BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Did the amount of leather get reduced?

06-20-2022, 11:52 PM   #1
MancladLA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i / 21 911 C2S

Did the amount of leather get reduced?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I’ve been looking at a lot of YT videos on X7s to pick up any tips and tricks and I’ve noticed that in many videos the 3rd row seats side panels at the top (closest to windows) is stitched leather - and not only the cars with the white and blue leather. Mine has the back merino leather which is supposedly extended leather. My questions are - where is it extended and also did they reduce the amount of leather (the top part of 3rd row). The trim is also different in the 3rd row - shiny black vs matte wood.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 12:35 AM   #2
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Looks like you're talking about the blue leather on the "window sill" shown in the top right of this video at 4:09?

There are two Merino leather options. Extended, and Full. Full has more leather than extended. That's probably what causes the difference. But I'm not 100% sure.

White + blue is only available in Full. For the other color options, you used to be able to choose Extended or Full. But for '21/'22 model years, those other colors are only available in Extended. So for '21/'22, white+blue is the only Full option.

There's a big thread here about things that BMW has removed from the X7 over the years. The third row trim is one of those; on recent builds it's black plastic instead of wood.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:25 AM   #3
MancladLA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i / 21 911 C2S

Yeah - I’ve seen the DM review on the white and blue interior. However, there is a review by a guy called Ben Hardy on a 2022 X7 M50i that seems to show full leather??

The car has an red / orange leather interior and at 2.56 min in the review you can see the rear has more leather.

I don’t see this as an option in the 2022 configurator.
Appreciate 0