E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HELP!

01-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
back2boost
That's what she said.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

HELP!

Im somewhat new to the BMW scene, and I'm happy to say I, and my car, are still going strong! Unfortunately I cant say the same for a friend of mine. He just recently picked up an 06 e90 325 and he started noticing all his lights coming on the dash, usually about 10-15 mins after driving the car (im assuming when the car finally got warm). The oil light, a light with something that looks like a spark plug comes on along with about 4 other lights. What do you all think the issue is?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Has regular maintenance been kept current?

All errors in the dash can be further investigated by pulling the CCID code.
http://www.endtuning.com/ccidcodes.html

If that doesn't give a conclusive answer, plugging the computer will tell the full story. The dealer and most "import" german specialized dealers have the proper equipement to read all BMW codes.

If you get a RED error message in the center dash, it is not safe to keep operating the car (may damage the engine, or be dangerous to drive). Especially true if you have no oil pressure, high temperature or transmission errors. Read the user manual, all these lights, errors and what they mean is written.

Last edited by Meeni; 01-12-2014 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Not to flame you here, but do you think the information you have provided really gives any of us enough information to give you a reasonable or educated answer? You basically said, I have a friend with a BMW and all the lights come up on his dash. The 2006 325i owners manual explains every symbol that can appear on in the gauge cluster except one (the open fuel cap symbol). Also the car has a CBS system, which may be indicating service is due.

So I suggest you provide some more information such as, what options the car has, mods it may have, most importantly - what mileage is on it, and if there are any records of maintenance for the car. Also, take a look at the owners manual and try to decipher the symbols for yourself first and if after that and a reasonable search on the forum doesn't lead you to an answer, then we'll be glad to help.
Appreciate 0