E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > xi w/ KW V1's vs i ground clearance

11-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
xi w/ KW V1's vs i ground clearance

This is likely a very dumb question, but would the ground clearance be the same with an xi with KW V1's versus an i with sport package? (This is assuming the xi was setup to have the same ground to fender height.) Essentially I'm asking if the belly pan or other mechanical parts hang down lower on an xi compared to an i causing the ground clearance to be different.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
This is likely a very dumb question, but would the ground clearance be the same with an xi with KW V1's versus an i with sport package? (This is assuming the xi was setup to have the same ground to fender height.) Essentially I'm asking if the belly pan or other mechanical parts hang down lower on an xi compared to an i causing the ground clearance to be different.
The KW V1's will be a little lower than sport package springs on an i.

The xi and i are constructed the same, so if the ground to fender height is the same, the underside clearance is the same.
Appreciate 0