BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

07-17-2020, 10:40 PM   #771
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Man... these dots are boring me...no movement at all in so long. Maybe next week will be better.
I feel for you and Huskerdoc. Hang in there. The wait will be over before you know it. It's starts off really slow but then it moves super fast and next thing you know the car is here and in your driveway. Pls keep us posted of your status and when you get delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #772
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Alright the car is here. Makes you forget about the wait. Here's a preview shot, I haven't had it washed yet so I'll post all the photos after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
What a coincidence. I picked my car today too. It landed at the dealer yesterday and finally picked it up and got it home today. It does make you forget the wait. It's amazing. This car is on a whole other level.

Here are a few quick pics I took at the dealer after delivery.
Stupid question! How did you guys spec your X7 with running boards?? I have a 2021 X7 M50i with production week 33 assigned and didn't think I could add this...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #773
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Assuming my MY2021 week 33 (Aug 10-14) production sticks, ya think I'll have my car delivered by the end of August? I'm in the Northeast.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #774
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Quote:
Alright the car is here. Makes you forget about the wait. Here's a preview shot, I haven't had it washed yet so I'll post all the photos after.
Quote:
What a coincidence. I picked my car today too. It landed at the dealer yesterday and finally picked it up and got it home today. It does make you forget the wait. It's amazing. This car is on a whole other level.

Stupid question! How did you guys spec your X7 with running boards?? I have a 2021 X7 M50i with production week 33 assigned and didn't think I could add this...
It was an available option when we built the car. Option code is 328.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3988.00
      07-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #775
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Assuming my MY2021 week 33 (Aug 10-14) production sticks, ya think I'll have my car delivered by the end of August? I'm in the Northeast.
My car completed production on 7/12. It was at the dealer the afternoon of 7/16 in Maryland. You are in PA so not that much further. Doll so maybe an additional day or 2
Appreciate 1
MomoM3988.00
      07-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #776
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:

Looking good there!! Enjoy!!

What's the interior color?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #777
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Looking good there!! Enjoy!!

What's the interior color?
Black
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #778
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Black
Black on black nice! You need some tint on the front glass and it will look slick!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #779
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Black
Black on black nice! You need some tint on the front glass and it will look sick!
Yep! Agree 100%. I already have an appointment scheduled for Friday to get the front 2 windows tinted.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #780
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was an option when I ordered mine but I just looked and they are not on the online configurator. Might be a short time supply issue or maybe things changed for MY21.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 1
MomoM3988.00
      07-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #781
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was an option when I ordered mine but I just looked and they are not on the online configurator. Might be a short time supply issue or maybe things changed for MY21.
It's still available as an option for the 2020 40i. But, you are right, not on the configurator for the 2020 M50i. I also just checked the ordering guide for MY21 and the running boards are only available on the 40i for some reason. Not the M50i.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3988.00
      07-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #782
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's still available as an option for the 2020 40i. But, you are right, not on the configurator for the 2020 M50i. I also just checked the ordering guide for MY21 and the running boards are only available on the 40i for some reason. Not the M50i.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was an available option when we built the car. Option code is 328.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What a bummer. I can almost understand why they wouldn't spec running boards on the M50i but I mean come on, it's still a truck. Would be nice to have them added.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:20 PM   #783
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My car completed production on 7/12. It was at the dealer the afternoon of 7/16 in Maryland. You are in PA so not that much further. Doll so maybe an additional day or 2
Wow that's super fast! I may actually get it in August after all.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 06:39 AM   #784
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Black
Black on black nice! You need some tint on the front glass and it will look slick!
Any updates on your X7? What status is it in now? Do you have a production completion date yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #785
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
Any updates on your X7? What status is it in now? Do you have a production completion date yet?
It's supposed to be completed this week but we will see, the dot hasn't moved since I got the VIN. :
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #786
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
It's supposed to be completed this week but we will see dot hasn't moved since I got the VIN. :
We are only 112 vehicles apart on the VIN so it'll be interesting to see how the dots lay out for us in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #787
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
It's supposed to be completed this week but we will see, the dot hasn't moved since I got the VIN. :
So it's still on Dot 3 (Production Begins)? It will move really quick once it moves through Production. I moved through the rest of the dots in the course of 5 days or so. Keep me posted. Would love to see some pics when you get it.

Also, go over the car with a fine tooth comb at delivery. The quality check at the plant is not that great. The BMW logo on the hood of my car was not seated right and is sticking out. And the seat lock sensor for the rear seat is faulty. Keeps giving a message that the seat is not locked when I know for a fact that it is locked. Going back to the dealer tomorrow to get all fixed.

On the other hand, the RES and B&W are amazing. Better than I expected.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #788
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
It's supposed to be completed this week but we will see dot hasn't moved since I got the VIN. :
We are only 112 vehicles apart on the VIN so it'll be interesting to see how the dots lay out for us in comparison.
Last three if my VIN are 015. What is yours?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #789
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
What is the last 3 of your VIN?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #790
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
Last 3 are 215.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #791
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black
Last 3 are 215.
So we are 200 cars apart. Interesting to see when yours will be done. And how long it takes them to build 200 cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #792
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Well, according to 'genius' my X7 is still scheduled for completion on Wednesday (7/22). Still on dot 3 on the website...Surely something will change tomorrow right?!?
Appreciate 0