Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Engine randomly shutting off

05-07-2024, 06:28 AM   #1
zachBMW
Zach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Garage List
Engine randomly shutting off

engine will randomly shut off in BMW G20 330i 2019. this just started happening, i would do remote start, get in the car, and the car would randomly shut off after everyone people get in and shut the door. yesterday i was about to drive out to my soccer practice, and i reversed out the garage, put the car in park (on a slight incline) and the car turned off. don’t know if the door got opened or not yesterday cant remember . also, the car drives just fine after the engine stops and i start it back up. the engine shutting off is pretty random too i think, it might be with remote start only but IDK

am i doing something wrong or is there a issue with my car?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 06:24 AM   #2
chutoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Garage List
I noticed it on my 2022 M440i. Remote start and when I get in, the engine shuts off. Used to be that you get in and the engine is still running, you’d have to press on the brake and the start button and release the parking brake. You’d still have to do both actions anyway, so only a few seconds of the engine turning off. Assume that doesn’t lessen the climitization.
Appreciate 1
zachBMW1052.50