the captains chairs as far back as they go except about half an inch or an inch to allow the third row to move up and down. Once the car seat is installed there is minimal movement of the captains chairs as you can anticipate.. I think with one car seat and a booster seat you should be totally fine depending on the size of third row occupant and how often you need to utilize it.

I cross shopped an Escalade for this reason as I was concerned about the X7 with two car seats and questioning adding a third. Actually, it’s still on order as I wanted to get in the X7 for a solid few months to fully decide. After a few weeks with our X7 I can confidently say it isn’t an issue and we will be keeping it. It feels a lot more spacious and usable with two car seats than I anticipated.

If you want I can take pictures. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 12:36 PM   #3
328_X5_X7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tesla Model 3

so helpful! Any pics you can share would be great- thank you. Do you have any issue with the tether getting in the way when sitting in the third row?
Appreciate 0