BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum New recall

03-08-2024, 03:31 PM   #45
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: XM, M4c F82, F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybb View Post
Bit of an update today from bmw car has to have a visual inspection then after that if needed parts will be ordered so might not need parts ? They said they keep me informed
I have also been updated last weekend on Saturday, that my XM has gone from stop sale to a recall and we have to wait for the parts now, and there is no time frame for the job to be completed. I have got a 330e as a courtesy car from the manager but am waiting on another bigger courtesy vehicle from bmw - they can even sort out an suv as a courtesy car for the past 10 days.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 03:35 PM   #46
kennybb
Private
Rep
Drives: XM

I was told Thursday some of the parts have arrived . They gave me a x3 with 309 miles on 8 weeks ago I asked for a better car with dealer and BMW uk theysaid no lol there car has now got 4000 miles on it and someone smashed into the side of it motor way luckie the person called bmw and admitted fault I’ve asked for the car be swooped heard nothing back
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 07:46 AM   #47
kennybb
Private
Rep

Little update car and parts finally arived to fix the braking system just been dropped to mechanics today so there hoping do the work today and clear the stop should be able then register car tomorrow
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2024, 01:43 PM   #48
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Little update car and parts finally arived to fix the braking system just been dropped to mechanics today so there hoping do the work today and clear the stop should be able then register car tomorrow

Good for you buddy, I am still in the dark! I have started noticing some i7’s and XM’s popping out in my area so I really don’t know why am I still waiting. I have requested a bigger car than the 330e as it really isn’t ideal for any more than 2 people because of the leg space at the back but they didn’t really bother with my request… Will keep waiting i guess. Glad for you tho, enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:46 PM   #49
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor2000 View Post
Good for you buddy, I am still in the dark! I have started noticing some i7’s and XM’s popping out in my area so I really don’t know why am I still waiting. I have requested a bigger car than the 330e as it really isn’t ideal for any more than 2 people because of the leg space at the back but they didn’t really bother with my request… Will keep waiting i guess. Glad for you tho, enjoy your car!
I can probably answer that for you. As far as the XM is concerned, this only seems to impact vehicles built through mid-September, so any XMs built after that would not be part of this recall campaign. Here in the US, it only takes about six weeks to order and receive a new vehicle built at the Spartanburg plant which is where the XM‘s are built. Add a few more weeks for those of you in the UK.

What was your production date? I guarantee you any XM you’re seeing flying off the dealer lots were built after mid-September.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:50 PM   #50
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I remember you saying that bmw uk promised you to be heavily reimbursed, please share with us what was the reimbursement as i will be going through the same thing, hopefully very soon! 🤣
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:05 PM   #51
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I can probably answer that for you. As far as the XM is concerned, this only seems to impact vehicles built through mid-September, so any XMs built after that would not be part of this recall campaign. Here in the US, it only takes about six weeks to order and receive a new vehicle built at the Spartanburg plant which is where the XM‘s are built. Add a few more weeks for those of you in the UK.

What was your production date? I guarantee you any XM you’re seeing flying off the dealer lots were built after mid-September.
Hello mate, i can see my XM was registered on 30th of June 2023 but i am not sure of the production date. Just been updated that my bmw dealer has not received any parts for the repair of the recall yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:14 PM   #52
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hello mate, i can see my XM was registered on 30th of June 2023 but i am not sure of the production date. Just been updated that my bmw dealer has not received any parts for the repair of the recall yet.
I don’t know what you mean by “registered” exactly, but if it was “registered” in July, then it was certainly built before mid-September of 2023. Any XMs that your dealer is selling off the lot today were built after that which are not impacted by this recall.

A few other points of interest regarding BMW recalls: When these global recalls happen, BMW always takes care of the vehicles sitting at the VPCs first followed by NEW vehicles at the dealer lots. Only after those vehicles have received the parts and those recalls have been completed, is when they open it up to pre-owned vehicles and customer-owned vehicles. With global parts shortages, these things can take quite some time. Last year’s airbag recalls on 3 years worth of X1’s and 2 years of iX’s took nearly 8 months.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 12:33 PM   #53
kennybb
Private
Rep

BMW just called me the brake system parts have been installed and all working fine but there a software update now and that can’t be done because the battery dropped below 75percent as it’s been sat for 8 weeks so they had to order a new battery coming tomorrow and then do the update they have to do this before they can register the car and he’s saying might take a day after the update to clear the recall to then register the car lol you can’t make this stuff up . I’m hoping I can get the car tomorrow night or Saturday as he’s working weekend .
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 03:49 PM   #54
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Did they tell you anything about the compensation they promised?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:15 AM   #55
kennybb
Private
Rep

Not yet I’m waiting for them ring me say the car ready once I’m in the garage and I no the cars ready to go I’m in a stronger position to see what I can get off them will keep you informed
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2024, 04:28 AM   #56
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 02:35 PM   #57
kennybb
Private
Rep

Went to collect my new XM today after being on hold 3 months they put the keys in my hand all ready to go . I asked them what my compensation will be they promised me asked me what I wanted I said wanted my ppf paying car was sold to me 2k over what should of been and been offered another one 5k cheaper they said they ask bmw uk and get back to me I said well I’m not going take the car away as once I take the car you can not give me anything I was told to wait while bmw uk got back to them waited a hour said you will have to leave the car come back tomorrow I gave them there curtasy car back and canceled the car asked for my deposite back . Had get a taxi home he’s emailed me asking if it’s ok if once bmw uk get back to him tomorrow it’s still ok call me lol
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2024, 03:47 PM   #58
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Went to collect my new XM today after being on hold 3 months they put the keys in my hand all ready to go . I asked them what my compensation will be they promised me asked me what I wanted I said wanted my ppf paying car was sold to me 2k over what should of been and been offered another one 5k cheaper they said they ask bmw uk and get back to me I said well I’m not going take the car away as once I take the car you can not give me anything I was told to wait while bmw uk got back to them waited a hour said you will have to leave the car come back tomorrow I gave them there curtasy car back and canceled the car asked for my deposite back . Had get a taxi home he’s emailed me asking if it’s ok if once bmw uk get back to him tomorrow it’s still ok call me lol
You’re absolutely right that had you left the dealership, you wouldn’t have seen a single dollar - because that would be up to the dealer and not BMW. You’ll probably get a discount now that you got your deposit back! Sometimes you have to play hardball!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 03:59 PM   #59
kennybb
Private
Rep

I said it’s not up to bmw uk to issue me with compensation they sold me an x5 lost the car with a deposit on then I spend another 50 k go to pick the car told me be two days 3 months later told me they sorted a discount found out that actually they give me no discount and I paid 7k over what I’m being offered one now and was sold . Can’t believe they was trying get me drive off so they can getaway with looking after me bmw garage should issue me the discount or compensation and then they should try get a contribution to it from bmw uk
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 05:51 PM   #60
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

I have still not heard anything from my dealer regarding parts or any sort of update on the car its the 6th week now. I really hope i don’t go through the same bullshit as you, regarding the compensation as that would be very poor of bmw.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 05:56 PM   #61
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have still not heard anything from my dealer regarding parts or any sort of update on the car its the 6th week now. I really hope i don’t go through the same bullshit as you, regarding the compensation as that would be very poor of bmw.
Friendly reminder that you’re buying the car from an independent dealership, not BMW. Just something to keep in mind. If any discounts are to be had, it will be coming from the dealership at their own discretion.

Also, this is not entirely uncommon on vehicles. The airbag recall last year lasted almost 8 months long and affected 3 years worth of X1’s and 2 years of IX’s. Lots of people got pissed off when they couldn’t pick up the cars they ordered. BMW’s answer to was to offer incredible lease incentives to move the excess inventory. Being that this problem has already been resolved on vehicles produced in mid September and later, I would not expect this to happen on the XM because vehicles are not stockpiled at the VPCs. The parts will eventually come in and the vehicle will eventually sell whether it’s to you or someone else.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:05 PM   #62
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

I would assume it is all down to BMW UK to agree to compensate me as it is not the dealers fault that BMW manufactured their cars with faulty braking system. The dealer will be the one giving it to me but essentially bmw uk has to agree and provide whatever the compensation is.
As to the longevity of this problem i really hope it doesn’t take 8 months as i would not be waiting for that long for sure. Bmw are loosing so many clients and their reputation is plummeting at the moment, not sure how they can go so wrong with their best and most expensive cars…
They did update us two weeks ago that they know what the issue is and parts are to be delivered for it but just don’t know when….
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:08 PM   #63
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would assume it is all down to BMW UK to agree to compensate me as it is not the dealers fault that BMW manufactured their cars with faulty braking system. The dealer will be the one giving it to me but essentially bmw uk has to agree and provide whatever the compensation is.
As to the longevity of this problem i really hope it doesn’t take 8 months as i would not be waiting for that long for sure. Bmw are loosing so many clients and their reputation is plummeting at the moment, not sure how they can go so wrong with their best and most expensive cars…
They did update us two weeks ago that they know what the issue is and parts are to be delivered for it but just don’t know when….
But you’re not buying the vehicle directly from BMW. You’re buying it from a completely independent company that’s authorized to sell them. If that simple. It’s an unfortunate situation and I sympathize that you’re going through it.

At the end of the day, it will be up to the dealer to work with you on the price or any type of discount. If you choose not to buy it, they will end up selling it for full price to someone else. No one wants to lose money.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:13 PM   #64
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

I get what you mean but they are called bmw snows and i am pretty sure they are a franchise for bmw. They surely are a separate company but i am thinking they are regulated and controlled by bmw UK hence if you buy an XM from an independent dealership they would not be able to sale stop the car from you because of a recall as they are not regulated by bmw uk. When it comes to the franchised bmw shops they are fully controlled by bmw uk from what i have seen.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 06:16 PM   #65
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I get what you mean but they are called bmw snows and i am pretty sure they are a franchise for bmw. They surely are a separate company but i am thinking they are regulated and controlled by bmw UK hence if you buy an XM from an independent dealership they would not be able to sale stop the car from you because of a recall as they are not regulated by bmw uk. When it comes to the franchised bmw shops they are fully controlled by bmw uk from what i have seen.
BMW does not sell cars directly to customers like Tesla does nor do they own any dealerships that I’ve ever ever heard of. The safety issues and stop sales are usually due to something with your local or country transportation regulations. Here in the US, it’s called the department of transportation. If there’s a safety issue that could cause bodily injury or even death, BMW has no choice but to Initiate a stop sale. With that being said, not all stop sales are global for this very reason.

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 04:49 AM   #66
Viktor2000
United Kingdom
Rep

Thank you!
Appreciate 0