forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum XB7 Vehicle Trackers

03-22-2024, 07:33 PM   #1
gnews77
Rep
Drives: 2024 Alpina XB7

XB7 Vehicle Trackers

Question for those who have custom ordered XB7s, how long did your vehicle stay in the Quality Check phase? I have read all of the threads on Bimmerpost about production timelines and I know that QC can take minutes or weeks depending on a multitude of factors, and that the factory will not normally tell dealers or BMW Genius the reason.

My XB7 has a production date of 03/27, but entered the exterior body assembly phase on Tuesday 03/19 and quickly progressed through before being stuck in the QC phase for the last 2 and a half days (Using the F12 trick, my production date is still listed as 03/27). Is that because the car has been sent to the Alpina factory for their modifications, or is there another reason that my specific XB7 is stuck in the QC phase? I called the genius line, and they did not know if the 03/27 production date was for the BMW portion of the vehicle, or the entire thing post Alpina Modifications.

I know I'm still on track for an on time production, but after reading the horror stories of QC hell, I'm immediately assuming the worst, and hoping an XB7 owner can put my mind at ease, or at least give me an answer.

Thanks in Advance!
Appreciate 0